Britannia Features 'Multi-Sensory' Menus

CCFC

Looking at the Epicurean menu it looks virtually identical to the XVll menu and the same price as well,

Not sure why it would be a different price as it holds the same relative position in the dining hierarchy. Slightly disappointing if the menu has not been independently thought out though.

Surely all these posts just go to show that different things suit different people. We have eaten in XVII on Azura four times now (£28pp when we were on last) and have loved each time and thought it well worth the charge. We have also eaten in Sindhu - we're not fans of Indian food but thought we'd give it a go. It's not for us - the food was beautifully presented, the service was great, but isn't to our taste but we're glad we tried it. Other people think it's lovely which is quite understandable.

With the different restaurants advertised on Britannia it's giving passengers a lot of choice. Some will stick to the MDR or buffet for various reasons and that's fine. Others will try everything that's on offer and that's fine too. I don't understand why some people seem critical of the Select Dining Restaurants - it's up to each passenger - try them - or not! One thing is certain - no-one will go hungry.

On Ventura we used the Beach House quite a lot. The £5 supplement was worth it to us for the quieter relaxed atmosphere and the "less fussy" food choice. A waiter told us that it was the Captain's favourite eaterie - a man of taste!

That's how I feel about it. How different can it be?

Chalk and Cheese! This thread has got a bit muddled between Select dining restaurants in general and the one and only fine dining restaurant that each ship has. There's nothing at all wrong with the main dining rooms, but food and service are 3 to 4 star hotel equivalents. The Select dining restaurants (Sindhu, Horizon Grill etc) move it up a notch with good quality restaurant food and more personalised service. The fine dining restaurants are in another league altogether. P&O put their very best staff in these. If associated with a named chef, they are trained by their top team. Food quality, presentation and service rival the very best land based restaurants including, from my experience, Michelin star ones. Whilst the £28 per head is indeed an extra cost (as pointed out by others) it is, in my humble opinion, superb value for money.

Chalk and Cheese! This thread has got a bit muddled between Select dining restaurants in general and the one and only fine dining restaurant that each ship has. There's nothing at all wrong with the main dining rooms, but food and service are 3 to 4 star hotel equivalents. The Select dining restaurants (Sindhu, Horizon Grill etc) move it up a notch with good quality restaurant food and more personalised service. The fine dining restaurants are in another league altogether. P&O put their very best staff in these. If associated with a named chef, they are trained by their top team. Food quality, presentation and service rival the very best land based restaurants including, from my experience, Michelin star ones. Whilst the £28 per head is indeed an extra cost (as pointed out by others) it is, in my humble opinion, superb value for money.

I agree you cannot compare Sindhu/East/Beachhouse/The Glass House with Seventeen/The White Room however weve been to the two latter restaurants and found them a little style over substance. The menus are somewhat dated, like 1990s good restaurants and Vegetarian options are poor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im a bit confused as on their website when viewing Britannia Marco is shown as a 'food hero' and yet he does not have an outlet on Britannia

The reason that he is quoted as a Food Hero is because he has developed some dishes for the main dining rooms and my understanding is that there will be MCP themed menus on occasion, probably formal nights.

I agree you cannot compare Sindhu/East/Beachhouse/The Glass House with Seventeen/The White Room however weve been to the two latter restaurants and found them a little style over substance. The menus are somewhat dated, like 1990s good restaurants and Vegetarian options are poor.

Fine dining certainly isn't for everyone and I quite understand why most people are more than happy to stick with the free stuff. Can't comment on the vegetarian options, not being one, although colleagues at work who are seem never to be impressed with the veggie choices anywhere, so I can't imagine that it would ever be money well spent if that's your thing. The menu in Epicurean certainly can't be accused of being dated however.

One other aspect of the fine dining restaurants that we haven't mentioned is that they are seas of calmness and serenity compared to the hustle and bustle of the main dining rooms and even the other select dining venues. That's a big plus for us. It's an exclusive experience. Something to be cherished when you are on holiday with over 3,000 other passengers!

Fine dining certainly isn't for everyone and I quite understand why most people are more than happy to stick with the free stuff. Can't comment on the vegetarian options, not being one, although colleagues at work who are seem never to be impressed with the veggie choices anywhere, so I can't imagine that it would ever be money well spent if that's your thing. The menu in Epicurean certainly can't be accused of being dated however.

One other aspect of the fine dining restaurants that we haven't mentioned is that they are seas of calmness and serenity compared to the hustle and bustle of the main dining rooms and even the other select dining venues. That's a big plus for us. It's an exclusive experience. Something to be cherished when you are on holiday with over 3,000 other passengers!

No I think the Epicurean looks lovel, I was referring to The White Room/Seventeen.

Whilst the £28 per head is indeed an extra cost (as pointed out by others) it is, in my humble opinion, superb value for money.

Agree - especially when I think of the cost of the additional restaurants on Celebrity. I think they are now about 50 dollars per person extra. They're great but that seems to be getting too expensive.:)

Agree - especially when I think of the cost of the additional restaurants on Celebrity. I think they are now about 50 dollars per person extra. They're great but that seems to be getting too expensive.:)

Tuscan grill on Celebrity is $40 or £27 so less than the top price P&O restaurant plus weve never paid the full price on Celebrity as 30-50% discount is offered if asked for. Bistro on Five on Celebrity is $7.50 or $5. However I do think the price of Sindhu/East and The Glass House is very good value.

Tuscan grill on Celebrity is $40 or £27 so less than the top price P&O restaurant plus weve never paid the full price on Celebrity as 30-50% discount is offered if asked for. Bistro on Five on Celebrity is $7.50 or $5. However I do think the price of Sindhu/East and The Glass House is very good value.

On Celebrity we usually book an Aqua Class cabin that in effect gives you a speciality dining experience with more attentive staff at a time of your choosing in a more select venue every night.

On Celebrity we usually book an Aqua Class cabin that in effect gives you a speciality dining experience with more attentive staff at a time of your choosing in a more select venue every night.

Indeed it does however dependant on the sailing the additional cost for Aqua (to eat in Blu) can be more than the cost of eating in the Speciality Restaurants each evening.

I wish P&O would offer discounts or a dining package where you could buy x number of meals in a speciality restaurant at a discount. When we have eaten in XVII or The White Room its never been full.

But you pay what we consider a LOT of money to upgrade to AQ Class.

Yeah it's not cheap but the whole Aqua package is appreciated by the OH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was quick - ;)

We have looked at AQ class on the Eclipse but don't fancy Norway in August. Want something warmer. :)

AQ on the Silhouette in the Eastern Med was out of our price range the last few times. It meant the difference between just one holiday or another holiday during the year! :eek:

One day perhaps ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Good job we are all different sounds fantastic and cannot wait to eat in Epicurean to celebrate my birthday on Maiden cruise.

It's my birthday when we are on the Maiden Caribbean. I imagine the DW will treat me to all of the speciality resturants at least twice. I think she will, probably, perhaps.

Menu's look interesting.:D