Private cocktail party question

Stickman505

We will be on Marina starting in Tahiti. We have an aft-facing Oceania Suite. We want to host a cocktail party for 8 new friends. We are planing on watching a beautiful tropical island fade into dusk as the sun sets. After the party we will all be attending a Privėe Diner.

Because of the quantity of food that will be served in Privėe we are hesitant to serve heavy hors d'oeuvres at the pre-dinner party. One suggestion we've received is for everyone to bring a cheese plater ordered from their individual room service attendant. Would appreciate advice from anyone that has had to face a similar such dire situation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agreed! A cheese platter is more than enough - unless you want to spoil the appetites of your guests!!

And rather than asking them to bring their own goodies, I would suggest asking your butler to set up a platter and bring it to your suite at whatever time you suggest.....

We will be on Marina starting in Tahiti. We have an aft-facing Oceania Suite. We want to host a cocktail party for 8 new friends. We are planing on watching a beautiful tropical island fade into dusk as the sun sets. After the party we will all be attending a Privėe Diner.

Because of the quantity of food that will be served in Privėe we are hesitant to serve heavy hors d'oeuvres at the pre-dinner party. One suggestion we've received is for everyone to bring a cheese plater ordered from their individual room service attendant. Would appreciate advice from anyone that has had to face a similar such dire situation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have done several cocktail parties in our cabin.

The butler will take care of it for you.

You really don't need much in the way of food. Chips, dip, snacks, maybe an appetizer or two.

I can tell from our experience most of the food goes pretty much untouched.

When do I get my invitation?? LOL

I agree about not overdoing the food at a pre-dinner cocktail party, but those bacchanalian feasts in Privée are a thing of the past.

052620.jpg

These days, "Each guest may select any number of courses from Polo Grill, Toscana or a combination of both", so it's really no different than dinner in a Specialty restaurant, except for the fun of the mixing and matching.