"Something BIG"

cjnix29

They must be really desperate because this is the third "sink the rates" GTY sale they've had for Fall cruises this month. Our prices didn't go down, but it appears that a lot of them did. If anyone's looking to get away for Thanksgiving you can hop the Freedom for $219pp int or $390 for a balcony.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

I got the email also and came on here to see if there are any "answers/info", reading quickly through the thread.

Crazy----I read yours way too quickly because I saw "12 yr sale" instead of 12 hr. Whaaaat? I could just see me booking a bunch of cruises for dates through the next 12 years! Glad I re-read! :eek:

12 year sale? Yeah that'd be great!

They must be really desperate because this is the third "sink the rates" GTY sale they've had for Fall cruises this month. Our prices didn't go down, but it appears that a lot of them did. If anyone's looking to get away for Thanksgiving you can hop the Freedom for $219pp int or $390 for a balcony.

good price.

I have never seen prices this low. For example, November 15, Glory, Eastern Caribbean: $196 int; $245 OV; $350 Bal.

I am never booking early again, even the Thanksgiving week cruise on Glory can be had for $210 interior.

The thing is...just 2 weeks ago they had a sale for that exact cruise for $180pp inside. So, their last cruise was cheaper...it was Sail for $30pp per day. I was thinking about it but Princess is doing even cheaper than that.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Off of Carnival's booking site...

Rates may vary by ship, stateroom type and sail date. Offer is capacity controlled and category restrictions and exclusions apply. Offer is applicable on select sailings between October 2014 – January 2015. Offer is applicable in guarantee categories IS/OV/BL only. Carnival will assign the stateroom at a later time. Cancellation penalties apply. Offer does not apply to Carnival Australia sailings. Offer is applicable on new bookings made between 12:00 PM EST on October 9, 2014 and 12:00 AM EST on October 10, 2014. When choosing a guarantee stateroom, there is a possibility the stateroom's view may be obstructed.

Edited by Spudder

Kinda disappointing. I'm kicking around taking a cruise next month and right now I can get an inside cabin on Caribbean Princess (4 day) for $570 plus $200 obc. The gratuities can come out the $200 so out the door it's $570 plus $108 obc.

Comparing that to the 12 sale with Carnival, I can pay $432.82 for an inside cabin (5 day) plus the $120 for gratuities making the total out the door $552.84.

I wonder which one I'll book.....

Seems to be some decent savings on holiday cruises for the 12-hour sale. I have a 4k booked on the Pride Thanksgiving week for 4 of us, now with the sale I am debating upgrading to a balcony guarantee for $132 more total. I have never sailed on Pride before, is it worth it to chance the balcony guarantee or stick with the 4K?

Can I use that sale if I booked early saver? Or is that downgrading??:confused:

The is a GTY sale, where Carnival gets to pick your room. The price matching of ES doesn't work except to upgrade to GTY in a higher class than you have booked now.