Is Concierge Class on the Silhouette W0rth it?

trio on the move

Just come back from Constellation cruise in a concierge balcony, our first Celebrity cruise. Only had the upgraded canin because of a special low price we managed to pick up. If I had paid the price the cabin went up to after we had booked, I would have been really disappointed.

No real benefit in paying extra for the cabin over a balcony cabin.

No priority embarkation as we arrived just before the cut off time.

No priority in booking tables.

Waited normal time for luggage.

No pillow menu.

No plus sized bath towels.

No second hairdryer (not that we needed one).

Do not drink sparkling wine so exchanged it after a great deal of bother for a red wine which was completely undrinkable and was poured down the sink.

Canapes are nasty.

Binoculars were used but fortunately not umbrella.

Had two tote bags, one ordinary and one of better quality.

Fruit plate was not really worth having.

How about the larger cabin, no benefit there?

How about the larger cabin, no benefit there?

The larger cabin equates to about 18" of added depth. Not a HUGE part of the decision making process I don't think. Basically just means there was room for a side table next to the sofa bed.

And Larger cabin only applies to the M class ships (as was their cruise on Connie). S class, the cabins are same size as standard verandas.

On the M class ships we've almost always chosen a Concierge class cabin as we found the price difference was worth it. Plus, in the past we'd often booked early enough to get one of the M class aft C1 cabins which are in high demand due to the large verandas.

On the S class we've decided that the CC cabins are not worth extra to us personally. We pick our cabins based on location and usually we can do as well or better in a standard veranda. If a CC cabin happens to be in the preferred location we'll book it if the price difference is small enough but we would not book one if we preferred a standard cabin location more. As others have said the cabin and veranda size on the S class ships are the same for CC cabins as they are for standard veranda cabins. If both a CC and standard veranda cabin had equally attractive locations we might book the CC cabin even if the cost was higher but I can not state an absolute amount that would be the threshold. It would depend a lot on the itinerary length, total budget for the cruise and other factors at the time.

I do share Cle-Guy's view that Aqua Class is a different matter entirely due to the privilege of dining at Blu. Since we do like Blu (not everyone does) we'd consider Aqua Class before CC class unless we were cruising with friends who had a cabin that did not offer access to Blu.

Edited by Lsimon

Also Aqua cabins, in my opinion, are in the absolute worst location on the ship, but Celebrity has marketed them well - they couldn't give those cabins away before, so they added Blu, upped the price, and now they are all booked!!! I tip my hat to their marketing department.

Yep, Celebrity learned that on the M Class ships with the introduction of Concierge Class. For years those cabins were a bear to unload (huge overhang, under the pool deck) so they created Concierge Class, made people think they were special and they often became the first cabins to be booked. The only time we've sailed CC was when we could secure an aft CC or the larger cabins on Deck 6 among the suites. Those are great cabins (only thing better, and priced less usually, are the FV on the M class).

I recently booked concierge class on a December sailing on the Silhouette.

I was fully aware of the additional perks and the fact that the cabin is not any larger than a regular balcony. However, I have not read any positive posts about the benefits of this class of accommodation and am hoping that someone found it to be worth the money. We payed approximately a 100 per person extra.

I did not found it worth for our family. Only sparkling wine would make difference in reality but I am sure it's not cost 200$ extra ) I would book it only if I could not find reg. balcony in good location .

I like the larger bath towels in Concierge. I would get a CC is price difference is minimal.

I usually bring my own binoculars and small umbrella

Gail

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The 'larger' bath towels we had on Constellation were hardly any bigger than the normal towels which we were given for the first couple of days 😔

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I did not found it worth for our family. Only sparkling wine would make difference in reality but I am sure it's not cost 200$ extra ) I would book it only if I could not find reg. balcony in good location .

For $37 (no gratuity either) you can order Domain Chandon thru Gifts By celebrity and have it waiting for you. Much nicer than the fee stuff they leave behind.

Or Perrier Jouet for $72, of for the $200 saved, go all out for the Dom at $201 per bottle. :D

I stick with the Domain Chandon.

I think they sell the free stuff on board for like $25 a bottle.

CC is not worth any extra money for us. We don't need or care about the extra cruise points. We either book veranda or Aqua Class.

We love Aqua for BLU. If AQ is available for a reasonable price we would always book Aqua. None of the CC perks however are worth the price for us.