Everything Labadee Cabanas, including LOTS of pictures!

BugsyCruiser

I was thinking the same thing. Niether Nellies or Barefoot Beach Cabanas are showing up as an option to reserve for us.

Same here. Just double checked since the cruise planner was down when I put up my last message.

• 2 months later...

I've skimmed the thread and didn't see this question, but forgive me if it has already been answered.

We are a family of 5 traveling with the in laws who are a party of 2. Is the 6 guest in a cabana rule enforced? I really doubt my 3 kids will spend a lot of time in the cabana and will mostly use it as a spot for quick breaks, with the in laws there the most time, but I wasn't sure if access was limited to them somehow.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
It is not strictly inforced now that the "premium buffet" is no longer included.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Boo! That's too bad ... The premium buffet had FRESH steak and shrimp! I liked it better that the MDR and I usually hate buffets!

• 2 weeks later...

I've just managed to book an Over the Water cabana at Nellie's beach in Labadee!!! Booked online today for my 12 night cruise on 27th March 2016.

Really happy as I thought they could only be booked on embarkation day from the excursion desk. I was just going to leg it to the desk as soon as I boarded to book - won't have to now.

Anyone else after a cabana - keep looking in your excursions list online. They weren't listed for my sailing last week but they are now.

I've just managed to book an Over the Water cabana at Nellie's beach in Labadee!!! Booked online today for my 12 night cruise on 27th March 2016.

Really happy as I thought they could only be booked on embarkation day from the excursion desk. I was just going to leg it to the desk as soon as I boarded to book - won't have to now.

Anyone else after a cabana - keep looking in your excursions list online. They weren't listed for my sailing last week but they are now.

Thanks for the heads up -- I was able to book cabanas for 3 different sailings, 2 on Oasis and one on Freedom. :) Very pleased!

Thank you sooo very much! Just booked an over the water cabana on Nellie's for our March 21 cruise on IOS. Like you, I thought they would only be available once we boarded. I am so very happy I subscribed to this thread and that the wonderful CC members such as yourself post great information. I never would have gotten this cabana otherwise.

Cheri

Same here, just booked an over the water cabana for a Nov 11 cruise. They weren't available for the longest time and I checked EVERY day, paid off today though. Am I relieved............ Now I just hope I get the one I want...............

Edited by tilyous

The only think I can see for my Dec. 2016 Harmony cruise is a "Beach Bed" on Adrenaline Beach. Does that mean that the cabanas are sold out? Or possibly not available yet?

Only beach beds are available on Adrenaline Beach, not cabanas. However, Dec 16 probably does not have the bookings open yet for the Nellie's Beach cababas. That is over a year away. Keep checking, though. They could open any time, especially if the beach beds are available now.

I am glad to hear the cabanas are back online!:)

The only think I can see for my Dec. 2016 Harmony cruise is a "Beach Bed" on Adrenaline Beach. Does that mean that the cabanas are sold out? Or possibly not available yet?

The Dec 2016 Harmony is not open yet for the regular cabanas. I am also on that cruise. We have to keep checking basically every week as you never know when they will open it. Its intersting that even though the Nellies Beach OTW cabanas said, Onboard Booking only, one could still book them on-line today. So again you never know.

Just booked a OTW cabana today for Nellie for our Jan cruise. It did not say that we were entitled to the Barefoot buffet. I hope that we can go to the BB buffet once onsite. We are paying close to 100 more for OTW cabana versus a beach one. Looking forward to reading about recent cruisers' experiences If not, we will still enjoy our 1st cabana 😊

Thanks so much for the post. I have been checking often....we had a cabana last year ( first royal cruise) and I was worried we wouldn't be able to get one and we just loved it!

I got one [emoji12][emoji267]. Now I just have to wait for march! [emoji22]

Does anyone know how the cabanas are assigned once you purchase it online? Last time we had one thru the concierge from suites, so wasn't sure this time since we are booking online since in a balcony. Please let me know if they are assigned once we get onboard, at the desk?

Does anyone know how the cabanas are assigned once you purchase it online? Last time we had one thru the concierge from suites, so wasn't sure this time since we are booking online since in a balcony. Please let me know if they are assigned once we get onboard, at the desk?

I haven't been on this thread in a while, glad to see it still going strong. From my experience in the past they are assigned before you board but you won't find out which one till you go ashore and check in with person that checks you in. You might be able to contact the concierge in advance to find out which cabana number you've been assigned but that will be usually within a couple of weeks of boarding.

I believe the OTW cabanas are worth the extra. Right on the water, several are a little more removed from the crowds of the beach. With the beach cabanas, there will be more foot traffic/activity around you. Depends on what you are looking for the cabana to provide. If it is just shade and a comfortable place to sit, the beach cabana would be ok for that.

I now have the option to choose between OTW and beach cabana. The price difference is $100 (!!), or $350 / $250, respectively.

Is the OTW cabana worth the additional $100?

An over the water cabana is now 350? That's a mark up of 100 dollars over what I paid for one on my Quantum cruise.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

An over the water cabana is now 350? That's a mark up of 100 dollars over what I paid for one on my Quantum cruise.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Wow! That is quite a price hike! I would still pay the extra, though. It is good to have someone to share it with, though. I think that you can have 6 people in each, so that makes it reasonable when you consider the price of excursions. We had 4 people in each of two adjacent cabanas. It was one of our best shore days on a cruise n a long time and the cabana was the best part.:)

I booked a Nellie's cabana on-line. I understand you can go to the Explorations desk and "pick" a cabana or they will randomly assigned one to you.

Question: we like a LOT of sun, so which cabana would you suggest to get sun on the deck portion for most of the time there?

I've seen pictures and some of them seem to be in the shade and we want to avoid that.

Thanks!

Wow! That is quite a price hike! I would still pay the extra, though. It is good to have someone to share it with, though. I think that you can have 6 people in each, so that makes it reasonable when you consider the price of excursions. We had 4 people in each of two adjacent cabanas. It was one of our best shore days on a cruise n a long time and the cabana was the best part.:)

Yeah, I think that was crazy too.

Even though the current price is $350, we locked in at $320 so the different is not huge. Just want to know in general how much more do you think OTW is valued?

Since we have 3 people, one of us is DD 4 yr old, I doubt anyone will want to share a cabana with us :)

I feel embarrassed with other people anyway since it will not likely be a "relaxed" cabana experience...