Everything Labadee Cabanas, including LOTS of pictures!

BugsyCruiser

When you first go past the entrance onto the island look for a cart on the right side, tell him where you are going and give him your cabana ticket. Ours stopped at Barefoot beach to check us in and then took us down to our cabana at Nellie's beach. I did tip him $5.00 :D

We were just on Nellie's beach beginning of September, we had an over the water cabana and if you wanted to go somewhere just tell your cabana attendant and they will call the cart to come pick you up.

Our driver took us all the way down to the furthest food court since it wouldn't be too crowded and waited for us to make our plates then took us back. ( I brought him cookies and tipped him $5.00 for 3 of us)

and again when you are ready to go back to the ship ask your attendant to call the cart for you.

It was well worth the tips!!

Thank you! I'm all about the tipping to help my cause :) This information is great for me to know since I don't have to stress about my mom getting food or my running back/forth with plate for first her and then back for me. Thanks SOOOOO much!

I'm just curious what prices people are paying. Has anyone booked for $495 yet (that is willing to admit it)? I'll admit to booking at $350. They have already bumped up the price since I booked to now $395 for an OTW. Has anyone paid the $395? I think $395 would have caused me to book the beach cabana at $250 instead. $495 would for me to be completely out of the question.

I'm just curious what prices people are paying. Has anyone booked for $495 yet (that is willing to admit it)? I'll admit to booking at $350. They have already bumped up the price since I booked to now $395 for an OTW. Has anyone paid the $395? I think $395 would have caused me to book the beach cabana at $250 instead. $495 would for me to be completely out of the question.

If you paid 350 you booked a beach cabana, which has since gone up to 395. Over the water jumped right from 250 to 495.

If people keep booking at new outrageous prices there will be no reason for Royal Caribbean to lower prices and all the more incentive to raise them even more.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Edited by Bugsy4271

Personally speaking, no, I booked at the lower price ($250). I would not book at these new inflated prices. :eek:

If you paid 350 you booked a beach cabana, which has since gone up to 395. Over the water jumped right from 250 to 495.

Actually, no. For my sailing it was initially $250 for a beach cabana and $350 for an OTW. It is now $250 for beach (on board) and $395 for an OTW.

Actually, no. For my sailing it was initially $250 for a beach cabana and $350 for an OTW. It is now $250 for beach (on board) and $395 for an OTW.

And I just checked the prices and it's 395 for a beach cabana and 495 for over the water. Beach went from 225 to 350 and then again to 395. Over the water went from 250 to 495.

And other people have pointed that out on this thread.

I'm not arguing that RCI is charging $350 and $495 on other sailings. I am merely clarifying that for MY sailing, they are currently charging $250 and $395, respectively. I've been watching prices since they first popped up in the planner a month ago. I booked when the OTW opened up at $350.

As stated, in my post a few up, I'm curious as to whether anyone will admit to having paid $495. If RCI fails to get ppl to book that amount, they might settle back down to around the $395 price point. I don't think it's going back down to $250 at this point.

For my part, I'm booking a day long excursion for 6 ppl for $350. Yes, I would have preferred $250 but this still rings in at less than the more than $500 I am spending for the whole family to participate in the dolphin push, pull and swim in Cozumel 3 days later.

I'm not arguing that RCI is charging $350 and $495 on other sailings. I am merely clarifying that for MY sailing, they are currently charging $250 and $395, respectively. I've been watching prices since they first popped up in the planner a month ago. I booked when the OTW opened up at $350.

As stated, in my post a few up, I'm curious as to whether anyone will admit to having paid $495. If RCI fails to get ppl to book that amount, they might settle back down to around the $395 price point. I don't think it's going back down to $250 at this point.

For my part, I'm booking a day long excursion for 6 ppl for $350. Yes, I would have preferred $250 but this still rings in at less than the more than $500 I am spending for the whole family to participate in the dolphin push, pull and swim in Cozumel 3 days later.

If over the water was 350 then you must have booked right before it went up to 495. Every post I've seen from others state it immediately went from 250 to 495.

Like others and I have said it's a moot point because people are still willing to book them at the inflated prices so Royal has all the incentive to keep the prices high

Edited by Bugsy4271

As of this morning, it was still $395 for my sailing (12/27-01/03). There are a few sailings, mostly sailing prior to or during New Years that they have not been forcing the $495 price on yet. By 6 months from now, we'll have a better idea as to what the prices will settle around depending upon how their current price testing ends up.

As of this morning, it was still $395 for my sailing (12/27-01/03). There are a few sailings, mostly sailing prior to or during New Years that they have not been forcing the $495 price on yet. By 6 months from now, we'll have a better idea as to what the prices will settle around depending upon how their current price testing ends up.

Same for our cruise in mid-December...A couple weeks ago, I booked an OTW cabana at Nellie's for $350. I just checked today and the price for my cruise on the OTW cabanas has gone up to $395....

I am beginning to wonder there is now a supply and demand algorithm in place....I booked one for 426 CAD (320 USD) the day they opened up. I have seen it creep up to 462 CAD and now 525 CAD. I booked mine on 09/11 and they are still available to book. I have never seen Cabana's last over a month....a definite indicator that they are over priced. I'm seriously considering cancelling but won't do so until just before the cruise just in case I change my mind. To me, $400 bucks is too much for 6 hrs of use and no extra perks....also, what if the weather is crappy? Mind you it's not often it is but it could be....I'd be pissed if it was a cloudy crappy day.

I booked and have a confirmation for over the water cabana for December 30 and paid $395. I was happy it was abailable. I paid close to $600 at DCL and about the same price as NCL.

While I wish they were less its an option not something we all have to do just like the specialty reataurants.

Happy planning everyone.

I am beginning to wonder there is now a supply and demand algorithm in place....I booked one for 426 CAD (320 USD) the day they opened up. I have seen it creep up to 462 CAD and now 525 CAD. I booked mine on 09/11 and they are still available to book. I have never seen Cabana's last over a month....a definite indicator that they are over priced. I'm seriously considering cancelling but won't do so until just before the cruise just in case I change my mind. To me, $400 bucks is too much for 6 hrs of use and no extra perks....also, what if the weather is crappy? Mind you it's not often it is but it could be....I'd be pissed if it was a cloudy crappy day.

You are so right! It's ALL about supply and demand plus greed with RCI right now. The handwriting is on the wall though; if they keep increasing the prices eventually they will out price the regular cruiser and no one will be able to book them. Let's hope RCI gets it sooner than later. Should be interesting

see what the prices are this Spring 2016. I'm thinking $500s for sure.

I am very confused right now. According to the RCCL Labadee port page, it says the cabana has "exclusive" buffet at the three locations. However, I thought those three cafe are open to everyone. Does that mean we will have a long line to get our food? What's the best time to go to buffet to avoid the line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are so right! It's ALL about supply and demand plus greed with RCI right now. The handwriting is on the wall though; if they keep increasing the prices eventually they will out price the regular cruiser and no one will be able to book them. Let's hope RCI gets it sooner than later. Should be interesting

see what the prices are this Spring 2016. I'm thinking $500s for sure.

I'm not really sure I am in the same camp here :-)

What you call greed, I call capitalism. If I were running a business, I'd raise my prices as I high as I could until I find out what the market will bear. If I reached a point where cabanas were left empty, I'd consider dropping the price assuming that the math made sense (e.g. one empty cabana at the higher prices would still net more money than all cabanas rented at a lower price). There are a limited number of cabanas, so they go to those willing to pay a premium. Why wouldn't a company want to make as much money as they could? They aren't a charity.

I'm pretty sure the cabanas on the Disney island were $549 when I went in January. I couldn't get one. They sell out really quickly, and mainly people with "status" or suites get them. So if Royal goes to that price and I can actually book one without being in a suite, then I say it's great :-)

I am very confused right now. According to the RCCL Labadee port page, it says the cabana has "exclusive" buffet at the three locations. However, I thought those three cafe are open to everyone. Does that mean we will have a long line to get our food? What's the best time to go to buffet to avoid the line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you booked at Nellies beach you will have your choice of the 3 exclusive buffets that are for everyone. The upgraded buffet at Barefoot beach is only for suite guests. This is a recent change as Nellies used to get that upgraded buffet. As far as long lines, I guess it depends on which one you got to and what time. FYI it is quite a long walk to one of the buffets from what I understand too.

If you booked at Nellies beach you will have your choice of the 3 exclusive buffets that are for everyone.

Doesn't "exclusive" mean that something is not open to everyone? Sounds like it's just 3 buffets, and none are exclusive (other than the Barefoot one).

Doesn't "exclusive" mean that something is not open to everyone? Sounds like it's just 3 buffets, and none are exclusive (other than the Barefoot one).

I called it exclusive because the poster did but notice I said those 3 buffets ARE for everyone and the one at Barefoot beach is ONLY for those guests.

RCCL can price however they want on the cabanas, it's their right to do so. Whether it's a smart move or not, we as cruisers will judge that.

My issue is that the description in cruise planner is VERY misleading, almost to the degree of cheating.

The way it's worded is that by having cabana, you can enjoy one of the three buffets. However, in reality, EVERYONE can go to the buffet, and RCCL just conveniently ignore it. Of course technically it's not "wrong", you just don't call out the "basics" as a "feature".

My issue is that the description in cruise planner is VERY misleading, almost to the degree of cheating.

The way it's worded is that by having cabana, you can enjoy one of the three buffets. However, in reality, EVERYONE can go to the buffet, and RCCL just conveniently ignore it. Of course technically it's not "wrong", you just don't call out the "basics" as a "feature".

I agree -- lunch should not be listed as part of the "excursion" because everyone gets lunch, whether they pay for a cabana or not. It's ridiculous that they mention this, and is very misleading.

Having said that, I don't see any problem with the OTW description. When I look at the description for OTW at Nellie's, it says

"Your rental includes two floating beach mats, towels and the great service of a personal cabana attendant. ZL88"

No mention of lunch there. If you scroll down below the pictures, and look in the "Important Notes" section, it says:

"Complimentary buffet lunch available at Columbus Cove Café, Dragon’s Café or Café Labadee.

Rental of the Nellies Beach Cabana does not include access to the Barefoot Beach Cabana Club."

So I think the description is accurate. However, for the Nellie's Beach Cabana, there are problems. It says:

"Your full-day rental includes luxury resort-style lounge chairs for you to either stretch out and lay, a ceiling fan that draws in the gentle breeze, two floating beach mats, a sumptuous lunch buffet at one of the beach cafés, beach towels and a cabana attendant."

The "rental" does not really include a lunch buffet or towels, as everyone gets those. And then under Highlights, it says:

"Lunch: Indulge in a lunch buffet at Columbus Cove Café, Dragon's Cafe or Café Labadee."

How is that a highlight of the cabana rental when everyone gets that? Totally misleading. Under Important Notes, it says:

"No access to Barefoot Beach lunch with this Cabana purchase (lunch buffet at Columbus Cove Cafe, Dragon's Cafe or Cafe Labadee)"

So they do make it clear that you cannot go to the upgraded buffet, but it's still completely misleading to say that lunch is part of your "rental".

Why aren't they consistent with their working between the 2 types of Nellie's cabanas?

Another mis-leading/deceptive point is when you go to the excursion area and select cabanas, they show you a picture of the OTW #4 cabana at Barefoot Beach which is actually over the water but yet they say it is for Nellie's Beach OTW cabana rental. Also, Nellies Beach has NO cabana that is actually over the water, they set above the water on hill/cliff sides. It is all VERY deceptive.

If you booked at Nellies beach you will have your choice of the 3 exclusive buffets that are for everyone. The upgraded buffet at Barefoot beach is only for suite guests. This is a recent change as Nellies used to get that upgraded buffet. As far as long lines, I guess it depends on which one you got to and what time. FYI it is quite a long walk to one of the buffets from what I understand too.

It is not a long walk to the buffets from NB. I believe it is just across the main "avenue" and slightly to the right. There are also shuttle trams that can take you there -- let the cabana "guy" know that you would like a ride and he can arrange it.

RCI's website is fairly well known to not completely update their information when they make changes, such as the buffet offerings at Labadee. So while you might see the correct information on one page, it might not be updated on another page.