Question for Floridians

sapphire_407

Floridian cruisers, I'm leaving on the Breeze tomorrow for 8 days. Port of Miami parking now is $20.00 per day. That is really expensive. Have any of you ever tried these parking garages for cruisers that shuttle you back and forth to the port? Any suggestions?

I've used "Safe Cruise Parking" three times, with good results so far. They do NOT have a garage, but park in an open lot, which is all fenced, outside. Shuttle service has been acceptable, with the maximum wait about 10-15 minutes. Beats the $20 per day charged at the port, and as noted above, I've had no problems. Their lot is about a ten minute ride to the ship from their lot. Pretty close.

"SKY"

I've never used them but if you look them up on Yelp there are plenty of reviews. I have used the Port of Miami parking garage and can tell you that it is great and yes, pricey. However, there's a ton of cops there all day long and you know no one will do anything to the car. Plus, the parking spaces are wide and covered. If you decide to park at the port, get there early to make sure you get a spot. Not all cruises leave at the same time, so the garages will always have a level of occupancy. I'm doing the same itinerary as you in November, would be nice if you can post a review of the ship and ports upon your return. Safe travels and enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Mr305

There are a LOT of reviews on the Miami board about off site parking. Of course everyone has opinions, but they seemed pretty similar. I'd check those out for a good perspective. We leave from POM in Nov and I think I'm leaning toward $20/day :eek:

Last year I went on the Breeze and parked offsite in Miami and I can tell you I would never do it again. It was like $8 a day which was great and nothing happened to my car, but the shuttle service was awful. I dropped everyone and the luggage off at the port and drove to the lot. I got there and there was a line of about 150 people waiting to get in there vans. I waited for an hour and a half constantly being told were getting more vans and sorry its a busy day. Finally I just called a cab as there was still about 60 people infront of me and it was 2:00 pm and I parked at 12:15. After the cruise I didn't even look for their shuttle and just got in the line for the cabs and can tell you I was the first person there and by the time I loaded up my car and everyone got settled the first van still wasn't at the garage. Now I just look at the cost of parking as part of my cruise. If the cruise is $49 pppd and 2 of us are going I now just assume its $59 a day pppd because at port parking is so much easier and your right there

Thanks Skymaster. I will check them out. It almost makes sense to just book a room somewhere in Miami that provides free parking while you cruise. I may try that on the next cruise from that port.

We stayed at Quality inn and suites just a couple of weeks ago before our cruise on the Breeze. $85 a night for room, free shuttle to port, and leave you car parked there for free. Can't beat that price!!

Pat

Safecruise was good. I would avoid Premier Parking. We paid in advance and when we arrived at the address they gave us it was an empty lot. Later learned they had moved to a lot several blocks away, but never told us. There was no sign saying "we moved". NOTHING! Ended up at Safecruise Parking as they were right next door to where Premier had formerly been. Didn't want to pay twice, but also didn't want to miss our cruise so we took what we could get. Later disputed Premier Parking's charge through credit card company and won. . .but what a headache!!!!