Bobby Brown - Cruise Director - Opinion?

I of course appreciate that opinions are subjective but can anyone give me their view of Bobby Brown as he is the CD on an upcoming cruise. Thanks.

Before I get flamed or dozens of posts about this I am a person who does think a CD adds or takes away from my cruise. I appreciate you might not. :)

I of course appreciate that opinions are subjective but can anyone give me their view of Bobby Brown as he is the CD on an upcoming cruise. Thanks.

Before I get flamed or dozens of posts about this I am a person who does think a CD adds or takes away from my cruise. I appreciate you might not. :)

I love him. There's just something about him.

Gina

I can't believe people actually know names of cruise directors.

Of all my trips, I could not tell you one thing about any of them, let alone their names.

Except one female CD who made announcements with a great English accent.

I think that was on the Carnival Fantasy...

Tell me . . . . . . what's that something ?????

Maybe it's the kilt. :)

He's just very nice, pleasant and his wife works along side him as activities manager. He's been around a long time so he's experienced. He's not loud and crazy but I don't care for that type of cruise directing.

He's a very normal, regular Scotsman, only you can understand him. :)

Gina

• Like 1

Of all my trips, I could not tell you one thing about any of them, let alone their names.

I had Big Tex on Carnival Fantasy and then Butch the next time. And Stu on Carnival Spirit. :D All three were memorable and I really liked them all. I remember more about them than most RCI cruise directors.

I remember Bobby well because we've been on board with him a lot. There are plenty I don't remember at all.

Gina

Just another data point, we've only been on a few cruises but 2 of them were with Bobby as the CD. We like him, the man seems to be everywhere and we sometimes wondered if he ever sleeps. As others have noted, he is fairly low-key but funny, I've seen his cake decorating session twice but I would certainly make sure to see it again if I had the chance. He is actually the only CD I remember.

I refer you to the 2nd paragraph of my original post. You are exactly the person I expected to write this.

I refer you to the 2nd paragraph of my original post. You are exactly the person I expected to write this.

Well that's why I wrote it.

I think about 90% of the CD are almost exactly the same.

They even use many of the same jokes.

After many trips they all blend together and I tune them out.

I guess it's hard because they have to try to appeal to a broad group of people at the same time.

Now that I am thinking about it, I remember a guy with a Union Jack blazer and some fat guy who called himself "big sexy" ...

He's just very nice, pleasant and his wife works along side him as activities manager. He's been around a long time so he's experienced. He's not loud and crazy but I don't care for that type of cruise directing.

Gina

I agree - it's probably the kilt :D

I enjoyed having him as a cruise director and he's one of the few that I actually remember.

• 2 years later...

Responding to an old post on Cruise Directors.....just back from Harmony where Bobby Brown and ?Tino? did the most amazing job...kept you up to date at start of each day on tv in stateroom. Very funny guys made my day

Anyone know which ship they will go to now HOTS is moving to Caribbean???

Gina

We love him. Have had he and Becky more than once. Was profoundly impressed by how he tactfully managed someone whose English was very poor through the Marriage game. Poor lady had no idea what her husband had got her into.