"Something BIG"

cjnix29

Can I use that sale if I booked early saver? Or is that downgrading??:confused:

I price-matched the 30 hour sale last week. I had to give up my 8C balcony and I'm in the GTY pool. The agent who did it for me said they're currently allowing ES customers to price match GTY sales (not P&G or Super Saver). If you decide to try, when you submit the form make sure you stipulate in the notes that you're willing to give up your cabin and go into the GTY pool.

Seems to be some decent savings on holiday cruises for the 12-hour sale. I have a 4k booked on the Pride Thanksgiving week for 4 of us, now with the sale I am debating upgrading to a balcony guarantee for $132 more total. I have never sailed on Pride before, is it worth it to chance the balcony guarantee or stick with the 4K?

Its likely they'll give you an obstructed view balcony. Keep that in mind if you upgrade.

Kinda disappointing. I'm kicking around taking a cruise next month and right now I can get an inside cabin on Caribbean Princess (4 day) for $570 plus $200 obc. The gratuities can come out the $200 so out the door it's $570 plus $108 obc.

Comparing that to the 12 sale with Carnival, I can pay $432.82 for an inside cabin (5 day) plus the $120 for gratuities making the total out the door $552.84.

I wonder which one I'll book.....

That's a no brainer, pay $18 more for the $108 in OBC.

Ohhh but the extra day... hmmm that is a quandry.

Edited by Herbaltees

I hate this. I can't decide. I can rebook our balcony room that we picked to a guarantee and would gain $175.00 OBC... but then the room choice is out of our control...sigh....I would hate to be placed beneath the pool or something but that 175 would buy some drinks and stuff....pay the gratuities...rats what to do what to do....

I hate this. I can't decide. I can rebook our balcony room that we picked to a guarantee and would gain $175.00 OBC... but then the room choice is out of our control...sigh....I would hate to be placed beneath the pool or something but that 175 would buy some drinks and stuff....pay the gratuities...rats what to do what to do....

We took the OBC. We looked at all of the horrible places that we don't want to be and there weren't many cabins left in those locations (the system was showing 5-9, so we knew there weren't more in inventory). We're taking our chances--our last BAL GTY we ended up with an aft-extended view.

So if I'm booked in a guaranteed Oceanview room on the Carnival Sensation that sails October 26... Can I opt to change to this new special offer where Carnival selects the room for me at a reduced rate? Maybe get the difference in on board credit?

Hi, I'm on your cruise:D Unless there's another ad I'm missing, the inside rate is $6 more than 3 days ago. The OV is $4 less pp. I booked OV and picked my cabin.(3days ago)

Hi, I'm on your cruise:D Unless there's another ad I'm missing, the inside rate is $6 more than 3 days ago. The OV is $4 less pp. I booked OV and picked my cabin.(3days ago)

Hi Ruth! I remember you on the Roll Call forum :)

It would have been awesome to have some onboard credit but my husband just said he really loves the room location. We're on the E deck in an Oceanview right near the atrium bar. He likes the idea of getting a drink while I get ready for dinner with my glass of wine. See you in 17 days!

We took the OBC. We looked at all of the horrible places that we don't want to be and there weren't many cabins left in those locations (the system was showing 5-9, so we knew there weren't more in inventory). We're taking our chances--our last BAL GTY we ended up with an aft-extended view.

Am thinking that waiting to talk to DH for his thoughts....always wondered if u have a better change of being upgraded if u have guarantee status

That's a no brainer, pay $18 more for the $108 in OBC.

Ohhh but the extra day... hmmm that is a quandry.

Well the 5 day is to Key West and Cozumel vs. the 4 day to their private island. Seeing as we can just drive down to Key West it's kinda a wash.

Edit: I just went and double checked and it's a 4 day with Carnival as well. So pay $18 more and get $108 OBC for the same length of cruise on Princess.

Edited by Cristallo

it's just the 12 hour sale, no big announcement. Typical Carnival.

Cabin sellout. Big whoop. What they don't sell they'll give away again. Hard to believe they still can't sell out these ships at rock bottom prices, OBC, and all the other gimmicks.

I booked my October 26,14 cruise on the Conquest with the early saver rate in June but last month the cruise rate went down so I was able to get an OBC of $249.00 for that sailing. Early Saver gets the bests cruise rates and is price protected.

Gary

Cabin sellout. Big whoop. What they don't sell they'll give away again. Hard to believe they still can't sell out these ships at rock bottom prices, OBC, and all the other gimmicks.

I believe the problem is the airfare. We have a lot of cabins booked for our upcoming family trip and the airfare is more than the cost of the cruise.

People who want to join us are skeptical because of the cost of getting to the port.

I believe the problem is the airfare. We have a lot of cabins booked for our upcoming family trip and the airfare is more than the cost of the cruise.

People who want to join us are skeptical because of the cost of getting to the port.

That happened twice to me, but when I sailed out on Puerto Rico. Then it affected the Europe cruises, as the air was sometimes twice as much as passage.

Now it's hitting the states. The ones benefitting are those local to port. We may see a return to the fly aweigh program if this keeps up, just to mask the true fare over the unsuspecting. I should copyright that.

You are correct about the airfare. I an from CT but the airfare to FLL airport for a cruise from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale is not bad but from Ct to Hobby or N.O. is expensive.

Gary

Edited by Shipbound

So I just did a mock booking and found out I could save almost 500 dollars off of our December Sunshine cruise.

Waiting for our PVP to call us back to see if we can keep the rooms we are currently in (Already paid in full) and just change to this new 12 hour sale rate.

It seems only if you are willing to give up your booking and book a "guarantee" can you get the really good prices.

Carnival certainly knows what they are doing by disallowing anyone who booked Early Saver to qualify for the price drop. They get the early bookings and we get nothing.

While I do understand it's just business it does kind of sours me on bothering with ES saver again.