Everything Labadee Cabanas, including LOTS of pictures!

BugsyCruiser

I am not sure how cabanas are assigned. We just lucked out and got one with beach access, which made things easy for my father.....getting to lunch and the bathroom. He never would have been able to navigate a ladder, but was able to wade in the water with our beach access.

Also, we were not really bothered with noise or other people wandering by (not that it would have bothered us if someone would have come by to chat). All in all, it was a wonderful day!

Oh, one thing I forgot.....we tried to get a Labradoozie, but no one there knew what it was.

Edited by CaroleSS

Let me see if I can attach some pictures......

This is our view from our cabana.....I will try to look up the number of the furthest to the left. It looks like it enters from the beach.

Thanks, this helps!

I think the one furthest to the left was what I was envisioning as #1. But it sounds like that is not the case.

Im in Labadee right now. We got a hilltop for 225 on barefoot. However the cabana prices for this cruise arent as high as the cruises sailing in january

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Forums mobile app

Have you been told that prices are definitely going up next month?:confused:

For the NYE cruise on Allure, cabanas first opened at $250 for beach, $350 for OTW. As of this morning, they can both now only be booked online and are up to $350 for beach and $450 for OTW. We booked our OTW when they first opened up at $350.

You're lucky, you just beat the 2016 increase to $495 for OTW. Which is what I paid. They were $495 from day one on my excursions listings.:(

We sail on the Oasis on 4/23/16 and I was looking at booking a cabana. It says on the website that you can book on board only. However, it will still let me add it to My Cart and put in credit card information to purchase. Has anyone else done this and it work?

I didn't want to put in my credit card info and then get billed and get on the ship and they say I don't have a cabana because it is onboard reservations only. Thanks!

We sail on the Oasis on 4/23/16 and I was looking at booking a cabana. It says on the website that you can book on board only. However, it will still let me add it to My Cart and put in credit card information to purchase. Has anyone else done this and it work?

I didn't want to put in my credit card info and then get billed and get on the ship and they say I don't have a cabana because it is onboard reservations only. Thanks!

It ABSOLUTELY worked. I did the same thing, then got nervous, so I asked my travel agent. She said with the booking number and confirmation number, you are booked! Go for it and enjoy! I go 2/22 on the Independence of the Seas. I'll post an update when I get home and confirm.

It ABSOLUTELY worked. I did the same thing, then got nervous, so I asked my travel agent. She said with the booking number and confirmation number, you are booked! Go for it and enjoy! I go 2/22 on the Independence of the Seas. I'll post an update when I get home and confirm.

Awesome. I am going to go for it! Did you get the OTW or the Beach Cabana??

Awesome. I am going to go for it! Did you get the OTW or the Beach Cabana??

Nellie's OTW. And hoping to get there early (read "first") so I can pick which one we want. I guess it's just a list and they start with 1...I have no qualms about saying "um, no, could we please have 4 <<as she slides a 10'r over his way>>;)

I was able to get 3 at the old price that way, and I made sure I took a screen shot of all 3 transactions. Fortunately, I was able to purchase these about a week before the price hike.

You might be able to ask the shore excursion desk when you board to pick a cabana location.

I was able to get 3 at the old price that way, and I made sure I took a screen shot of all 3 transactions. Fortunately, I was able to purchase these about a week before the price hike.

You might be able to ask the shore excursion desk when you board to pick a cabana location.

1...I'm completey jealous of you for that luck. and 2....I'm going to give that a try, talking to the excursions desk! Like my mom always used to say "worst they can do is say no".

1...I'm completey jealous of you for that luck. and 2....I'm going to give that a try, talking to the excursions desk! Like my mom always used to say "worst they can do is say no".

LOL, your mother is right -- and I say that all the time. Yes, it was "dumb lucky" that I got the lower price.

LOL, your mother is right -- and I say that all the time. Yes, it was "dumb lucky" that I got the lower price.

Sue (Lionesss) posted this earlier and put it all in perspective for me:

**I guess it depends on what you like or not. Enjoy your cabana!!! Our family would rather be busy with the jet ski and zip line so you got off easy. Our Labadee day will be costing us around $600. Enjoy**

With 6 in our cabana, all that like to relax and read or people watch or wade in the water, the cabana is a bargain at $495.

Sue (Lionesss) posted this earlier and put it all in perspective for me:

**I guess it depends on what you like or not. Enjoy your cabana!!! Our family would rather be busy with the jet ski and zip line so you got off easy. Our Labadee day will be costing us around $600. Enjoy**

With 6 in our cabana, all that like to relax and read or people watch or wade in the water, the cabana is a bargain at $495.

Enjoy Labadee! :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I did last week on Navigator...I had previously booked our cabana when they came available online in Sept. Then we went to the Excursions desk soon after we boarded and requested a specific cabana #. My first choice was already spoken for they told me, but I got my second choice. This was for a Nellie's OTW cabana. They acted like it was no problem to enter my preferred cabana into their system. Once we got to Nellie's Beach, they looked at a sheet and took us right to the cabana I'd asked for.

This is what I did last week on Navigator...I had previously booked our cabana when they came available online in Sept. Then we went to the Excursions desk soon after we boarded and requested a specific cabana #. My first choice was already spoken for they told me, but I got my second choice. This was for a Nellie's OTW cabana. They acted like it was no problem to enter my preferred cabana into their system. Once we got to Nellie's Beach, they looked at a sheet and took us right to the cabana I'd asked for.

How did you figure out what your preferred cabana was? Did you look at a map when you were at the excursion desk?

Edited by LisaT91403

How did you figure out what your preferred cabana was? Did you look at a map when you were at the excursion desk?

The Excursion desk staff didn't have any idea what the numbering set up was for the cabanas. Since we'd been to Nellie's previously, I kinda knew what we wanted. I'd remembered seeing a picture someone posted here on CC a while back with each one numbered. I Googled that real quick and could see what the number was where we wanted to be. I showed the person the picture I pulled up on my phone and she says "huh, that's good to know!"....

Another question- do all persons in the cabana need to be present to get wrist bands? We are on the zip line at 9am, so we were going to let my Dad get wristbands and head out to the cabana while we drop the kids off at the kids club and head to our excursion. Can he simply request 6 and then we can meet up with him to get them later?

I don't think we'll have enough time to go to the cabanas first, then drop the kids off at kids club, then head to the zip line for a 9am excursion...

Another question- do all persons in the cabana need to be present to get wrist bands? We are on the zip line at 9am, so we were going to let my Dad get wristbands and head out to the cabana while we drop the kids off at the kids club and head to our excursion. Can he simply request 6 and then we can meet up with him to get them later?

I don't think we'll have enough time to go to the cabanas first, then drop the kids off at kids club, then head to the zip line for a 9am excursion...

Each person can just check-in whenever they get to the cabana area. You all don't have to show up together. It appeared there was a "supervisor" who had the check-in list to check off names as they showed up and then another guy who will be your cabana "attendant" who will show you to your cabana...the only "wristband" I recall was for the upgraded lunch buffet at Barefoot Beach which the attendant brought around to put on our wrists about mid-morning...hope that helps.

Which cabana numbers are the most popular? More importantly, are there any to avoid?

We've had #7 and #8 at Nellie's beach and enjoyed their locations. Both of these have direct access to the water via steps without having to climb down a ladder to get in the water. They also have a great view of the ship. If a ladder would present problems for anyone in your group you'd want to try to avoid #5 and #6. I'm pretty sure #3 and #4 also utilize a ladder for water access.

Can anyone clarify for me the current pricing on the Cruise Planner. Is it still that you only check one person in your group to reserve the cabanas or have they changed it where they're charging for each person in your party using the cabana?? I just looked and saw an OTW Nellie's cabana for next November at $255...now if that's per person, I'm no longer interested, but wanted to make sure...figured I'd get a more accurate answer here than calling RCCL:rolleyes:...thanks