classic beverage option ?'s

amscene1

It's not so much the drink name as the BRAND of liquor it's made with. For example you can order a margarita with classic package brand Tequila liquors, premium brand Tequila liquors or above premium brand Tequila liquors. So what's the difficulty? Easy Peasy.

Same holds true for any of the other drinks you named and most you didn't. ;)

Looks like nuttin has changed thru the course of the day. Except a few more need a list of what is in a margarita.

Oh, Steve, I missed a spot, and well, never mind:D

Looks like nuttin has changed thru the course of the day. Except a few more need a list of what is in a margarita.

Oh, Steve, I missed a spot, and well, never mind:D

Sure did take you a LONG time to finish the lawn. What'd ya do, stop for a classic drink or two? lol

I've been thinking, the people that are having such difficulty with the Celebrity drink package should just go ahead and book the cruise lines that include all types of liquor drinks with their expensive cruise fare. That will solve their problem of what brands to drink.

and Zeniths, where do we go for the good ones? We'll be on the Silhouette in December.:confused:

What has been reported is that they added them to Cellar Masters till the remodel of the remaining ships is done. A few reported they spread them out, a few at each bar on the ship.

"In Vegas, you want a good seat at a show a "tip" gets you one. No different."

This is one of those interesting flip comments. One our last trip to Vegas we had a certain level of loyalty to our hotel. We received, without bribery" everything that was expected and in fact more.

A careful review of many posts here seems to reveal.

1. Comments such as "I am not a brand person" when someone advises that promised brand names were not available. broadly this is acceptance that lies can be told about benefits.

2. The Vegas broadly shows that point 1 is supported by an indication that you can buy your way into anywhere on Celebrity regardless of what is advised promoted or declared as specific benefits by celebrity and its loyalty package. In fact itseems that bribery (gross over tipping) puts you ahead of the game.

3. In my simple country this is against the law.

4. It is also advised that employees are paid in board and keep plus a stipend rather than a real wage and rely on tipe to survive. Well there is a gratuities advice that we always pay and a 15% surcharge on drinks to help alleviate that and if you believe that a hot tip for the first round of drinks is helping their cause then you are sadly mistaken. It is imbedded practice and you become part of the perceived scam by doing it.

Your first comment, you admit to the "bribery" process except you called it "loyalty". Same thing.

In the beginning, you appear a tad high maintenance. That's OK as everyone expects a different level of service. Whether one portrays the practices you complain about or not they occur. I plan on going on my next cruise not worrying about things beyond my control as if one bar is busy, I'll go to another.

I'm sure I'll get plenty of drinks.

Have a good evening all, R

This has become an interesting exercise, at least for us.

1. A list was known by Celebrity and provided subject to various changes at some change. It might also be remembered at that time that changes were being made. A simple request from us to Celebrity about whether a list would be available or not and agreed to by Celebrity was not met. From correspondence here that is apparently not Celebrity's fault but their call centres. Hmmm

2. It is suggested in the replies that such a list would be good even for the staff who may not know. This was an excellent suggestion because the crew did not know. I ordered a beer on boarding advised the package, took the suggestion of the waiter and was promptly advised when the drink came that it was over the package limit but I would not be charged for it because the waiter had made the mistake. It was a Red Stripe.

3. It is suggested that a list would be too extensive to change every cruise and yet with a clearly defined master list the time to alter would be rather short and the number of pages that need to be printed would not be large (given what else is printed on the ship). The promised list did not appear.

4. Night 2 saw a charge on our account for wine ordered despite the wine being in the package as advised (happened another night as well) This was not a mistake by the waiter it was a direct a malicious attempt at overcharging by the same waiter both times.

5. My advising that we are no sheep has been turned into that I called everyone else sheep. Well play it as you see it. If you need to confide in the local barkeep enough to allow him to make your selections in beverages then that's okay by me but your suggestion that we should do the same is not accepted. A bar keep is not our muse.

6. Rounding a bar appears to be acceptable practice so I guess we were out of place and time. Buying your way to the head of the line is acceptable practice it appears. Silly us we thought normal serving behaviour would apply.

Broadly, perhaps, what has happened is that with 123Go packages the demographics of the membership of cruise parties on Celebrity has dramatically changed, Celebrity has in a de facto way recognised this but has been unable to bridge the gap between both ends of what is now a much wider spectrum of clients than it had before. We were, as new guests, on the wrong end of the changing spectrum.

If those who charge me as being a whiner would care to read my previous two reviews about the experiences on the Radiance then perhaps a slightly deeper thought would have been put into the comment. But there are of course on these type of boards 'defenders of the faith" no matter what happens to anyone on a cruise. this comment on the drinks package is one of a number of many strangely disturbing happenings on this cruise. At least disturbing because the happenings seemed so much out of character to what is written on this very board in various places. So seeking advise from these boards rather gave a skewed version of the current truth.

As a number of staff said about the cruise, independently and privately "There are a lot of bad people on this ship and we are told to keep them happy first."

and Zeniths, where do we go for the good ones? We'll be on the Silhouette in December.:confused:

We were on Reflection in July 2014 and DH enjoys craft beers. The craft beers are available on menu in cellar masters. They were in refrigerated cabinets there, so could be browsed.

We were on Constellation end of March 2014 when they closed Michael's before opening as suite club. DH was upset as he was looking forward to Michael's and the craft beer selection.

After putting in a comments card at guest relations and asking why we can't find craft beers. We found the craft beers were moved to cellar masters, but weren't entered in the POS systems yet, so couldn't be purchased. DH saw the food and beverage head the next morning and that afternoon, everything was setup in Cellar Masters. DH was happy!

So Celebrity is serious when they say - let us know now if there's anything we can do to make your cruise better.

Quote...karanadowns...

"If those who charge me as being a whiner"...

4. Night 2 saw a charge on our account for wine ordered despite the wine being in the package as advised (happened another night as well) This was not a mistake by the waiter it was a direct a malicious attempt at overcharging by the same waiter both times.

Perhaps making statements like the above contributes to some of the responses that you've received.

My husband and I, though having travelled through much of North America and the Caribbean through many resorts and several cruises have not had the opportunity of going to 3 star Michelin restaurants, we consider ourselves both considerably well travelled and "reasonably easy to please". My only suggestion would be that if you are accustomed to such travel and enjoyment as 3 star Michelin restaurants, than paying an upcharge or service charge of $2 or $3 more per drink shouldn't be the deal breaker. While we have signed up for a premium drink package on our upcoming Celebrity Silhouette Cruise (the extra $150 US for the week is very much worth not getting uptight about what is/isn't included in the package). Our rule will be $13 and under is included--over that, we're paying--not a big deal and CERTAINLY not something that we see as impeding upon the enjoyment of our cruise. And oh, by the way, we may or may not be one of the people giving extra tips. It will be completely dependent upon the service that we receive and if we feel that our drinks warrant over and above the 15% that is charged to our drinks. (thanks for listening (or reading!) to my input...I don't normally contribute much (although I read and gain from so much!), but for some reason felt compelled to say something this time around).

Oh sigh, the quality of the package was NOT the problem please reread what was said. The refusal of the ship to provide details as promised and the overcharges for no reason were the problem.

In a simple comparison between the Radiance (an RCI group ship) under a great captain and a very smart and well drilled crew (lower rated ship than the Equinox) and the Equinox found the Equinox was still a 5.5 star ship still had many great features but as a package that is an overall package for a cruise the package fell far short of what the Radiance offered twice. Now the comments on the drinks package was one part of a series of disappointments and short fallings when a genuine comparison was was made between an apparently lower rated ship and the Equinox. So keep defending Celebrity, it really makes no mind to me. The ships have a different label but are from the same overall stable so there is no malice in my statements. If people here (or the vocal ones) are prepared to accept an apparent lowering of overall standard that is fine, just don't round on those who wish to point it out.

Oh sigh, the quality of the package was NOT the problem please reread what was said. The refusal of the ship to provide details as promised and the overcharges for no reason were the problem.

In a simple comparison between the Radiance (an RCI group ship) under a great captain and a very smart and well drilled crew (lower rated ship than the Equinox) and the Equinox found the Equinox was still a 5.5 star ship still had many great features but as a package that is an overall package for a cruise the package fell far short of what the Radiance offered twice. Now the comments on the drinks package was one part of a series of disappointments and short fallings when a genuine comparison was was made between an apparently lower rated ship and the Equinox. So keep defending Celebrity, it really makes no mind to me. The ships have a different label but are from the same overall stable so there is no malice in my statements. If people here (or the vocal ones) are prepared to accept an apparent lowering of overall standard that is fine, just don't round on those who wish to point it out.

Listen I understand your confusion / frustration over the slight of hand (who would not)

Personally, I would have taken the Celebrity Official Beverage List (that names namebrands) to Guest Services to complain about anything I felt I was overcharged for

As per your posts...

You wanted a San Miguel Beer, which is on the Official Celebrity Beverage Pkg (Classic List) = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=314388&d=1401303537

I am sure that common sense would have prevailed... If you had taken this up with Guest Services

As it has when we have on occasion run into issues regarding what we have seen as incorrect charges on our SeaPass Account

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Oh sigh, after sailing on RCCL since 1990 and X since 1994, I guess we shall forever remain mindless sheep waiting for the Shepard to lead us to, to, wait:eek: thru this thread we have been shown the path to enlightenment.

Cool! Thank you for your care for the rest of us that have no sense but to shuffle along with the uninformed and uneducated.

These forums at Cruise Critic are so helpful! After 25+ years of cruises and 10+ years on CC, I learn something of benefit every day.

Out of the last 12 comments on Cruise Citic boards 3 rate Equinox at 2 stars or less. Put us in the group and that would make 4 from 13 on recent cruises. Not the greatest of reviews for a such a high vaunted ship. Quick run out and organise some good ones to balance things up a little.

Sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree with you on this element, and agree with the OP

Celebrity very much has a Wine List with 100s of Bottles of Wines on it (it is a book). Same list / book that I typed up here on CC following my first Celebrity Cruise in 2012, and am planning to do an update to in early 2015

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1566983

Now if you are talking By The Glass...

Then I agree the list is limited (although printed in the front of the Wine Book) especially so if one has the Classic vs Premium Pkg

Yes, I am talking about the by the glass options, as those are what are covered by the package.

Out of the last 12 comments on Cruise Citic boards 3 rate Equinox at 2 stars or less. Put us in the group and that would make 4 from 13 on recent cruises. Not the greatest of reviews for a such a high vaunted ship. Quick run out and organise some good ones to balance things up a little.

Now you are really getting bizzare with your comments. Of course you are in entitled to your opinion of your cruise experience as it was your experience and you should share it. You may want to go to the review section of CC to get some real facts. Of the last 25 Equinox reviews posted only 3 were rated a 2 or less while 21 were rated 4 or better. (14 were 5 or higher)

As many have stated you were either given some bad information or misunderstood what you were told concerning a complete list of all beers under $6 and all drink combinations under the $8 classic drink limits. IMO it would be impossible and I am not sure any ship or any land side lounge would ever have such a list. Too many bars and too many possible combinations for this to be possible. The list that Celebrity provided with the main brand should be more than enough.

I am truly sorry to hear that your expectations were not met in this regard and that it appears to have adversely affected your overall experience. An upgrade for $11.50 per day per person would have made a big difference for you. Also I frequently find menus with prices in the various bars on Celebrity ships, but each menu is different.

given your comments on this thread I would suggest you upgrade to the premium or try another cruise line. The drink package on Princess would be easier for you to manage because they only have one alcohol level and almost all drinks are covered.

Good luck.

Disgruntled from Brisbane....time to lie down, and give it all a rest!!;)

This has become an interesting exercise, at least for us.

2. It is suggested in the replies that such a list would be good even for the staff who may not know. This was an excellent suggestion because the crew did not know. I ordered a beer on boarding advised the package, took the suggestion of the waiter and was promptly advised when the drink came that it was over the package limit but I would not be charged for it because the waiter had made the mistake. It was a Red Stripe.

My problem is, after research and knowing what I bought, a Red Stripe is over the $6 limit for beer. Thus, I would have known that and not ordered. No excuse for the waiter but there has to be confusion between Premium and Classic. Accordingly, X should make it one package and avoid the ongoing brain damage.

Again, something easy made hard:)

No thanks...

We enjoy the Premium just as it is. :D

And have had no issues figuring it out or using it once on the ships (as it seems most Premium purchasers report as well)

Do not need or want a "watered down version" of Premium

Not sure who that would actually satisfy... Cause at the other end of the teeter totter the Classic folks would no doubt find themselves paying more

Resulting in more (not less) people being dissatisfied with the Bevvy Pkgs :rolleyes:

Cheers!

No thanks...

We enjoy the Premium just as it is. :D

And have had no issues figuring it out or using it once on the ships (as it seems most Premium purchasers report as well)

Do not need or want a "watered down version" of Premium

Not sure who that would actually satisfy... Cause at the other end of the teeter totter the Classic folks would no doubt find themselves paying more

Resulting in more (not less) people being dissatisfied with the Bevvy Pkgs :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Completely agree...I think it provides a happy medium for both. We (my DH and I) for one, find it must more convenient to upgrade to the premium package (primarily because of wine and martinis), but not everyone would feel that way if they prefer to purchase entirely beer or some lower priced cocktails (and therefore SHOULD be able to purchase a lesser priced package).

if it was so "easy peasy" why are there so many threads on CC asking for clarification about what is in the classic package?

Now that is the question that has stumped and made many many sensible members go, HUH:confused: some things just have no way to be explained, this is on that list. Thousands that sail every week, that have no problem's, and return with wonderful memories.

Now that is the question that has stumped and made many many sensible members go, HUH:confused: some things just have no way to be explained, this is on that list. Thousands that sail every week, that have no problem's, and return with wonderful memories.

Or, the very large number of sensible members who are asking the question are doing so because the Celebrity could do a better job explaining the policy

berryberry

if it was so "easy peasy" why are there so many threads on CC asking for clarification about what is in the classic package? [/Quote]

Or, the very large number of sensible members who are asking the question are doing so because the Celebrity could do a better job explaining the policy

I think it boils down to a couple things:

1- People are just naturally curious / planners... And in so much as Celebrity offering so many Bevvy Promos, people just want to know EXACTLY what they have got for free (call it preCruise Anticipation)

2- Celebrity Used to list Brandnames on their website (well actually they showed a collage of alcohol bottles) then somewhere around the last price increase in Bevvy Pkgs ( May 2014 ) they got rid of that feature*.... So now people truly don't know what Classic or Premium entails. Some wait until they are onboard to discover, but those who are CC Members tend to research / ask here

* I believe that Celebrity did this on purpose cause at the time they truly figured they could make changes as per their perogative (fine print in the Pkgs) and perhaps no one would notice. Ah but CC Members did and balked (hey this used to be Classic now it s Premium). So after that Celebrity published their Official Fleetwide Lists, which appear here c/o CC Member CELEBRITY CRUISES - Official Rep:

Official Celebrity Beverage Pkgs (Classic & Premium Lists) = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048745

Mind you the fine print clearly states there are no Guarantees... And availability, pricing etc can change at any time. Availability world wide has certainly been an issue at times on some cruises, plenty of posts on that topic (hey, they did not have my fave beer, wine, spirit)

But personally, I think the lists are great, definitely more info / clarity

Guessing tho that Celebrity has not published them on their website cause they don't see a need to... And don't want to create a situation where potentially even more folks might complain about availability

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I think that a big problem for all cruise companies must be the issue of supply in different parts of the world, making putting a detailed list on their website a problem, as if there aren't enough problems with the site anyway.

Well the classic package as such was fine for our taste just poor form that celebrity were unable to provide even a general advice list for the package on the ship as promised (oh and as re advised two days ago in several countries when the question was asked again yes we provide lists on board for each package).

Cruising again? Well we discovered apartment hotels on the trip and connected a few dots and did a little research and currently think that is the way to go for us in future. At least there when you have late night parties happening next door and spitting over the balcony from next door to greet you each morning you can move on.

As I said before great ship, great food but the corner cutters took their toll on us. Given what we have learned in the last few days we could do the same I guess but its not us.

Well the classic package as such was fine for our taste just poor form that celebrity were unable to provide even a general advice list for the package on the ship as promised (oh and as re advised two days ago in several countries when the question was asked again yes we provide lists on board for each package).

Cruising again? Well we discovered apartment hotels on the trip and connected a few dots and did a little research and currently think that is the way to go for us in future. At least there when you have late night parties happening next door and spitting over the balcony from next door to greet you each morning you can move on.

As I said before great ship, great food but the corner cutters took their toll on us. Given what we have learned in the last few days we could do the same I guess but its not us.

Lucky for the apartment hotels I guess--

Hmmm yes it should be simple but show me a bar list that shows ALL the drinks available rather than a select few. Certainly these lists were not available of the Equinox. Four requests were made and all were refused. Unless of course, like many other things on this cruise, you apparently had to slip someone something extra to get what should be standard. Like service when it is your turn not behind someone who flashes a bit of cash as an upfront tip.

As a Aussie like karanadowns, I am embarrassed to read this. I have done 5 Celebrity cruises, just off the Equinox in September. I have never seen an example of someone "flashing cash" to get something extra or jump a queue. And I spent a lot of time going to order drinks, over 300 between the 2 of us on the last 12 night cruise.