Balcony Bargain

chester8

The thing I don't understand is why anyone in their right mind would pay "The Cunard Fare" of £1549 for an obstructed view instead ? Because if you book the Saver Fare the worst you'd get is an obstructed view, but save yourself £950. And you might get a better grade, and save yourself even more.

• 2 weeks later...

That rate of £599 was only around for a day or two.The charge is now £899.If you missed that deal,there is a new one on the QV also at £599 for balconies.It's the same rate for insides and oceanviews.

The cruise is a 10 day Med. round trip from Southampton.

I received a similar offer for this cruise: $599 for best available inside, outside or balcony. This did not include air and was marked as "Offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Bermuda, Puerto Rico, Mexico and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and receive this offer. Fares quoted in U.S. dollars."

A short while later I received an offer for two Atlantic crossings in November at the same low price of $599 for best available inside, outside or balcony "while supplies last."

Booked this Monday , It had dropped quite a bit since inquiring late Sat felt it too good to miss could hardly get a hotel room for that price! So one happy bunny here.

We booked yesterday, they didn't have any obstructed balcony left but still had unobstructed balcony at £649

Hi,

I did a similar cruise on the Queen Elizabeth in later November / early December 2012 (10-day cruise from Civitavecchia (Rome) to Southampton) and greatly enjoyed the cruise. I received an excellent price and liked the itinerary. Although the temperatures were cool, the ports were not crowded.

Chuck

In a December crossing, you can expect weather in the North Atlantic to be 45 - 50 degrees F. Add to that, a windchill factor of your ship going 20 knots and you have a blast freezer. The best that can be said of a Balcony at this time and route is that it will let in lots of light -weather permitting.

Should that read the other way round? Why would you want an obstructed view?

Thanks

The obstructed balcony was £599 but they had all gone and they only had unobstructed at £50 more.

If in The States the prices were the same but in dollars that was a deal it's a pity we can't book through US agents here in the UK.

In a December crossing, you can expect weather in the North Atlantic to be 45 - 50 degrees F. Add to that, a windchill factor of your ship going 20 knots and you have a blast freezer. The best that can be said of a Balcony at this time and route is that it will let in lots of light -weather permitting.

These prices aren't for a crossing, they are for a Mediterranean cruise.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

Edited by hattie the cattie

Some of us enjoy those conditions so much that we actually seek them out.:p

And a January crossing is even better.;) The balcony is a great bonus, as you can see here:D:

DaddyWarbucks, I've read that open decks can and will be closed when the weather is severe, which makes perfect sense. Are passengers balconies also off limits when that happens? - Or are passengers with balconies permitted to step out on their balconies for a breath of fresh air? I've yet to experience a transatlantic crossing, but I'm rather fond of fresh air, so having a balcony would be worth the expense to me, provided I was permitted to open the balcony door:eek: Thanks, -S.

We booked yesterday, they didn't have any obstructed balcony left but still had unobstructed balcony at £649

I like a balcony for the availability of fresh air, I chose the obstructed as I prefer mid ship, as advertised, but TA warned me I might get upgraded, prefer not to be. Did a similar price thing on Elizabeth lat year and got a lovely rear cabin right next door to the last of the midships:D

Was only thinking of doing something and bingo they send an email with real goodies. The hotel the night before is £ 80 just for the room! So £19 extra for a cruise and all in :)

DaddyWarbucks, I've read that open decks can and will be closed when the weather is severe, which makes perfect sense. Are passengers balconies also off limits when that happens? - Or are passengers with balconies permitted to step out on their balconies for a breath of fresh air? I've yet to experience a transatlantic crossing, but I'm rather fond of fresh air, so having a balcony would be worth the expense to me, provided I was permitted to open the balcony door:eek: Thanks, -S.

I think the trick would be in managing to open your door in the face of those gale force winds! I know there have been times when I've struggled to push open a balcony door, with all my weight behind it. Imagine trying to PULL it open from your balcony. Don't go out there without warm covering and signal flares in case you're stuck for the night. :D