Wharf extension OPT

Sorry Buzz:) You are absolutely correct , your title for the thread was 100% correct (in the beginning) What I meant was that all these other VIP people hijacked your thread and turned it into a way of getting a little bit of one up manship for their inflated egos:D:D If it wasn't for me keeping control , who knows where the thread would have ended up:eek::eek:

I am no VIP , I just get on board go to a bar get a bucket of beers and retire to my aft balcony cabin/ stateroom/luxury abode/guest room/ and enjoy the heck out of not being at work :)

How lucky am I? Checked in by the wonderful Jbenjo!

Ahhhh, that would have been fun! He is not going to hide from us this time (well actually it turns out I walked past him, but he wasn't where he was supposed to be!) We are on the next Rhapsody cruise. So looking forward to it. Looks like you got another drizzly day in Sydney on the Sydney café web cam. Have a great trip!

Edited by goodycruising

Leaving on Radiance 26th Feb.. Lucky enough to be traveling in a suite this time.. But I think I'll try and check in somewhere Graham isn't.. He's become such a legend now I don't know what I'd say if I actually met him in person.. He is such a font of useful info and tips and seems like a really nice guy. I'd spend too much time thanking him for all his wonderful advice and miss the ship! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:)

leaving on radiance 26th feb.. Lucky enough to be traveling in a suite this time.. But i think i'll try and check in somewhere graham isn't.. He's become such a legend now i don't know what i'd say if i actually met him in person.. He is such a font of useful info and tips and seems like a really nice guy. I'd spend too much time thanking him for all his wonderful advice and miss the ship! [emoji3]

sent from my ipad using tapatalk

like :)

Leaving on Radiance 26th Feb.. Lucky enough to be traveling in a suite this time.. But I think I'll try and check in somewhere Graham isn't.. He's become such a legend now I don't know what I'd say if I actually met him in person.. He is such a font of useful info and tips and seems like a really nice guy. I'd spend too much time thanking him for all his wonderful advice and miss the ship! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:o:o:o:o:o:o Aw Thanks

I am no VIP , I just get on board go to a bar get a bucket of beers and retire to my aft balcony cabin/ stateroom/luxury abode/guest room/ and enjoy the heck out of not being at work :)

So you are a VIP.. that action with the beers would make you a .......Very Intoxicated Person :rolleyes::rolleyes:............... or is that a VPP :confused::D

Dear Mr Gbenjo (may I call you Graham?),

I was so intoxicated by your presence (and certainly not by any spirits) that I completely disremembered the timing of our cruise on the Century, which was in October, last year, not August. I may have been thinking of the Spring, and it's promise............ :eek: (Waddya reckon, MicCanberra, am I on the right track?)

I was expecting some tall, spiritual, spectre wearing a Gold Star for service (getting a picture now?) that I completely lost track of time when you actually appeared. :confused:

Of course it was October, how could I forget.... the smell of damp plaster, (I love the smell of damp plaster in the morning), your personage, the uniform!!!) - the suddenness and the glory of it - that I completely lost the plot.

However, it is so wonderful that you are there, still, and I can see you now - dispensing your wisdom to all and sundry. What a figure you make.

Thank you for being you............

Now, how about using your influence for an upgrade for the 25th of February on the Solstice, from Fremantle?

Much lurv,

ratacake

I was so intoxicated by your presence (and certainly not by any spirits) that I completely disremembered the timing of our cruise on the Century, which was in October, last year, not August. I may have been thinking of the Spring, and it's promise............ :eek: (Waddya reckon, MicCanberra, am I on the right track?)

I was expecting some tall, spiritual, spectre wearing a Gold Star for service (getting a picture now?) that I completely lost track of time when you actually appeared. :confused:

Of course it was October, how could I forget.... the smell of damp plaster, (I love the smell of damp plaster in the morning), your personage, the uniform!!!) - the suddenness and the glory of it - that I completely lost the plot.

However, it is so wonderful that you are there, still, and I can see you now - dispensing your wisdom to all and sundry. What a figure you make.

Now, how about using your influence for an upgrade for the 25th of February on the Solstice, from Fremantle?

Much lurv,

ratacake

Me thinks you will need to try harder if you want Gbenjo's service in Freo.:D

I was so intoxicated by your presence (and certainly not by any spirits) that I completely disremembered the timing of our cruise on the Century, which was in October, last year, not August. I may have been thinking of the Spring, and it's promise............ (Waddya reckon, MicCanberra, am I on the right track?)

I was expecting some tall, spiritual, spectre wearing a Gold Star for service (getting a picture now?) that I completely lost track of time when you actually appeared.

Much lurv,

ratacake

Yes...... you may call me Graham :rolleyes: ( outstretched arm with hand placed on Ratcakes shoulder):D

Sorry Ratcake but as MicCanberra mentioned I will not be able to do the Fremantle check in. I normally catch a bus to work ( $2.50 Opal card ) but I could not find one that would get me to Fremantle in time to start my shift and then get me back home in time for the Channel NIne 6pm news so I can see the ship that is berthed at the OPT:D

Unfortunately (even with all my influence) I / we have no say when it comes to upgrades, they are all, if any,handled by the ship and still one of life's great mysteries:confused:

I can however organise your luggage to be placed at the front of the row to make it easy to find when you debark in Sydney on the 14th March if that is what you want.....nothing is too much trouble for my VIP CC followers.:D:D

Any photos or updates on how the OPT is progressing?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nothing "visual" really since my last photos but as I have mentioned the terminal is due to be "handed over " to Sydney Ports on the 14th February so other than the final refurb to the existing check in level which, I believe, will be done over the winter season, the work is basically complete.

We had a very fast smooth disembarkation on tuesday 27th. (And embarkation) from celebrity. We even had a porter to help with our bags. We had a baby with us.

However, we learnt from our october radiance debacle and arranged a shuttle service home.

Again there were no taxis for the poor folk coming out on deck 2. It was pouring with rain and they were being sent down to circular quay again.

So, if you are wanting a taxi home make sure you don't come out on level two.

Maybe once it has finished this may change. ...graham??

Nothing "visual" really since my last photos but as I have mentioned the terminal is due to be "handed over " to Sydney Ports on the 14th February so other than the final refurb to the existing check in level which, I believe, will be done over the winter season, the work is basically complete.

I am looking forward to seeing the change to the OPT between last month (Dec) and next month (Feb), as the lower floor area should all be completed by then.:D

We had a very fast smooth disembarkation on tuesday 27th. (And embarkation) from celebrity. We even had a porter to help with our bags. We had a baby with us.

However, we learnt from our october radiance debacle and arranged a shuttle service home.

Again there were no taxis for the poor folk coming out on deck 2. It was pouring with rain and they were being sent down to circular quay again.

So, if you are wanting a taxi home make sure you don't come out on level two.

Maybe once it has finished this may change. ...graham??

I can see where you are coming from with the taxi bit. However, try debarking at Vancouver when 3 ships dock at the same time plus Rhapsody at Ballantyne:eek:

Granted everything was inside and coaches, taxis etc were also inside the terminal but what mayhem. Only 4 taxis at the rank at any one time and line up extended well back into the baggage collection area.

We had cruise friends starting there cruise tour to the Rockies and it took the coach 2.5 hours ti pick up from Ballantyne and then collect them. They were still waiting at 11am for there 9am pickup. I think we said our goodbyes 3 or 4 times:)

Sydney just runs so smoothly compared to most other places.

Hugh

When my drinks are free......

How can I not be a Very Intoxicared (Psst) Person? :eek:

Yeh...So much so you cannot even spell it :D:D:D

See you on the17th

By the way, the red carpet square is not big enough for all of you.:)