Hurricane not enough for refund under Princess Travel Insurance, cruise credit only

RDC1

I've purchased the Princess insurance for the generous cancel-for-any-reason portion of the policy, and backed it up with a Travel*#@%& policy for the higher medical limits and pre-existing conditions waiver if purchased promptly after booking.

I have done Princess insurance only on a 4-nighter staying close to home, but do think their medical limits are way too low for international travel if your primary medical insurance doesn't provide coverage outside the US.

I definitely agree with Pam in CA about MedJet Assist. Great product!

It would make sense for Alaska/Hawaii/Canada NE/Pacific coastal cruises. I agree to do it where your normal insurance covers you.

I usually buy Allianz. We have traveled with a Seeing Eye dog and I was often worried if she got sick, we wouldn't be covered to cancel. So I would often buy it for the cancel for any reason at times. Then Allianz came out with a policy that covers if Service dogs got sick so then I stopped taking Princess's insurance.

Edited by Coral

RDC1,

Given your Tahiti flight leaves HNL only once a week, I take it that you are flying on Hawaiian Air. See the link below. Should your flight be cancelled, may be they can reroute you to LAX since Hawaiian flies there and connect you with another flight to Tahiti. As of 1:30 pm Honolulu time, Hawaiian hasn't mentioned which flights they are cancelling; however, you can insure it will be those to the neighbor islands get cancelled first.

http://khon2.com/2014/10/15/hawaiian-airlines-waiving-fees-for-flight-changes-due-to-ana/

RDC1,

Given your Tahiti flight leaves HNL only once a week, I take it that you are flying on Hawaiian Air. See the link below. Should your flight be cancelled, may be they can reroute you to LAX since Hawaiian flies there and connect you with another flight to Tahiti. As of 1:30 pm Honolulu time, Hawaiian hasn't mentioned which flights they are cancelling; however, you can insure it will be those to the neighbor islands get cancelled first.

http://khon2.com/2014/10/15/hawaiian-airlines-waiving-fees-for-flight-changes-due-to-ana/

Tried that. They consider it to be a different route and the fare difference would be more then the cost of the cruise.

Thanks for trying though.

Keep checking with the airline - the latest projections are much better, show only the very southwestern edge of Kauai being affected at all. Here's a link to the latest maps:

http://www.prh.noaa.gov/cphc/tc_graphics/2014/graphics/CP022014W.gif

Yes it is looking better. The storm is tracking further south than before. If it stays south then we have a good shot. We will still be getting some weather, but hopefully the planes will still fly.

Yes it is looking better. The storm is tracking further south than before. If it stays south then we have a good shot. We will still be getting some weather, but hopefully the planes will still fly.

I'm watching live streaming news from Honolulu & Ana's forecasted track continues to move further south. NCL has gone back to their original schedule for today sailing along the Na Pali coast before arriving as scheduled in Honolulu tonight.

Currently the only flight cancellations are Island Air flights which may be rescheduled & currently no other flight cancelations on other airlines.

Edited by Astro Flyer

The mayor of Honolulu was just on tv. He said that they expecting to do an emergency declarion during this time. However because the storm has gone further south they are not doing so and now expect normal services throughout the weekend.

Looks like we will make it to Tahiti after all.

The mayor of Honolulu was just on tv. He said that they expecting to do an emergency declarion during this time. However because the storm has gone further south they are not doing so and now expect normal services throughout the weekend.

That's great news. Enjoy Tahiti, I know you will. It's magical.

Awesome news. Enjoy every minute

Glad that it worked out okay. Enjoy your trip!