Emerald Princess at Port Evergaldes

dmwnc1959

Cool pic! And yeah, all those folks with the obstructed cabins will be boarding, looking out the window and saying "hey, it's not obstructed at all...". :p

No passengers should be boarding in Fort Lauderdale today on the Emerald Princess, as next port is Houston, her homeport for the winter.

Some of the TA passengers will have gotten off, though.

She must be running a lifeboat inspection, or testing a new design where all the lifeboats hang over the edge of the ship like Norwegian Getaway. (j/k) ;)

Anyhoo, all of the obstructed ocean view cabins are temporarily unobstructed! lol

15554856628_b2225f5af9_c.jpg

Inage courtesy of http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com

:D

Wondering if maybe they are doing some cable inspections after the recent accident.

Why was she doing a TA?
Because she was sailing in Europe during the summer. The info I saw had the Emerald sailing from Southampton to the Mediterranean and northern Europe. Edited by geoherb

We were on the cruise just before the TA and many of the folks we cruised with stayed on for the TA. I know that they provided incentives for passengers to stay on to Houston since they couldn't board anyone in Ft Lauderdale. Those staying on will have a unique experience since the ship will have such a light occupancy. Wish we could have sailed all the way to Houston too.

Edited by azbirdmom

We are on the Emerald sailing to Houston. Internet in mid morning actually works. I could easily do my run on the Promenade this morning. Ship is nice and quiet. Yesterday was hectic with CG inspection and delayed immigration. Most crowded breakfast in Horizon that I had ever seen.