Quantum of the Seas - Maiden Transatlantic Voyage - Nov 2-10, 2014 - Live Report

jv_nyc

Please can you people bicker about food on another thread? thx

You've got to be kidding. What are you some sort of a censor Czar. RCL announced DD with such fanfare and now it is not living up to expectation. I'm not interested in what you think, this is an open forum and the OP is giving a birds-eye view of the ship, entertainment, cabins and of course the dining aspect.

Tracy, thanks for posting your pictures on Shutterfly. I see they still don't grasp the idea of bigger benches in the accessible bathrooms. Can I say what a brilliant job the reporters are doing under extreme pressure of next to useless wifi. Keep up the good work and looking forward to more reviews and photos. So so pleased for Greg and Eve. I know he put so much into his moment. Regards, Daz. :D

Podgeandrodge what room did you take the balcony photo from? We will be in 6658 on deck 6 and I have been concerned with what kind of obstruction we will have and your room seems to be in a similar area just on deck 7.

Yep, just above you, I'll take a couple of photos later to give you a better idea, obviously you might more obstruction being on deck 6 but I don't think it'll be bad in any way.

My mate has a normal cabin, I have to say I prefer the E1. It's not as long, but wider so lots of room and wide balcony.

Thank you to whomever posted the cigar area.

There are some pictures on the North Star Bar in the shutterfly album. If anyone has some of the seating area, especially if there are any covered sections, I would appreciate it.

With all the lovely reviews of the restaurants, I'm going to try to change one of our reservations to Jamie's Italian. It made me hungry just reading it.

Please continue to have a lovely time! And thanks for being so generous with your time on board.

I'd like to know about the accessibility of 270 for those in a wheelchair or scooter. From the pictures that I've seen it looks like there are many staircases in the lower level but I did not see any ramps. Also, does the upper level connect to the lower level by ramp?

If someone has the time would you please count all the loose throw pillows on all the sofas and chairs on the ship? :rolleyes:

Thanks so much!

Hey Denise! Hope your continuing to do well since Allure. This might be a good question for the special needs group at RC. I know their email is on the crown and anchor site. But this is a good enough question someone will probably make note and report.

I also booked my dinner reservations based on what was on the menus. I have Crohn's and need to be careful of what I eat. Even for land based restaurants, I always check out the menu on a new place before I would go. I would be very disappointed if I went to a restaurant on land or at sea if the menu was changed.

I also booked my dinner reservations based on what was on the menus. I have Crohn's and need to be careful of what I eat. Even for land based restaurants, I always check out the menu on a new place before I would go. I would be very disappointed if I went to a restaurant on land or at sea if the menu was changed.

This is a new dining concept and new restaurants. I am not going to lock myself into some particular place based on some menus that may, and likely will, change as they fine-tune the offerings. I reserved one night in each restaurant. After that, we will reserve further nights on-board based on which we like best.

There are some pictures on the North Star Bar in the shutterfly album. If anyone has some of the seating area, especially if there are any covered sections, I would appreciate it.

There is a covered area at the Northstar bar but it's just over the bar itself, not over the loungers. I'll have to see if I can find a pic to put on Shutterfly. I was huddling under it yesterday when I was waiting in the Northstar queue and it started to mist rain. lol.

Tracy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Obviously Quantum has some unique dining choices. My guess is that getting the right provisions to England for the TA cruise may have been an issue. Once she is "home" in Bayonne, perhaps they will have the correct food items to match the website menus.

There is a covered area at the Northstar bar but it's just over the bar itself, not over the loungers. I'll have to see if I can find a pic to put on Shutterfly. I was huddling under it yesterday when I was waiting in the Northstar queue and it started to mist rain. lol.

Tracy

Thanks Tracy. I'll keep an eye on the album. We have a lot of friends we hang out with in the cigar lounges on the Voyager class ships and have been looking forward to seeing them on the Quantum. Cigars don't like to get wet so hopefully we won't have an issue.

Sorry to add to this...but...one of our cigar friends uses a scooter. Is this area accessable?

Obviously Quantum has some unique dining choices. My guess is that getting the right provisions to England for the TA cruise may have been an issue. Once she is "home" in Bayonne, perhaps they will have the correct food items to match the website menus.

Why would they bring provisions tO England when they have their own warehouses over here to supply their ships whilst in UK?

I know they do for some items like your wondeful beef but if they can source ingredients over here and save money they will.

There are ramps along the sides but you can only get down a certain way. you can't get all the way down to floor level. also, there is an accessible elevator to get up to the upper level in Two70.

and just for you... 13,428.25. :eek::D

Tracy

Thank you Tracy!

Hey Denise! Hope your continuing to do well since Allure. This might be a good question for the special needs group at RC. I know their email is on the crown and anchor site. But this is a good enough question someone will probably make note and report.

Hi Bill...I got the answer in a previous post so I'll tell you the rest on our Allure thread. :)

I am supremely thankful for those onboard using their time and wifi to respond.

But as a humble, non diamond, non suite cruiser, any chance of info on inside or standard balcony rooms and less suites and diamond breakfasts?

Is everybody on this thead in a Royal Suite? I feel so lowely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am supremely thankful for those onboard using their time and wifi to respond.

But as a humble, non diamond, non suite cruiser, any chance of info on inside or standard balcony rooms and less suites and diamond breakfasts?

Is everybody on this thead in a Royal Suite? I feel so lowely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL......no, not me! LOL;)