Sanctuary menu

lovevacadays

I was just on Princess in April with my daughter. The Sanctuary is the adults only 18 and over, area of the spa. It is out doors with a few cabanas for massages, (which I believe have the same $ as the spa). The sanctuary has lounge chairs, with very thick cushions, and they provide head phones with relaxing music, and provide healthy snacks, at a fee, along with steward service. There is a fee for use of the Sanctuary. You can use for 1/2 a day or full day.

I looked on Princess' website for the menu at the Sanctuary. I couldn't find it. Does anyone have a copy of the menu they can post?

I'm not sure how to post pictures here. Do you know how? Check Messenger :)

The menu looks good. I never ordered anything though. I love the Sanctuary.

Don't worry about the weather. The attendants have lots of blankets and will move you around if you want a more protected lounger.

Michelle, just messaged a copy of the menu to you. Hopefully, you can blow it up to read it. If not, I'll write it out for you. :)

Don't worry about the weather. The attendants have lots of blankets and will move you around if you want a more protected lounger.

Michelle, just messaged a copy of the menu to you. Hopefully, you can blow it up to read it. If not, I'll write it out for you. :)

Yes, they gave me several blankets so I was toasty. I rented a lounger for the entire 3 day cruise. Relaxing :)

If you book for the full cruise, there is no charge. I just got off the grand and loved the sanctuary

how does everyone handing tipping? (I gave to each person at the end)

No charge? Do you mean no charge for the food if you book the sanctuary for the entire cruise? We were on the Sapphire for a 4 day cruise in February and we booked the Sanctuary only 2 afternoons. However, they were constantly bringing around plates of vegetables, sandwiches, desserts, etc. - at no charge.

Same as you tipping wise.

I assume you mean no $3 service charge? They were supposed to charge us back on the Island but they rarely did. The purpose of the charge is more to keep people from running the stewards ragged than anything (they don't have direct galley access, to get you something other than the spa menu they stand in line like a passenger)

If you book for the full cruise, there is no charge. I just got off the grand and loved the sanctuary

how does everyone handing tipping? (I gave to each person at the end)

It'll probably be way too cold to use the Sanctuary... If I'm not mistaken, you're going on one of the 3 day cruise? You'll probably be the only one up there. As you should know, weather won't be warm off the California coast, and probably not even in Ensenada.

I have lived in California my whole life. I am aware of what the weather will be like.

Edited by MichelleinOC

Yes, they gave me several blankets so I was toasty. I rented a lounger for the entire 3 day cruise. Relaxing :)

Thanks Linda.

Here's a copy of the menu

Thank you for your kindness

3ba17b01-80c6-4e8c-a1a1-f3e1bf980593_zps155069f3.jpg

a13f9080-ff41-4180-b049-831a5af33167_zpsb99b7e06.jpg

Thanks almost everyone for your help. Thanks Pam, I appreciate you sending it via messenger.

Edited by MichelleinOC

• 2 months later...

I keep reading and getting more confused. Please help me IF you have used the Sanctuary.

1. Is tipping expected? How do you handle it? How much?

2. Is there any extra charge if you eat only from the spa foods offered and drink water, lemonade, and iced tea? (I'm assuming some drink is complimentary).

3. Are smoothies and drinks from the menu charged and paid for the same way bar drinks are?

Any other charges I'm missing (other than the daily charge; that I get).

Trying to make planning decisions for this cruise - on a tight budget this time.

Thanks so much!!

• Like 1

I just sailed on the Star Princess and bought the Sanctuary Package. Here are my thoughts, if you are sailing on a warm weather cruise, it might be worth it. What you need to know however, is the Sanctuary is at the very top of the ship, and in the very front of the ship, it is VERY Windy there, and cool. There are also only a few sunny spots. You choose the location you want, for your entire stay and if they are not busy, you can change locations. I did not have to pay for lunch, I did however have to pay a $3 service fee. You do receive, high tea daily. A nice plate with approximately 4 sandwiches, 4 desserts, and some scones with cream and jam. The attendants are very accommodating, and are there to get you whatever you need. If you can pay daily, I think I would choose that option.

I just sailed on the Star Princess and bought the Sanctuary Package. Here are my thoughts, if you are sailing on a warm weather cruise, it might be worth it. What you need to know however, is the Sanctuary is at the very top of the ship, and in the very front of the ship, it is VERY Windy there, and cool. There are also only a few sunny spots. You choose the location you want, for your entire stay and if they are not busy, you can change locations. I did not have to pay for lunch, I did however have to pay a $3 service fee. You do receive, high tea daily. A nice plate with approximately 4 sandwiches, 4 desserts, and some scones with cream and jam. The attendants are very accommodating, and are there to get you whatever you need. If you can pay daily, I think I would choose that option.

We didn't get any scones:(

I keep reading and getting more confused. Please help me IF you have used the Sanctuary.

2. Is there any extra charge if you eat only from the spa foods offered and drink water' date=' lemonade, and iced tea? (I'm assuming some drink is complimentary).

3. Are smoothies and drinks from the menu charged and paid for the same way bar drinks are?

Trying to make planning decisions for this cruise - on a tight budget this time.[/quote']Greetings from the Sanctuary on the Crown Princess. We are in Santa Barbara today. It's cool but they have blankets.

1. Tipping is not required although it's nice if you do tip as they're very attentive, bringing you pillows, blankets, etc.

2. Beverages are charged exactly as they are elsewhere on the ship. If you have a soda or other beverage package, no charge. They will bring you whatever you want. If you don't have a beverage package of some sort, you'll be charged. Water, etc. are free. There's a $3/pp delivery charge for food ordered. Just ordered a hot dog and a slice of pizza. :)

3. See above. If you don't have a beverage package that includes smoothies and drinks, you'll be charged as usual.

Edited by Pam in CA

2. Is there any extra charge if you eat only from the spa foods offered and drink water' date=' lemonade, and iced tea? (I'm assuming some drink is complimentary).

Trying to make planning decisions for this cruise - on a tight budget this time.

Thanks so much!![/quote']

I will say right upfront tipping is not expected; HOWEVER; we were on 3 10 day B2Bs, didn't order drinks or food but I tipped, and there were like 6-7 of them $10 each for each of the three 10 day cruises. They seemed to appreciate it. I didn't notice anyone else tipping in my area during 30 days. You have to do what you feel is right to you. We feel that makes a big difference to them and it the realm of our vacation, it is a small portion. We always allow at least $100-$150 per day extra in additional tips over and above the ship's gratuities. No we are no rich by far; however, we feel we treat people as we want to be treated. I would think if you are on a tight budget like you said anything you would give would be appreciated.

We never got food from there...always went to MDR or room service; however, in the afternoon they do tea with small sandwiches, etc. Very nice, we did it the last day.

Being on a budget, you know how difficult it can be. We feel if we save for vacation, I just cut everything out all year to tip appropriately and not skimp. Put in a jar all the going out to eat, etc. and it adds up quick.

You will definitely enjoy the Sanctuary, guaranteed.