Everything Labadee Cabanas, including LOTS of pictures!

BugsyCruiser

****Just got back from Oasis Thanksgiving cruise. I can confirm at least for us (Nellie's OTW), we got in the upgraded buffet. The meat option include beef, lamb chop, pork, shrimp, and lobster (limited). Also, we were able to use golf carts both ways.****

Thanks for the info! So glad to hear that. Would be interested in the answer to the other question as well "did you have to ask". I have no problem asking, especially when the answer is 'you betchya'.

Edited by MoverOfMutts

****Just got back from Oasis Thanksgiving cruise. I can confirm at least for us (Nellie's OTW), we got in the upgraded buffet. The meat option include beef, lamb chop, pork, shrimp, and lobster (limited). Also, we were able to use golf carts both ways.****

Thanks for the info! So glad to hear that. Would be interested in the answer to the other question as well "did you have to ask". I have no problem asking, especially when the answer is 'you betchya'.

No I didn't asked. Our attendant just told us when we arrived that "I will come back and take care your lunch around noon". Also, when we left, we waved goodbye and he stopped us and said "let me call a car to get you back".

However, I should add that we are first timer and it was not organized how to get the cabana. We just kept asking any crews we met until someone told us "talk to the golf cart driver"

Edited by mkkao924

Did you have to ask for it? Also, was your cabana assigned or was it first come once you were on labadee.

I felt like the cabana number was not assigned ahead of time. On the sign in sheet it listed the name but not cabana number. We were the first one there around 9am. The rest of the cabana didn't fill up until almost noon. We got #1, which didn't have greatest view, but we have a little one with us so our choice is very limited anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So best I can tell if we have an option we DONT want 1 or 10 is this correct? Looking for good view and easy water access, ladders not an issue for our group.

What's your definition of "good view"?

If by saying good view you mean you can see the ship, then exclude 1~4 since they are facing the other side. They are closer to upgraded buffet though.

Only 1 and 10 has direct access to sand. All other cabanas have access to water directly (stairs or ladder)

Did you have a lot of "non-paying" traffic? Someone posted that not only was it expensive, but the controlling of those coming to your area, and using the water access is less than stellar. Not trying to be a snob, but if I'm putting out that much for private anything, I would like it to be private to myself, my cabana peeps, and the others that have paid for the privacy of the other 9 cabanas.

Did you have a lot of "non-paying" traffic? Someone posted that not only was it expensive, but the controlling of those coming to your area, and using the water access is less than stellar. Not trying to be a snob, but if I'm putting out that much for private anything, I would like it to be private to myself, my cabana peeps, and the others that have paid for the privacy of the other 9 cabanas.

The beach is public -- it's for everyone. So there will be others besides cabana occupants in the area. If they encroach on the structure, let the cabana attendant know. They are supposed to monitor things like that.

Since this thread was helpful, I thought I would add our experience. We had an over the water cabana on Nellie's last week. I'm not sure about the number, but if you are in the water looking at the beach, it was on the right side, second one in. It was perfect for us because it shared a ramp with the cabana next to us, so my 6 year old didn't have to use stairs and a ladder. Based on some reviews, we were worried about drink service. We tried told our attendant that we'd be "thirsty" and tried to give him part of his tip up front, and he said he wouldn't accept it because he hadn't served us yet. He asked what beers we like and then came regularly to stock our cooler. He checked in on us throughout the day and kept mixed drinks coming for those who wanted them. I got it as a splurge for my mom, and I'm really glad I did. We did not get the upgraded buffet because he said whoever was watching it that day wouldn't allow it. Even so, I think it was worth the price we paid, and I'm glad we got to do it before they raised to $500.

The Concierge on the Oasis of the Seas gave me prices for cabanas for suite guests. Over the Water cabanas are $449. Waterfront cabanas are $349. Hilltop cabanas are $295. Standard cabanas are $175.

Wow, so you don't really get much of a discount on them, and I'm guessing your suite cabins are much more expensive than our balcony cabins :(

I was given the cabana prices for suite guests from the Concierge on the Oasis of the Seas.

Over the Water Cabana $449

Waterfront Cabana $349

Hilltop Cabana $295

Standard Cabana $175

Wow!!!:eek: And on my sailing we leave at 3PM. Not sure its worth all that much money for a few hours. I might have to re-think this. :mad:

We visited Labadee last month, Nellies Beach, and only paid $255 for our cabana. We were traveling with family (including my elderly parents) so having a place for them to "camp" and to have shade was important. We got OW#1 which is the first cabana to the right as you are looking at the ocean. There were a few steps from the cabana to the beach, which was great for us!

My biggest complaint was that we were told that a golf cart would take to to and from the cabana. This was REALLY important as my father is not able to stand/walk for long periods due to back issues. Yes, there are golf carts, but they only hold 4 people and there was no organized line, so when one arrived, every 15 minutes or so, there was a lot of pushing and shoving to get on, so our group (of 7) was pushed aside. We waited for about 45 minutes and finally decided that everyone else would take the tram and my parents would wait on the golf cart. The fellow at the golf cart area was of no help, even when we explained our situation!

Once we finally got to the cabana, our attendant, Jeanty, took excellent care of us! He was like our elusive cabin attendant in that we hardly ever saw him, but somehow our drinks and snacks just mysteriously appeared! He got us rafts, ice, water, fruit and somehow arranged for wristbands to the upgraded buffet! He was absolutely fabulous! He DID arrange for a golf cart to take us to the shopping area and for one to take us back to the ship when it was time to leave. He was absolutely made our day in Labadee memorable (minus the fiasco at the beginning).

We visited Labadee last month, Nellies Beach, and only paid $255 for our cabana. We were traveling with family (including my elderly parents) so having a place for them to "camp" and to have shade was important. We got OW#1 which is the first cabana to the right as you are looking at the ocean. There were a few steps from the cabana to the beach, which was great for us!

We have a cabana reserved, and I'm wondering if #1 would be a good one to request given our situation. Grandma won't want to use a ladder, and DS(8) will want to be on the beach. Do you think #1 would be a good choice? Did you still have a nice view?

We have a cabana reserved, and I'm wondering if #1 would be a good one to request given our situation. Grandma won't want to use a ladder, and DS(8) will want to be on the beach. Do you think #1 would be a good choice? Did you still have a nice view?

Let me see if I can attach some pictures......

This is our view from our cabana.....I will try to look up the number of the furthest to the left. It looks like it enters from the beach.

image.jpg.9b0bde6c36c8f6a3ff1f4f2ddf659f3b.jpg

Edited by CaroleSS