Everything Labadee Cabanas, including LOTS of pictures!

BugsyCruiser

I think they can go to BB if one of them is in a Suite or Pinnacle. But the group has to have a cabana booked and not just try to enter BB to use the beach. My GF was allowed to share our cabana in February, and she was in a JS. :)

Right now I have an over the water at Nellies Beach reserved and they have one reserved on Barefoot Beach but it is under the trees. Trying to decide which one to cancel.

I think they can go to BB if one of them is in a Suite or Pinnacle. But the group has to have a cabana booked and not just try to enter BB to use the beach. My GF was allowed to share our cabana in February, and she was in a JS. :)

Thanks Karen.......

After I posted, I emailed a friend on a ship,who confirmed,yes,suite guests can book a cabana on BB and bring guests(total occupancy of 6)

Edited by PH8

I have a Nellie's Beach Over-the-water reserved on April 8th. I am not in a suite. I can now go to the shore excursion desk when I board and pick the cabana number I want?

You can go there and request the number you want. They might be able to secure for it you but no guarantees

Your friends can go to Barefoot but unless you're in a suite or Pinnacle yourself,I don't think you can ..

Someone please correct me,if I'm wrong.

Barefoot beach is for suite guests and Pinnacle(I think) so those at Nellies can't go there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Cabana Experts,

Despite my being Diamond, I've never been to Labadee! We just booked Harmony for December of 2016...I know, it's a million years away. This will be my first Western itinerary, and I am excited. A few Labadee/cabana questions for you:

1. Our son will be almost 9 years old when we visit. I'm sure he will want to do the water park and Dragon coaster, and maybe the water slide (although I've read mixed reviews). Would have a cabana at Nellie's be a good location for these types of activities?

2. If we had an OTW cabana at Nellie's, would we be able to watch our son play on the beach from there?

3. It seems like the Nellie's cabanas are not available for booking until onboard. Is this what the consensus is nowadays?

4. We are staying in a JS, but one of us is D+. Is it worthwhile to email the D Concierge about reserving a cabana?

I know we are not eligible for BB. I'm not even sure it would be the best choice for us, as our cabana priority is *not* privacy or seclusion, per se. We just want our own, reserved shaded space to use as a home base, as well as the service that goes along with it. We still want to be near the "action" so that we can watch our son.

Any advice is appreciated!

Hello Cabana Experts,

Despite my being Diamond, I've never been to Labadee! We just booked Harmony for December of 2016...I know, it's a million years away. This will be my first Western itinerary, and I am excited. A few Labadee/cabana questions for you:

1. Our son will be almost 9 years old when we visit. I'm sure he will want to do the water park and Dragon coaster, and maybe the water slide (although I've read mixed reviews). Would have a cabana at Nellie's be a good location for these types of activities?

2. If we had an OTW cabana at Nellie's, would we be able to watch our son play on the beach from there?

3. It seems like the Nellie's cabanas are not available for booking until onboard. Is this what the consensus is nowadays?

4. We are staying in a JS, but one of us is D+. Is it worthwhile to email the D Concierge about reserving a cabana?

I know we are not eligible for BB. I'm not even sure it would be the best choice for us, as our cabana priority is *not* privacy or seclusion, per se. We just want our own, reserved shaded space to use as a home base, as well as the service that goes along with it. We still want to be near the "action" so that we can watch our son.

Any advice is appreciated!

The water park is at Columbus Cove and is not close enough or visible enough to Nellie's Beach to watch your son, IMO. Nellie's Beach is adjacent to Columbus Cove, but you need to be closer to keep an eye on your son while he is in the water. It is a good location as a home base, but not for monitoring your son's water activities.

The policy has changed for Nellie's Beach bookings, you must now book onboard. It never hurts to try to email the Diamond Concierge, and policies can change again.

The water park is at Columbus Cove and is not close enough or visible enough to Nellie's Beach to watch your son, IMO. Nellie's Beach is adjacent to Columbus Cove, but you need to be closer to keep an eye on your son while he is in the water. It is a good location as a home base, but not for monitoring your son's water activities.

The policy has changed for Nellie's Beach bookings, you must now book onboard. It never hurts to try to email the Diamond Concierge, and policies can change again.

Thank you, Karen! We are fine taking turns watching my son, especially since I think he'd only do the water park for an hour or so.

When he is just playing at the beach, would we be able to watch him from an OTW cabana at Nellie's? I guess I'm having trouble grasping exactly how far the cabanas are from the beach itself. Some look like they are far away.

Thank you, Karen! We are fine taking turns watching my son, especially since I think he'd only do the water park for an hour or so.

When he is just playing at the beach, would we be able to watch him from an OTW cabana at Nellie's? I guess I'm having trouble grasping exactly how far the cabanas are from the beach itself. Some look like they are far away.

As long as someone is at the beach with your son while he is in the water! :) You might be able to spot him, it all depends on where your cabana is. Most likely, he would just be a little "dot" in the water. You would have to have an OW cabana facing away from the ship, closest to BB, but that means it would be farther away from Columbus Cove. If you can go back on this thread and find the photos that are taken facing the beaches, you'll understand what I mean.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you soooooo much for this post. We were in Labadee last week and we had Nellies Over The Water Cabana and we got off the boat ASAP and did all you said and were assigned to cabana number 5 which had shade all morning and the nice hot sun all afternoon(you could go back inside the cabana if you don't want sun which was nice). The view straight out was of water and the ship docked to the left was a small beach area and behind us was the kids water park area but not many kids were there so not a lot of noise. This was the best beach day and when we go back again I hope to get the same cabana. The steps were also right there for us to walk down to get in the water. Everything you said to do was spot on!!! Thank You:)

Thank you soooooo much for this post. We were in Labadee last week and we had Nellies Over The Water Cabana and we got off the boat ASAP and did all you said and were assigned to cabana number 5 which had shade all morning and the nice hot sun all afternoon(you could go back inside the cabana if you don't want sun which was nice). The view straight out was of water and the ship docked to the left was a small beach area and behind us was the kids water park area but not many kids were there so not a lot of noise. This was the best beach day and when we go back again I hope to get the same cabana. The steps were also right there for us to walk down to get in the water. Everything you said to do was spot on!!! Thank You:)

Thanks for reporting back -- I'm so glad you had a good time and got the location you wanted. :D :D

We have booked a Nellie's Beach OTW cabana online. Our friends who we are sharing the cabana with are in a suite. She e-mailed the Concerge and he just e-mailed her back, saying that on our sailing the only cabanas left at BB are the beach cabanas and the Hillside Cabanas. Would you give up an OTW cabana at Nellie's for a Beach or Hillside cabana at Barefoot Beach? We already have the upgraded buffet since we booked the Nellie's Beach cabana so long ago.:cool:

We have booked a Nellie's Beach OTW cabana online. Our friends who we are sharing the cabana with are in a suite. She e-mailed the Concerge and he just e-mailed her back, saying that on our sailing the only cabanas left at BB are the beach cabanas and the Hillside Cabanas. Would you give up an OTW cabana at Nellie's for a Beach or Hillside cabana at Barefoot Beach? We already have the upgraded buffet since we booked the Nellie's Beach cabana so long ago.:cool:

Barefoot Beach is a little less busy, if that makes a difference to you. We had a beach cabana on BB in February, and it was fine. The OW on Nellie's does provide a little more privacy, IMO, but there will be more people at the beach. It's your call. If you booked the NB cabana a long time ago, you are going to pay the higher going rate, if you switch. Good luck, and enjoy. :)

Barefoot Beach is a little less busy, if that makes a difference to you. We had a beach cabana on BB in February, and it was fine. The OW on Nellie's does provide a little more privacy, IMO, but there will be more people at the beach. It's your call. If you booked the NB cabana a long time ago, you are going to pay the higher going rate, if you switch. Good luck, and enjoy. :)

Thanks, Karen. I will talk to my friend and let her know what you said.:)

We had a similar issue this past March. I had reserved an OTW Cabana at Nellies on line. We were in a suite so I emailed the Concierge that we wanted an OTW at BB. He emailed back that he reserved one for us. Upon boarding the ship we went to the Concierge and he gave us our BB OTW ticket and cancelled the OTW at Nellies (same price). Now since there are no more OTW cabanas at BB for your sailing the BB Beach Cabanas B1 and B2 are close to the water. B2 IMO has a better view facing the ship (next to W5). The Hillside Cabanas behind OTW W5 and W6 have a great view too. Also, as someone else noted above BB is less crowded and the buffet is closer. Other than that the Cabanas are great and I would do it again. Dont cancel your Nellies Beach Cabana until you confirm the BB if you decide to change. Enjoy your cruise.

So, which is the best OTW Cabana at BB? And how do you enter the water from the OTW Cabanas? Thank you for your answers!!

They are all pretty good IMO. OTW Cabanas W1 thru W4 are on one side and you can see the ship to the right as you face the water. W5 and W6 are on the other side and are facing the ship and pier directly. Some get morning sun and the others get afternoon sun. W5 and W6 have a ladder (not stairs) to enter the water. You can also work around W5 to enter the water from the beach. I think W1 thru W4 have similar water access via beach entry.

Ginny since we are with you and paid the premium price already we just want the cabana the suits our needs. I don't think it matters which beach as all the cabanas are for the people that paid and not others that are just on the beach. From reading about the beaches BB doesn't have as many people due to the suite status. Nellies has everyone else from the ship either in a cabana or on the beach.

I just want to be able to get in the water either from shore or stairs, not a ladder.

Norine

They are all pretty good IMO. OTW Cabanas W1 thru W4 are on one side and you can see the ship to the right as you face the water. W5 and W6 are on the other side and are facing the ship and pier directly. Some get morning sun and the others get afternoon sun. W5 and W6 have a ladder (not stairs) to enter the water. You can also work around W5 to enter the water from the beach. I think W1 thru W4 have similar water access via beach entry.

We had both B2 and W6. I preferred W6, but if you have a choice, W5 is even better. (However, both are good, and private). I liked W5 and W6 for the view. B2 is steps from the water.