Most consecutive day at sea

B1G

Unless you are on a U S Navy ship.:D

On the USS Parsons (DDG-33), we had 2 in 1971-2 where we were out 55 days straight and then the next time it was 77. We stopped in Okinawa to refuel on our way back from 'Nam to our homeport in Japan on the 77 day cruise ... never have I seen so many drunk guys try to get the ship cast off so we could head home ... UFFDA!!

WOW! I'm impressed. I have never taken longer than a 10 night as DH and I are not both retired yet, but I could see maybe 2-3 weeks. I am not sure I could handle one longer than that. Don't you get tired of being in that small, small room? (we would never be able to afford larger than balcony) Don't you get tired of always eating each meal out (perhaps with a room service here or there). Don't you get tired of wearing a small selection of clothes over and over and over? (this question is probably more for us girls). Don't you get tired of the same entertainment over and over? Don't you miss your home and your family (or extended family) and friends? I'm not criticizing at all - just really curious as I am not sure how I would handle these things. :):)

WOW! I'm impressed. I have never taken longer than a 10 night as DH and I are not both retired yet, but I could see maybe 2-3 weeks. I am not sure I could handle one longer than that. Don't you get tired of being in that small, small room? (we would never be able to afford larger than balcony) Don't you get tired of always eating each meal out (perhaps with a room service here or there). Don't you get tired of wearing a small selection of clothes over and over and over? (this question is probably more for us girls). Don't you get tired of the same entertainment over and over? Don't you miss your home and your family (or extended family) and friends? I'm not criticizing at all - just really curious as I am not sure how I would handle these things. :):)

SIGN ME UP to be 'tired'.

Longest so far is 14 as I'm not retired yet either. That being said, I would not tire of being in a balcony cabin, nor would I tire of eating out. Since I do all cruises with only a carry on, I'd not tire of the same clothes.

I can't wait to do a nice looooooong cruise. Guaranteed, I won't get tired!

14 days was our first to Pacific Islands. We loved it. Pacific Dawn. 2nd voyage after the Maiden trip when it first came to Australia, renovated from OS. 2 adults and 2 children. We spent $10,000 all up. We are addicted to Cruising and now have done 6. We have done all the P&O's. Rhapsody twice and 1 on the Solstice. Celebrity was 17 days. Top End of Australia including 2 days in Bali

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have loved our long cruises. Yes, there have been moments of minor discontent, but they are fleeting. I love not having to clean or cook ... we take advantage of ship activities - or not - depending on how we feel on any given day. We do advance research on the ports so we can take full advantage of shore time.

The only thing mentioned that does occasionally bother me is wardrobe considerations. It would be nice to have my entire closet with me, but just not practical!

We aren't retired either but my husband has time away at work then equal time off. We usually cruise in a JR suite so have enough room with a WI closet for more clothes than I ever wear. I always overpack and we usually have three big suitcases full. Sometimes I do get sick of the same old food but there is always something to eat that we enjoy. We don't go to the theatre and spend a lot of time reading and just chilling out. When I still owned my business I would spend several hours a day working in our suite. My favourite office!! My husband is a former Royal Australian Navy Submariner so he enjoys seeing the above the waterline :)

We did 54 days - half the world cruise. Didn't get tired of anything (maybe of people complaining). Would do it again in a heartbeat - just send me the tickets and I'll be there. The longest number of days at sea without going into port for me was 11 days sailing to the U K from Australia in 1971. This year we did Buenos Aires to LA - 31 days.

Our Longest Cruises were 14 days: Panama Canal, Baltic and Eastern Mediterranean.

Our Shortest Cruise: 3 Day Baja Cruise (way too short!)

You know, for two working adults, 14 days is a bit long. We agree that 7 days seems too short after you have taken a longer cruise. I think for people that are still working, 10 day cruises would be just right, especially something that started on a Friday and returned the following week on a Monday.

When we retire, we definitely want to do a WORLD CRUISE !!! :D

Edited by curtdesilets
Clarification

Still only 14 here too - both of us are still working & we have to leave our cat with a family member so probably be a while before we can arrange anything longer. I think even when we're retired I would always want a cat which will probably limit us to 2 weeks anyway. Luckily have a family member I leave her with where she is happy for a bit, but I wouldn't want to leave her there too long.

When you say most consecutive days at sea, do you mean literally days at sea with no port stops or the duration of the total trip? For me, the most sea days are seven in a row between Europe and Fort Lauderdale; however, the longest trip will be 16 days this November with an 18 day Australian and New Zealand cruise booked for 2016.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

USS Iowa 93 days at sea in Persian Gulf. Even had beer on board for our steel beach picnic on day 91.

101 days port-to-port in the North Arabian sea in '83. My Cryptologic Technicians forged additional beer tickets, got caught, and went to Captain's Mast. They didn't set foot on the beach until San Diego many months later. It was a lot more than 101 days for them ;) .

MARK