Is Westerdam the best "Dam" ship? Panama Canal review posted - long & detailed!

StartrainDD

Greetings HAL cruisers! My log/review of our 15 day Westerdam Panama Canal crossing has been posted. It is long and detailed. If you want the summary just scroll down to the end.

This was our third sailing on Westerdam. I will check back in case there are any questions.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=264469

Fair winds and smooth seas to you all!

Looks like the link won't work from a Canadian IP address or something? I couldn't get the link to work either!

The link is what cruise critic sent me. Alternatively, click on "Reviews" in the mast-head up above, then select member reviews, then select "Westerdam" under ships. The review is too long to copy and paste here.

Thank you! Arie

Thank you for posting the review and being kind enough to share it with our roll call as well :D

Great review. I was really pleased to see your comments on Julio in Corinto since we will be using him as well.

It's nice to hear you were so happy with the ship. The last time we were on, we were pleased as well and we are looking forward to being back on in April.

Thanks again:D

The link is what cruise critic sent me. Alternatively, click on "Reviews" in the mast-head up above, then select member reviews, then select "Westerdam" under ships. The review is too long to copy and paste here.

Thank you! Arie

Thank you.

This link worked and I was able to enjoy reading your review.

Can you share the names of the tour companies you used for this itinerary? We are going on this same trip in February and have been looking for private tours. It looks like a great trip!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you share the names of the tour companies you used for this itinerary? We are going on this same trip in February and have been looking for private tours. It looks like a great trip!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Stephanie!

Cartagena: Duran Duran private day tours

Costa Rica: Odyssey day tours

Nicaragua: Julio tours

Guatemala: Go with Gus

We did the two Mexico ports on our own. In Huatulco, there are many people waiting as to get off the pier selling a variety of land or boat tours. The initial price quoted is likely twice what they will actually accept (that was our experience). The cabs in Huatulco are really small and can only carry "Two" American sized people.

In Puerto Vallerta we took advice on the ports of call board and used the public bus. Quite an experience but incredibly inexpensive, and we certainly got a glimpse of the local life.

Enjoy!