la patisserie

smoosh21

I am just wondering if anyone on the maiden voyage paid for any of the pastries that they had for sale at the la patisserie. They seemed to be very similar to the pastries given for free at other locations, so I am not sure why anyone would pay

I am just wondering if anyone on the maiden voyage paid for any of the pastries that they had for sale at the la patisserie. They seemed to be very similar to the pastries given for free at other locations, so I am not sure why anyone would pay

I wouldn't say the pastries and other items available in La Patisserie are exactly the same as available from other venues on the ship. La Patisserie has items like French Macarons, Petit Fours, Chocolate Truffles, etc.

1z23mhj.jpg

I wouldn't say the pastries and other items available in La Patisserie are exactly the same as available from other venues on the ship. La Patisserie has items like French Macarons, Petit Fours, Chocolate Truffles, etc.

Tyler80 - do you happen to recall how much your box of treats cost? (Trying to get an idea of the price range... I do love a good macaron!!)

I had one crew member refer to La Patisserie as 'Starbucks' and they seemed to have Starbucks cups there and I never really figured out the connection.

I think what was interesting was the amount of space given to this specialty venue for the level of sales they seemed to have. Café Promenade right across from La Patisserie seemed to be downgraded from the one on Oasis class.

I did not purchase anything here, but noticed price signage in the cases for $1 and $2 items.

This venue seemed to be popular with officers and staff along with those from the home office that were onboard the sailing.

While La Patisserie was listed in the 'Coffee' section of the Dining Guide of the Cruise Compass along with Café Promenade and the Windjammer with daily opening hours of 7am to 11pm, it was also listed in the snack section with SeaPlex Doghouse, Sorrento's and Johnny Rockets.

La Patisserie was listed on the 'As you Depart' schedule from 5am to 9am on disembarkation morning and the $ to indicate specialty for fee was missing. I went by and did not see anything offered outside the normal daily offering.

I had one crew member refer to La Patisserie as 'Starbucks' and they seemed to have Starbucks cups there and I never really figured out the connection.

There is no Starbucks stand alone kiosk on Quantum but Starbucks is available in La Patisserie. That is the Starbucks connection to La Patisserie.

La Patisserie is Quantum's equivalent to the Cupcake Cupboard and is probably Royal Caribbean's answer to other high end candy and coffee shops found on other lines.

Give me the Starbucks on oasis any day over this option. It's missing something. The two servers seemed either overwhelmed or not used to starbucks offerings. I got 3 of the same lattes over 3 days and each one tasted totally different. I finally gave up and went to two 70 and got them.

At the end of the C&A galley tour we were offered chocolate dipped strawberries and little petits fours I had never seen on any of our RCI cruises. It was a little chocolate ball which burst with melted chocolate inside.I found them in La patisserie at 1$ per item.