Grand Cayman suggestions?

alyssa0922

It will be our first time in GC, would you suggest the turtle farm or 7 mile beach? Our party is 6 adults and a 15 month old. The baby does love animals so she may be interested in the turtle farm...? however she wouldn't know if she was missing anything if we just did a beach day. Any advice is much appreciated!

I posted in the GC forum, but wanted all of your expert takes on it as well! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It will be our first time in GC, would you suggest the turtle farm or 7 mile beach? Our party is 6 adults and a 15 month old. The baby does love animals so she may be interested in the turtle farm...? however she wouldn't know if she was missing anything if we just did a beach day. Any advice is much appreciated!

I posted in the GC forum, but wanted all of your expert takes on it as well! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

i did the turtle farm excursion with my son a few years ago on RCL. My son was 10 at the time and he loved it. He was able to get in the water with the baby sea turtles and play with them. It's a very nice facility, staff is wonderful and very knowledgeable.

That being said, I'm not sure a 15 month old wouldn't be too young to really enjoy it. I think that's something you need to decide since you know your child best.

Just my two cents' worth. :-)

Having had three children, for a 15 month old I would suggest a day at the beach. A 15 month old isn't going to really appreciate the turtle farm and would be happy just to play in the sand.

Stingray City. Last time we were there was a tyke no older than the one you have.

You might think she stayed with an adult on the boat...and she did, most of the time. But conditions were such that her dad took her into the water. She was laughing and playing...it was delightful to watch.

I'd do the beach day if the adults are happy with that. Surely the little one will be happy no matter where. Sting Ray City would be nice. But I wouldn't do it especially to please that young a child.

Stick to the beach, gather up a bunch of sand toys and you'll be fine. It is much less crowded if you walk away from the public beach clubs. You do not need any kind of excursion. Cabs will take you to any spot you'd like. Go to the G C. ports of call board for spots nice for kids.

Having had three children, for a 15 month old I would suggest a day at the beach. A 15 month old isn't going to really appreciate the turtle farm and would be happy just to play in the sand.

Agree with the above! Wait and go to the turtle farm on another trip to Grand Cayman when the child is older. Much more fun now to just play in the sand and more enjoyable for the adults as well! :D

LuLu

There are a ton of taxi's there that will hold 6. We went to the beach after Sting Ray city. The kids loved both, but they were older (7/12 years old). The beach water is like bath tub water it is so warm. Have to say, it was the most beautiful beach I have seen in the Caribbean.:)

Something else, for the adults, is the submarine excursion with Atlantis Adventures. I did this excursion several years ago and had a very enjoyable time. I don't remember how far under water we went, but we got to see all kinds of sea life and a few sunken ships, and the water is so clear it's amazing.

Edited by Treven

7 mile beach is a beautiful beach no matter if you are in a hotel complex or at the public beach....You can get a taxi to the public beach and it is one of the prettiest parts of the beach....That would be even cheaper....water is not deep...My husband's family is from GC and we brought our toddlers to the beach frequently....On Friday evenings, it can be noisy...also on Sat and Sunday as everyone on the island goes there to hang out....Lots of local kids too.

We took my 15 mo DD to the turtle farm last month and she loved it. I was surprised how much she was interested by it actually. I agree there's more for them to do when they're older though. Mine was quite content to look and point and run back and forth on the platform. My kid hates sand though...