No more buffet for P&O Australia!

I'm not sure that I want Aussie food.

And that from a bloke who loves a pie and sauce and a snag Sanger.

Agreed, on a cruise, I want a nice selection of foods that are normally found in restuarants (italian, chinese, japanese, french, malaysian, african, american, etc.).:D

I agree that on a cruiseship we like fine dining and good food and a variety of dishes. If we have 'Aussie food' we want it to be close to the original, not a poor imitation.:)

Nothing worse, in my opinion, than a poor imitation.

The "Lamington" they dished up on one cruise was laughable.

However the Pav was good.

I agree that on a cruiseship we like fine dining and good food and a variety of dishes. If we have 'Aussie food' we want it to be close to the original, not a poor imitation.:)

To me Aussie food is eating our national emblems. :p

Things like emu, roo and croc kebabs or Kangaroo steak with red wine jus.:D

Nothing worse, in my opinion, than a poor imitation.

The "Lamington" they dished up on one cruise was laughable.

However the Pav was good.

We had an imitation lamington on Rhapsody of the Seas. They'd had a good go but the result wasn't good. :(

Oh well, plenty of other good food available on board. :)

Only 4 days until we're back on a ship again. :D

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

All good tucker.

Why don't Yanks eat Bald Eagle?

Well, eating kangaroo is one thing but when was the last time you were served a plate of koala? :confused: :rolleyes:

We had an imitation lamington on Rhapsody of the Seas. They'd had a good go but the result wasn't good. :(

Oh well, plenty of other good food available on board. :)

Only 4 days until we're back on a ship again. :D

Lucky you. I've got 70 more big sleeps [as I used to tell the kids] till I'm back on board, not that I'm counting mind you :D

Well, eating kangaroo is one thing but when was the last time you were served a plate of koala? :confused: :rolleyes:

I refuse to answer that. It wasn't on a plate and it was served by people who had the right to eat it.

To me Aussie food is eating our national emblems. :p

Things like emu, roo and croc kebabs or Kangaroo steak with red wine jus.:D

I have a Chef mate in southern Sydney with an 'up market pub bistro.' He has had 'National Emblem' as a main course on his menu for many years, I have tried it..Crocodile, Emu, Kangaroo, all grilled to perfection with chips and salad or veges. Lubbly Jubbly, just like a mixed grill of old. Years ago in WA I gave the Emu pies a hit, not bad, just like chicken.

I reckon that Luke Mangan bloke should whack 'National Emblem' on the menu in his cover charge restaurants on P&O Orstralia.

Above all enjoy !!

Edited by NSWP

I have a Chef mate in southern Sydney with an 'up market pub bistro.' He has had 'National Emblem' as a main course on his menu for many years, I have tried it..Crocodile, Emu, Kangaroo, all grilled to perfection with chips and salad or veges. Lubbly Jubbly, just like a mixed grill of old. Years ago in WA I gave the Emu pies a hit, not bad, just like chicken.

I reckon that Luke Mangan bloke should whack 'National Emblem' on the menu in his cover charge restaurants on P&O Orstralia.

Above all enjoy !!

Emu's a bit like Chook, perhaps a bit gamier.

Croc is interesting, if it was raised on chicken it tastes a bit like chicken, if raised on beef that's the taste you get. So why doesn't lamb taste like grass?

Above all enjoy !!

Yes, I agree, give them some proper aussie bush tucker.

Plenty of roo in the supermarkets (here anyway), we have it regularly as it is very lean meat and relatively cheap.

As for emus, they are protected, so only farmed emus can be used, makes them a bit more expensive and harder to come by.

Croc for me has a chicken texture but a slightly fishy taste, also not readily available here in the ACT.:D

Yes, I agree, give them some proper aussie bush tucker.

Plenty of roo in the supermarkets (here anyway), we have it regularly as it is very lean meat and relatively cheap.

As for emus, they are protected, so only farmed emus can be used, makes them a bit more expensive and harder to come by.

Croc for me has a chicken texture but a slightly fishy taste, also not readily available here in the ACT.:D

G'day Mic

Croc always has a slight fish taste, but if it has had a diet rich in fish that fishiness will be stronger, it really is one meat that you can tell what its diet was by taste.

G'day Mic

Croc always has a slight fish taste, but if it has had a diet rich in fish that fishiness will be stronger, it really is one meat that you can tell what its diet was by taste.

One does not want the 'Human taste' (if you know what I mean) when sampling the grilled NT Crocodile.

I must say though, I like to try the occasional Kipper for brekkie on P&O UK, they can keep their black pudding but. Even my Labrador would not devour that, but then again, it is a 4 legged garbage bin.

Edited by NSWP

One does not want the 'Human taste' (if you know what I mean) when sampling the grilled NT Crocodile.

I must say though, I like to try the occasional Kipper for brekkie on P&O UK, they can keep their black pudding but. Even my Labrador would not devour that, but then again, it is a 4 legged garbage bin.

The human taste, might be just like chicken?:eek:

Except if they eat german backpackers, they taste the worst.;)

G'day NSWP

How do you know if you hewt the "human taste" though?

G'day NSWP

How do you know if you hewt the "human taste" though?

Hewt? What is that word? No I like the Wurst but not the Black Pudding, it is for the Chavs.

It is Oktoberfest, having some Aldi grilled Bratwurst right now, lubbly jubbly.

Guten Nacht.

Edited by NSWP

On the topic of eating our 'national dish' - when we were in the NT a few years ago I bought some kangaroo sausages. My 'other half' refused to eat kangaroo steak. We each could only manage half of one sausage (not the two on the plate) and we put the remainder out for the crows. Even they wouldn't eat them.:)

On the topic of eating our 'national dish' - when we were in the NT a few years ago I bought some kangaroo sausages. My 'other half' refused to eat kangaroo steak. We each could only manage half of one sausage (not the two on the plate) and we put the remainder out for the crows. Even they wouldn't eat them.:)

I must admit, I am not a fan of the roo sausages, too dense and they seem overcooked and get tough. Fillets on the other hand are delicious if they are left very pink on the inside.:D

Hewt? What is that word? No I like the Wurst but not the Black Pudding, it is for the Chavs.

Guten Nacht.

Guten Morgen Oom Les, hope you wurst didn't repeat on you last night.:D

Guten Nacht.

"Hewt" simply means I can't type.

Let's try again

How do you know if you have the "human taste" though?