No more buffet for P&O Australia!

Don't tell me there are bogans in the buffet on the QM2.:eek:

Of course a few colonial bogans and the Brit equivalent CHAVS, love ye olde buffet on QM2. Baked beans, snags, fried bread, black pudding, yum, yum.

Of course a few colonial bogans and the Brit equivalent CHAVS, love ye olde buffet on QM2. Baked beans, snags, fried bread, black pudding, yum, yum.

I don't think baked beans on a ship is a good idea Les., unless you spend a lot of time on deck, too many enclosed spaces otherwise.:eek:

I don't think baked beans on a ship is a good idea Les., unless you spend a lot of time on deck, too many enclosed spaces otherwise.:eek:

Baked beans is a staple on most cruise ships.

Doesn't seem to have caused much of a problem. :D

Baked beans is a staple on most cruise ships.

Doesn't seem to have caused much of a problem. :D

Indeed ye olde Baked Beans are my favourite brekkie on land and water, all that fibre is good for one. I like Watties, but hard to get, Heinz will do.

They can assist in propulsion I do believe, perhaps Sea Princess can receive supplementary propulsion by the Captain directing all pax and crew to partake in the aforesaid baked bean brekkie. LOL.

Edited by NSWP

Indeed ye olde Baked Beans are my favourite brekkie on land and water, all that fibre is good for one. I like Watties, but hard to get, Heinz will do.

They can assist in propulsion I do believe, perhaps Sea Princess can receive supplementary propulsion by the Captain directing all pax and crew to partake in the aforesaid baked bean brekkie. LOL.

The cruise ships can go back to the old days of wind power.:p

Hehe, a baked bean challenge perhaps? ;)

I wonder how much extra the wine class, whiskey tasting and coffee appreciation classes will cost.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They already have beer tasting, cocktail making classes etc and these are normally $10-$15.00

They already have beer tasting, cocktail making classes etc and these are normally $10-$15.00

I have arranged whiskey tastings in the past and it was approx $10 per person, about 10 whiskeys to try and the information to go with each. Great value.:D

I recollect on Arcadia 2012 World cruise, invited to a whisky tasting in the on board shop, tasted the Johnny Walker Blue, JW Green, Glenlivet etc, all complimentary, hush, hush, the shop manager was an Aussie. Don't tell the Poms he said. Lubberly Jubberly.

Well now.. time for a Chivas Regal.

Edited by NSWP

I recollect on Arcadia 2012 World cruise, invited to a whisky tasting in the on board shop, tasted the Johnny Walker Blue, JW Green, Glenlivet etc, all complimentary, hush, hush, the shop manager was an Aussie. Don't tell the Poms he said. Lubberly Jubberly.

Well now.. time for a Chivas Regal.

Some very nice drops indeed.:D

If you ever want a change from ocean cruising, take a rail "cruise" on the Royal Scotsman. That has 50 whiskies on board, mostly single malts, and no extra charge for any of them. :D

Unfortunately my capacity for single malt is limited to one per night :( so I only tried four on our trip.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

We sailed on Carnival Spirit in February and tried the buffet a couple of times. There is no choice on port days as the main dining room does not open for lunch and the buffet is the only choice. We found the buffet confusing the first couple of visits as the food stations are scattered over a fairly large area there is no buffet line as such and you have to go to separate stations for entree, main course, sandwiches, Australian pies (which were very strange) grills, sweets etc etc. there was only one station for each type of food and finding the station was the hard part. The food was ok (except the pies) and was generally fresh and hot

There were people there in Swim suits and thongs and in some cases no singlet or shirt but we didn't see any "bogans". My idea of a bogan is an uncouth, bad mouthing lairising ratbag. There were plenty of rowdy kids running around but on Carnival you have to expect plenty of kids. The kids didn't worry us

We still preferred to use the MDR rather than the buffet but we enjoy fine dining, being waited on and Taking our time over our meal

Carnival have a strange meal arrangement on some days called "brunch"

The main dining room doesn't open until 9 am and has a combined breakfast

And lunch menu. It stays open from 0900 to about 1300 serving either breakfast and/or lunch items for the whole time

Although different, we enjoyed our time on "Spirit"

John

We sailed on Carnival Spirit in February and tried the buffet a couple of times. There is no choice on port days as the main dining room does not open for lunch and the buffet is the only choice. We found the buffet confusing the first couple of visits as the food stations are scattered over a fairly large area there is no buffet line as such and you have to go to separate stations for entree, main course, sandwiches, Australian pies (which were very strange) grills, sweets etc etc. there was only one station for each type of food and finding the station was the hard part. The food was ok (except the pies) and was generally fresh and hot

There were people there in Swim suits and thongs and in some cases no singlet or shirt but we didn't see any "bogans". My idea of a bogan is an uncouth, bad mouthing lairising ratbag. There were plenty of rowdy kids running around but on Carnival you have to expect plenty of kids. The kids didn't worry us

We still preferred to use the MDR rather than the buffet but we enjoy fine dining, being waited on and Taking our time over our meal

Carnival have a strange meal arrangement on some days called "brunch"

The main dining room doesn't open until 9 am and has a combined breakfast

And lunch menu. It stays open from 0900 to about 1300 serving either breakfast and/or lunch items for the whole time

Although different, we enjoyed our time on "Spirit"

John

G'day John

What was strange about the pies.

I love a "Good" pie [and Adelaide has some good ones] but never had a good one on a cruise.

G'day John

What was strange about the pies.

I love a "Good" pie [and Adelaide has some good ones] but never had a good one on a cruise.

Nothing "strange" about it at all :)

When Spirit was to come here , Carnival decided to Australianise it -- so how do they do that?? They asked an Aussie in the Company what Australians eat - and of course , he said PIES ( as if Australians are the only people in the World who eat pies - or have the Southern Cross in the skies above them) -- so PIES they put on the menu.. I didn't mind them - they reminded me of the little pies I make here at home in my piemaker !! :)

Barry

G'day Barry

Funny just last night I was having a Pie with spud peas and said to the bride, "Now this would go well on our cruise".

Cause see I'm really into fine dining.

Well -- I'm sorry to have to tell you that you can only get these pies in the Buffet - no fine dining on pies in the MDR for you!!! :)

Barry

Well -- I'm sorry to have to tell you that you can only get these pies in the Buffet - no fine dining on pies in the MDR for you!!! :)

Barry

You're kidding me no pies in MDR, suppose no hamburgers neither, :rolleyes::eek::(

On Princess, the pies in the dining room and "not pies as we know it". They are meat baked in a ceramic dish with a pastry lid. Really nice, but not the usual pie. At the grill on the top deck (deck 14 overlooking the pool) there are real Aussie pies - Mrs Mac pies that they heat and serve with chips. Great for a quick lunch. They also do kebabs (good) and hamburgers, but someone should show them how to make a real Aussie hamburger with 'the lot'.

On Princess, the pies in the dining room and "not pies as we know it". They are meat baked in a ceramic dish with a pastry lid. Really nice, but not the usual pie. At the grill on the top deck (deck 14 overlooking the pool) there are real Aussie pies - Mrs Mac pies that they heat and serve with chips. Great for a quick lunch. They also do kebabs (good) and hamburgers, but someone should show them how to make a real Aussie hamburger with 'the lot'.

Yes, beetroot, pineapple, egg, bacon, salad, cheese, everything included.:D

Yes I had heard that some Princess ships were doing Mrs Mac's. I cheat with the hamburger and grab a plate of salad, including Beetroot, and some sauces, from the Buffet and then turn their poor excuse for a hamburger into something resembling the real thing.

One line was offering Harry's pies at one stage.

Edited by GUT2407

The pies we got in the Spirit buffet were more like the English pork pies but were supposed to be chicken. They were the same shape as the "pork pies" but smaller with too much pastry and a tiny bit of chicken in them. We didn't likethem at all. "Australian Meat Pies" were supposed to be on the menu but this is all they had. There were "Aussie BBQ snags as well but they tasted like frankfurts. It seemed to us that Carnival just hadn't got it right just yet for the Aussie taste

John

The pies we got in the Spirit buffet were more like the English pork pies but were supposed to be chicken. They were the same shape as the "pork pies" but smaller with too much pastry and a tiny bit of chicken in them. We didn't likethem at all. "Australian Meat Pies" were supposed to be on the menu but this is all they had. There were "Aussie BBQ snags as well but they tasted like frankfurts. It seemed to us that Carnival just hadn't got it right just yet for the Aussie taste

John

I'm not sure that I want Aussie food.

And that from a bloke who loves a pie and sauce and a snag Sanger.