Wharf extension OPT

Hi Graham

Can you tell me what the floor surfaces are in the new terminal .. are they all "hard surfaces" or are there any carpeted areas??

I have an issue walking long distances (500mtrs) on some surfaces so will need to plan by wearing suitable footware .. its a funny issue I can walk all day on grass or carpet or even tarmac but marble type tiles or polished concrete can be painful ...just getting old I suppose

Regards

John

Hi Graham

Can you tell me what the floor surfaces are in the new terminal .. are they all "hard surfaces" or are there any carpeted areas??

I have an issue walking long distances (500mtrs) on some surfaces so will need to plan by wearing suitable footware .. its a funny issue I can walk all day on grass or carpet or even tarmac but marble type tiles or polished concrete can be painful ...just getting old I suppose

Regards

John

Sorry...Other than the small two foot square piece of red carpet for those" special" people:eek: there are no soft surfaces at all in the terminal. The new ground floor level is all polished concrete and some tiles around the old lift area and the existing check in area upstairs is some sort of rubber/ linoleum type tile but not very soft unfortunately. You could always take advantage of the wheelchair assist if you think it would make things easier for you..no sense suffering unneccassarily.

Sorry...Other than the small two foot square piece of red carpet for those" special" people:eek: there are no soft surfaces at all in the terminal. The new ground floor level is all polished concrete and some tiles around the old lift area and the existing check in area upstairs is some sort of rubber/ linoleum type tile but not very soft unfortunately. You could always take advantage of the wheelchair assist if you think it would make things easier for you..no sense suffering unneccassarily.

Thanks Graham

Oh well I'll wear my new hi-tek joggers rather than sandals they are a bit hotter to wear and as I have the hottest smelliest feet in Gods firmament I normally try to wear open shoes , if I have issues the wife can carry me :-)

Now about those carpet squares are you sure you could not just keep laying them down in front of me as I stagger along :p

And I also understand I have to carry my own booze on board .. what is the world coming to ???

Need to make a trip to ALDI for a couple of bottles of their 'Kiora Bay" sav blanc which is a splendid little drop for quaffing on ones balcony whilst waiting to sail away , it from Marlborough region of New Zealand

We are looking forward very much to our trip and will try to say hello during the checkin process but I understand you will be very busy .. have a happy new year

Regards

John

But I think I may have been the first Special Person to have the red carpet thrown at them, so just how Special must i be?:cool::rolleyes:

I wouldn't say that having a red carpet thrown at you is special? ,when Mic had his placed for him now that's special , but I think when gbenjo has that pipe band welcome for us on Sunday now that's special:)

Thanks Graham

Oh well I'll wear my new hi-tek joggers rather than sandals they are a bit hotter to wear and as I have the hottest smelliest feet in Gods firmament I normally try to wear open shoes , if I have issues the wife can carry me :-)

Now about those carpet squares are you sure you could not just keep laying them down in front of me as I stagger along :p

And I also understand I have to carry my own booze on board .. what is the world coming to ???

Need to make a trip to ALDI for a couple of bottles of their 'Kiora Bay" sav blanc which is a splendid little drop for quaffing on ones balcony whilst waiting to sail away , it from Marlborough region of New Zealand

We are looking forward very much to our trip and will try to say hello during the checkin process but I understand you will be very busy .. have a happy new year

Regards

John

There is only ONE carpet square ... so unless you can hop really high and have it slid forward while you are in the air...forget it:D

One square. We might have to chip in so you can get another one made. ;) Any chance you could just leave it on the ground rather than throw it at us?

Seriously though, loving the update pics, and hoping we can eyeball you in Feb, after missing you in the White Bay shuffle last time on Solstice. :D

One square. We might have to chip in so you can get another one made. ;) Any chance you could just leave it on the ground rather than throw it at us?

Seriously though, loving the update pics, and hoping we can eyeball you in Feb, after missing you in the White Bay shuffle last time on Solstice. :D

Graham I suspect you've started something now.

What do you mean....... I'VE started something?????? It is all the fault of those demanding "special" people:mad::mad:

Thanks for the updates gbenjo, I really appreciated the special treatment.

BTW I do not consider myself that special, my wife would certainly back this statement.

Humbly your fellow CC member Mic:D

How low can you go :p

Lets see how far crawling gets you .....

Your obedient Servant

John :D

Ps Lets play Hop Scotch with Grahams Carpet Square

Thanks for the updates gbenjo, I really appreciated the special treatment.

BTW I do not consider myself that special, my wife would certainly back this statement.

Now Mic your dear lady told me that you are special.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my ticket booklet for our upcoming Radiance cruise in Feb. Says boarding is between 11am and 3pm yet the ship isn't scheduled to depart until 6:30pm. I know some ships have been leaving a little earlier this year (around 5pm). Also terms and conditions all say passengers must be on board 90mins before departure, which is 5pm) and coupled with the fact that you can no longer leave the ship on boarding day why would the 3pm cut off be specified?

Just received my ticket booklet for our upcoming Radiance cruise in Feb. Says boarding is between 11am and 3pm yet the ship isn't scheduled to depart until 6:30pm. I know some ships have been leaving a little earlier this year (around 5pm). Also terms and conditions all say passengers must be on board 90mins before departure, which is 5pm) and coupled with the fact that you can no longer leave the ship on boarding day why would the 3pm cut off be specified?

I suspect that they are saying commence boarding between 11 and 3 they know it takes time and know some will wait till last minute on a busy day it can take a while to get everyone on if they all arrive at 3.

I am going on the Solstice next Sunday. Can any one tell me if tge opt is operating as normal or ate there any changes thait I need to know

Cruise love

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forums mobile app

believe from reports I've had that it's pretty much back to normal, but I'm sure you'll get a better answer with specifics, s there anything in particular?