Everything Labadee Cabanas, including LOTS of pictures!

BugsyCruiser

Ginny, that's good advice. I never would have thought you could injure yourself, but that is because we never go in the water. We are not sun worshipers, so we head for the shade whenever we go to a beach. That's why we like the cabanas, they do provide sun protection.:) I hope you eventually fully recovered.

Hi Karen!!

Maybe you can help........just decided today to go on the FR which goes to Labadee.....we hope to get a cabana on BB...........Like you,we are not sun worshipers and prefer shade..........so which cabana/s do you prefer there?(if you have specific numbers,that would be great)...I just started looking and I'm getting overwhelmed..

Thanks..

Hi Karen!!

Maybe you can help........just decided today to go on the FR which goes to Labadee.....we hope to get a cabana on BB...........Like you,we are not sun worshipers and prefer shade..........so which cabana/s do you prefer there?(if you have specific numbers,that would be great)...I just started looking and I'm getting overwhelmed..

Thanks..

Not Karen but as the creator of this thread I can tell you my personal favorites are the over the water cabanas and all of them are good except numbers 1 and 10 as they are far from being true over the water cabanas and 1 has a terrible view in my opinion

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Hi Karen!!

Thanks..

Kathy, we had #6 Overwater last month and it was also good, -- there was a little sun, but we could avoid it. (I know how weird that sounds. :D) #5 was an excellent location, as well, with a great view. I would try to get #5 next time. Have a great time on Freedom!

Kathy, we had #6 Overwater last month and it was also good, -- there was a little sun, but we could avoid it. (I know how weird that sounds. :D) #5 was an excellent location, as well, with a great view. I would try to get #5 next time. Have a great time on Freedom!

Thanks Karen..........I'll request #5 and hope for the best...

I have a few questions.

We are a party of 7 and booked two OTW cabanas on Nellie's Beach.

1. Is it possible for only one person to get off the ship that morning to check in at the cabana area? Plus, will they allow the rest of the party into the cabana area, even if they won't have arm bands at the time?

2. Who assigns the parties to a particular cabana, the Excursion Desk or the actual Cabana check-in station?

I have a few questions.

1. Is it possible for only one person to get off the ship that morning to check in at the cabana area? Plus, will they allow the rest of the party into the cabana area, even if they won't have arm bands at the time?

2. Who assigns the parties to a particular cabana, the Excursion Desk or the actual Cabana check-in station?

Hi just make sure you give the Concierge all the names of the people that will be in your cabana. Then everyone can show up to check in and get their armbands separately.

Usually the Concierge will assign the cabanas but inquire at the excursion desk.

I have a few questions.

Since you are on Nellie's Beach, you won't have access to the Concierge, unless you are in a Suite or are D+/PC. The cabanas on Nellie's are handled by the shore excursion desk. I would check with them when you board, to see if they will let you choose. Otherwise, it's first-come, first-served when you arrive at the cabnas.

While it is more ideal if the whole group goes together, if you alert the cabana attendants that your party will arrive shortly, they shouldn't have any trouble joining you. They'll get the wristbands when they arrive. There is no restricted access to Nellie's Beach itself. :)

Edited by travelgoddess1

Nellies vs Barefoot? The Cabanas on Barefoot look like they are not as well placed on as they are on Nellies Beach (from the photo). It looks like they are back on the beach or up in the rocks. Which do you prefer? Is the beach any better on one vs the other?

Nellies vs Barefoot? The Cabanas on Barefoot look like they are not as well placed on as they are on Nellies Beach (from the photo). It looks like they are back on the beach or up in the rocks. Which do you prefer? Is the beach any better on one vs the other?

Barefoot cabanas are only available if you're in a suite. I would be happy with either option assuming that I can get access to one on my NOV 2015 cruise.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

The water front cabanas on Barefoot beach are in a nice location.Not in the rocks.

Great place and location for great views, sun or shade as you desire.

The concierge only has cabanas back in the trees on Barefoot

No.

Some are beach front.

Some hillside

Some back on the sandy beach area under the trees I am gusessing about 100 yards back from water front.

No.

Some are beach front.

Some hillside

Some back on the sandy beach area under the trees I am gusessing about 100 yards back from water front.

I guess I should have said the concierge only has cabanas back in the trees AVAILABLE, the rest are sold out.

Our friends are in a suite so we could do either. Just wondering if one is better than the other (besides being restricted access)

Your friends can go to Barefoot but unless you're in a suite or Pinnacle yourself,I don't think you can ..

Someone please correct me,if I'm wrong.

Does anyone know if there is transportation from the ship on the dock to the cabana beahes?

Noine

There are gentlemen on the dock/pier with the sand-type wheelchairs (fat wheels) who will take you to the tram that takes you to the cabanas. My DH has used this many times. A tip will be appreciated. :)