Diamond Internet Perk

phtktz3

On previous cruises we received the coupon book ( Diamond Members) for I think it was 90 minutes of free Internet. I always took my coupon to the Guest Relations and had it applied to my Seapass account.

Now I understand the coupons are loaded onto Seapass cards so how does that work with the Internet perk?

We are sailing on Freedom next week.

On previous cruises we received the coupon book ( Diamond Members) for I think it was 90 minutes of free Internet. I always took my coupon to the Guest Relations and had it applied to my Seapass account.

Now I understand the coupons are loaded onto Seapass cards so how does that work with the Internet perk?

The system automatically gives you the option to use your coupon minutes when you sign in.

Diamond members have been receiving 30 minutes per person. Now (at least on the cruise I was on) you have to sign in either with your own device or ships internet terminals. You have to choose the 60 minute selection for $29.95. After you do that, you can go to guest relations and get it credited.

Diamond members have been receiving 30 minutes per person. Now (at least on the cruise I was on) you have to sign in either with your own device or ships internet terminals. You have to choose the 60 minute selection for $29.95. After you do that, you can go to guest relations and get it credited.

When you choose the 60-minute ($29.95) option, you put in your folio number, and it credits automatically. No need to go down to guest services any more.

Sorry...but I hated the new non-swipe sign on process I recently experienced on JOS...the SeaPass swipe much more (at least to me )user friendly...and I wasn't the only one that thought so on my cruise...lot's of complaining onboard :(

Guest maddycat
Sorry...but I hated the new non-swipe sign on process I recently experienced on JOS...the SeaPass swipe much more (at least to me )user friendly...and I wasn't the only one that thought so on my cruise...lot's of complaining onboard :(

What didn't you like about the new non-swipe sign on process? How was it different from the old seapass?

Guest maddycat
When you choose the 60-minute ($29.95) option, you put in your folio number, and it credits automatically. No need to go down to guest services any more.

So, if I understand correctly, we now get 60 minutes free internet time instead of 30?

Diamond and Diamond Plus now get 60 minutes. You go online create an account and select the 60 minutes package for $29.99. When selecting that option there should be a dialog box to "apply coupon". Click the apply coupon and proceed, it should show a zero balance. You are now logged on and your 60 minutes has started. Make sure you log off properly. If you have any doubt you are logged off just type logoff.com and hit enter.

It's 60 minutes for D+. I was on the Explorer in Sept. Never got to use it, because the computers were so slow, I could never get connected. I was on it about 15 min. and never got through. What a waste......:mad: Hopefully it will be better on my Grandeur cruise, but not counting on it.

Gwen :)

Guest maddycat
Diamond and Diamond Plus now get 60 minutes. You go online create an account and select the 60 minutes package for $29.99. When selecting that option there should be a dialog box to "apply coupon". Click the apply coupon and proceed, it should show a zero balance. You are now logged on and your 60 minutes has started. Make sure you log off properly. If you have any doubt you are logged off just type logoff.com and hit enter.

Thank you for the excellent, clear explanation.

Just see the Diamond Concierge on board.

Thanks a bunch!!

Hi,

thank you for detailed procedure.

Question: if two D guests are in the same cabin ( each person got the D on its own) and only one wants to use the internet, can they share / transfer the minutes to the one D that will use the internet ...... I am not sure if the folio number is the same for both .

Hi,

Question: if two D guests are in the same cabin ( each person got the D on its own) and only one wants to use the internet, can they share / transfer the minutes to the one D that will use the internet ...... I am not sure if the folio number is the same for both .

We were on Freedom of the Seas in May and as long as only one device is logged on at a time, you can share the minutes. What we did was activate one credit on my card and the other one on my wife's card. Then we shared my 60 minutes until we used them up, and then shared hers until they were gone. (We didn't quite use up all of hers :) )

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi,

Each guest has their own unique folio number. I don't know if you can combine minutes, but it's not a big deal to use both sets of minutes. When the first set runs out, just enter the second folio number and that guest's info, pick a different username/password, and use that username for the second set of minutes.

So, you suggest to use one D's credit first and then use the other D's credit ?

Only one D will be using the internet - the other one has no interest in it at all (wife)

On previous cruises we just went to GS and ask if the y could put the minutes of both D on one person acc / credit - and they did.

Edited by wieslaw

So, you suggest to use one D's credit first and then use the other D's credit ?

Only one D will be using the internet - the other one has no interest in it at all (wife)

On previous cruises we just went to GS and ask if the y could put the minutes of both D on one person acc / credit - and they did.

I've also done the combining minutes before with the old system. Give it a try, they might accommodate you. All I was saying is that you don't have to go to GS if you don't want to. Just create a new username/password with the second guest's info and use it when the first 60 minutes runs out.

Edited by clarea

Thanks clarea.

It is a little more convenient to have one larger block of minutes than two smaller blocks.

If one is doing something and the internet is slow and I am approching the limit in the first block ( the 30 as it used to be or the new 60) and something is loading but not done yet .....I might have to quit and start all over again with the new minutes ...... if the block of minutes is larger - I would have just continued.

Edited by wieslaw

There is also a 20% discount or flat rate. If you are going for one of the bigger plans it makes more sense to get the 20% off. However, the system wants to give you the flat rate. We had to call down several times for them to sort it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just to be clear:

People are reporting two different experiences.

This is the deal:

The system is SUPPOSED TO credit the $29.95/60 minutes automatically.

SOMETIMES the system isn't working. THEN it tells you to go to Guest Services to get your credit.

Make sense?

:)

By the way...........

because of this, I had an interesting experience. I got the message that I had to go to GS and get my credit. I used the internet, went to GS, they put a $29.95 credit on my SeaPass account, which cancelled out the $29.95 that the computer had placed there.

When I signed on again later, the system was working. And it gave me my automatic credit, because as far as it was concerned, I hadn't used it yet.

:D :D :D