Everything Labadee Cabanas, including LOTS of pictures!

BugsyCruiser

I just wanted to mention that our cruise is in January and we were able to book a cabana in February, believe it or not. I checked back in the spring and it looked like all of the cabanas were gone by then. Check with people in your roll call if you aren't sure. There are some people in mine that are so on top of things that I was alerted the moment when reservations were open for entertainment, dining, etc.

So I have some questions for the experts... we have an OTW cabana reserved (non-suite)...

1. How deep is the water there?

2. Is the cabana that's furthest away from the beach more "private"?

3. Were you transported via golf cart to the buffet?

4. Did you request a specific cabana or did you take whatever you were given?

5. Were you off the ship as soon as they docked?

Thanks for starting this thread! I am obsessive compulsive planner so I love getting all of the great information ahead of time!

Answers in Red below

I just wanted to mention that our cruise is in January and we were able to book a cabana in February, believe it or not. I checked back in the spring and it looked like all of the cabanas were gone by then. Check with people in your roll call if you aren't sure. There are some people in mine that are so on top of things that I was alerted the moment when reservations were open for entertainment, dining, etc.

So I have some questions for the experts... we have an OTW cabana reserved (non-suite)...

1. How deep is the water there? Depends on the cabana. We had one where there was a stairway leading to the water, and it was ~1.5ft deep. Last yer we has OTW #4 (last one), and they had a ladder - it was quite deep - over your head.

2. Is the cabana that's furthest away from the beach more "private"? Yes!

3. Were you transported via golf cart to the buffet? Yes

4. Did you request a specific cabana or did you take whatever you were given? You cannot really request a specific cabana, but I've read here that people have talked to the attendants and got a specific cabana.

5. Were you off the ship as soon as they docked? Yes. WE love Labadee, and want to spend as much time as possible. The debarkation is very quick. They had both the front and back ramps open - people pouring out of the ship as fast as you can scan your card.

Thanks for starting this thread! I am obsessive compulsive planner so I love getting all of the great information ahead of time!

Have any of you gone to Labadee on a rainy day? What did you do? I have a Nellie's beach cabana for February 2015/ there are 7 of us, hoping the 2 teenage boys will be happy enough with umbrellas.... If they get out of the water!

I haven't but with a cabana reserved if it does rain, you won't have any issues with shelter from it :)

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

This thread was so informative thank you! We've got cabanas twice coming up in December on our b2b cruises and now I feel like I know what I need to know! I'm going to try and make sure we get the upgraded buffet. I only have one question for you, are the towels and cooler with water only for barefoot beach or are they provided for nellies cabanas as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thread was so informative thank you! We've got cabanas twice coming up in December on our b2b cruises and now I feel like I know what I need to know! I'm going to try and make sure we get the upgraded buffet. I only have one question for you, are the towels and cooler with water only for barefoot beach or are they provided for nellies cabanas as well?

Yes, we had towels and a cooler with water at Nellie's Beach both times (in 2013). :)

We've been in a Nellie's cabana twice, and on both occasions, the towels, cooler with water, floating mats, and snorkel gear were all provided at no extra charge. Your cabana attendant only has a few cabanas to watch over all day long - that's pretty dedicated service, and these guys are looking for tips at the end of the day - they are super friendly, and will do anything for you - including getting you your drinks (if you are comfortable giving him your setsail card - which I am OK with).

Cabanas are truly a spoiled indulgence!

We've been in a Nellie's cabana twice, and on both occasions, the towels, cooler with water, floating mats, and snorkel gear were all provided at no extra charge. Your cabana attendant only has a few cabanas to watch over all day long - that's pretty dedicated service, and these guys are looking for tips at the end of the day - they are super friendly, and will do anything for you - including getting you your drinks (if you are comfortable giving him your setsail card - which I am OK with).

The only change I found when we had a cabana this past August was they now limit the floating mats to 2 per cabana. If you want additional mats you have to pay for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Exactly why I like them! :D

The first time my DD experienced our first hilltop cabana, she said "I feel like a Kardashian!" :p Now every time we stop in Labadee she wants a cabana. Yes spoiled are we and love every minute of it! ;)

Edited by Annefran

We book our cabana first, when heading that way. They go fast, and well worth the expense. We just back from a 10 day and loved having the cabana with its Evian water and comfy chaise lounge chairs. It's a must in Labadee!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy s5 using Tapatalk

We book our cabana first, when heading that way. They go fast, and well worth the expense. We just back from a 10 day and loved having the cabana with its Evian water and comfy chaise lounge chairs. It's a must in Labadee!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy s5 using Tapatalk

Couldn't agree more. They are the way to go in Labadee. Truth be told, if I couldn't book one I doubt I'd get off the ship when we were docked there

After not being able to book these online, I called and asked an RCI service representative about them. He said that the new policy is that they do not offer the cabanas online anymore and that you have to wait to book on the ship. Has anyone else heard the same?

Yes, I have also been told that, but I wasn't sure whether or not to believe it. :rolleyes: :)

Yes, I have also been told that, but I wasn't sure whether or not to believe it. :rolleyes: :)

I am not sure whether that info is correct or not either. I know if it shows none available online you can inquire once on board. My friend Bill was able to book his online for his upcoming Celebrity Silhouette cruise

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

My cruise is 13 months out. Could it be that this is a brand new policy? All other Labadee excursions are currently listed online, so either 1) they were previously listed and are already sold out, 2) they are planning to randomly add just the cabana excursion at some point in the future, or 3) what I was told by the rep was true and they won't ever show up online because they all must be booked on board. Care to wager?

Although I would not put anything past RCI , I cannot believe they would not post the cabanas to be booked on line----but make a person wait till they board to book.

Can you imagine the mad dash to customer service and the line to book this "excursion" on Labadee.

They better be prepared for a lot of business.

I mean, people race to get on board as it is to go to the windjammer for lunch.................

I would keep looking at my sailing to see when they would open up.

Sea ya

Playing devil's advocate, but do you really think that there would be a mad dash to the excursion desk for cabanas? I would dash there, and you would dash there, but the vast majority (99%) wouldn't even know about them until they got a shore excursion brochure once on the ship. Not having seen them online, they wouldn't even know they were an option. That said they would still get fully booked once on the ship. Just not a mad dash upon boarding. Not unless there was a swell of cruise critic passengers on that sailing :rolleyes:

Playing devil's advocate, but do you really think that there would be a mad dash to the excursion desk for cabanas? I would dash there, and you would dash there, but the vast majority (99%) wouldn't even know about them until they got a shore excursion brochure once on the ship. Not having seen them online, they wouldn't even know they were an option. That said they would still get fully booked once on the ship. Just not a mad dash upon boarding. Not unless there was a swell of cruise critic passengers on that sailing :rolleyes:

Yeah your right about the dashing................

The only dashing around here is thru the snow:D

But, on our past 4 sailings all the cabanas were booked out on line before sailing, except once when 2 cabanas were available the day we were on barefoot beach.

So that must mean they are poplular.

Those two cabanas stayed empty all day.

Also, the people that book them could read the "excursion" page and want them and freqently they are returning RCI loyalty clients...............and know about them already.

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss

• 2 weeks later...