GAPearl Goes Solo on the Splendor! 11/1/14 SJU-MIA Repo Cruise Review.

gapearl

0221ed10-d6c3-4bf1-91ee-1c749be7a56f_zps80f25197.jpg

Love the dress and the shoes.:D I notice you are not wearing a sweater in the evening. On most ships I find that it is always freezing in the dining room, comedy club, etc... so I am always ruining my dresses with a darn sweater. I even gave up on dresses a couple of nights on my last cruise because I was so cold. How was it on the Splendor?

GEORGIA PEARL! I love your reviews! The lady picking up her sail and sign card at the counter next to me clearly recognized me. I don't remember her name and don't believe I saw her any more all cruise, but if you're reading hey girlfriend!!!

Hi Kim! That would be me. It was so nice to meet you, if only for a second. :) Too bad we didn't see each other again, but hopefully on a future cruise. Keep up the rockin' reviews! :D

Debbie

Captain Mike blowing the ship's horn. haha

2c2c0790-bb94-4d2a-9c47-004178b1b43f_zps5a41f0e1.jpg

]

Kim, how cool is this. We sailed with Capt. Mike on the Jolly Roger back in 1998, when we visited St. Croix on the then brand new Destiny. I remember him blowing the conch shell back then. Glad he is still there and doing well!!

Sorry for the hijack.

D0251.jpg

D0281.jpg

D0311.jpg

D0321.jpg

Edited by Jamman54

Tonight was our first elegant night at dinner. I had late dining at 8:15 pm and was at table #333 in the Gold Pearl Restaurant, deck 3 aft. I got lucky and was at a table with some great people! There were two fun ladies from New Jersey, CC member blueangel74 (Monicia) and her sister from Louisiana (both of them were on the catamaran today), a solo man from Atlanta, and then there's Harold, another solo gentleman who was staying on the ship for 3 weeks. Jamman54 mentioned him in his review as they were seated together on his cruise. All I'll say is that he was an "interesting" guy and leave it at that.

At least you got his name, as we got nothing out of him. We called him the bookworm, because he brought a book with him every where he went. Are you going to tell us the story how you almost went at it with him? :D

So, most of the shoes I brought were new. I don't know why I didn't break them in beforehand. :eek: Too bad you couldn't join us on this one. The itinerary was probably my favorite s far. Enjoy the rest!

Aww, well I hope your feet weren't hurting too bad. I really wish I could have joined you all, looks like it was a great cruise!! Enjoying this review!!!

Also, I'm doing a B2B on the Breeze next September, and I can't wait for that one. I enjoyed your review of that ship as well. :)

Here it is ladies, my dress and those shoes! I bought this dress in Vegas and remember thinking it would have been fun to wear if I happened to be there with a significant other and on the spur of the moment got married by Elvis. However that wasn't meant to be for this dress, as I've been stuck in Singletown for quite a long time now, so I brought it with me on the cruise. :)

0221ed10-d6c3-4bf1-91ee-1c749be7a56f_zps80f25197.jpg

Dem shoes tho!!! Love them :)

My minibar area.

04e4c9e1-b419-47e2-b9e4-3682d7b1a25e_zps1643a868.jpg

A full drawer of makeup and jewelry....

772a9b86-a994-45e8-9d6f-1567b675d495_zpsf76176b4.jpg

Only 7 pair of heels....

148dcf9f-588d-4a9c-aca2-610258fa29ab_zps0d52795c.jpg

A closet for casual clothes....

8262744f-6441-4cb8-9161-eb88c825bbf9_zpsf2e408a8.jpg

And a closet for dressy clothes.

f3a89382-dcc8-438a-9342-80757747b929_zpsaa82bcb7.jpg

One of the perks of cruising solo is having all the closets to yourself. I brought an extra 10 pack of hangers and used every one in addition to the ones provided. I already admitted I'm a princess. Not a diva, but definitely a princess. ;) LOL

You are the daughter I never had. I also have a whole drawer full of makeup and jewelry, a packed closet, and extra hangers. I take lots of shoes AND purses. But my shoes no longer have those high heels. Yours are to die for. If I didn't have Arthritis I'd be wearing them too. If you ever sail in an OS category you'll just die at all the closet space AND a full chest of drawers.

I love this review, you are too funny! Now I have to go and read your others! Thanks for posting your experiences and glad you had such a great time!

Heyyyy! Welcome to the party! :D

YAY another GA Pearl review. I was going through with drawls!

I flew through Atalanta last month and thought of you. Was hoping to run into you but no such luck. Maybe one day we will cross paths.. And I know I will be Yelling -- GA PEARL :D

Well your withdrawals are over and you can get your "fix" lol. You never know, we sure could cross paths one day! :)

Oh yeah we are going to Port of Call on Friday night with some friends for dinner. They are friends who live in New Orleans and we met them in April when we did the repositioning cruise.

And you are so right the MONSOON is a strong drink but oh so yummy.

What is Snug Harbor??

Snug Harbor is a little hole in the wall bar in the Quarter. There might be a band playing but's really not a place to sit and stay for an extended time because it's so small. It's more of a place where you grab you drink and go walk around. Make sure you mention it in your review if you happen to find it. :D

Thank you Kim. There isn't really a speedy recovery with what my dad is going through but it's the hand were dealt and we have to deal with it. My dad is my best friend so we are going to go now while we still can and enjoy every minute together [emoji4]

So true. You have enjoy life while you can cause you just never know.

Snug Harbor is a little hole in the wall bar in the Quarter. There might be a band playing but's really not a place to sit and stay for an extended time because it's so small. It's more of a place where you grab you drink and go walk around. Make sure you mention it in your review if you happen to find it. :D

So true. You have enjoy life while you can cause you just never know.

Yeah I'll be sure to try and find Snug Harbor. It sounds like a quirky place typical of what you would expect in New Orleans. My review for our cruise on the Dream will definitely cover our pre-cruise days in New Orleans.

Enjoying your wonderful review and awesome photo's.

Thanks so much! Many more pictures to come!

I posted the same photo from St Croix of the SitDownShutUp dingy in my review. LOL.

Haha we all got a good laugh when we saw that. :p

Just being a stickler but these are the stuffed mushrooms :)

-Matt

Whazzup Matt! You know what you're right. They come in the same dish and are covered with so much sauce that at first glance they look the same. My bad. :o

Love the dress and the shoes.:D I notice you are not wearing a sweater in the evening. On most ships I find that it is always freezing in the dining room, comedy club, etc... so I am always ruining my dresses with a darn sweater. I even gave up on dresses a couple of nights on my last cruise because I was so cold. How was it on the Splendor?

Thank you very much! Most times I was comfortable but it could be on the chilly side sometimes. I never really bring a sweater or shawl so if I'm cold I just deal with it. lol

Thanks so much for doing this review....will be sailing her in October:):):)

Sweet! Hopefully time will fly by fast for you!

Hi Kim! That would be me. It was so nice to meet you, if only for a second. :) Too bad we didn't see each other again, but hopefully on a future cruise. Keep up the rockin' reviews! :D

Debbie

Hi Debbie! OMG how funny was that? It was a pleasure! Have you gotten your husband plugged into CC yet? :)

Kim, how cool is this. We sailed with Capt. Mike on the Jolly Roger back in 1998, when we visited St. Croix on the then brand new Destiny. I remember him blowing the conch shell back then. Glad he is still there and doing well!!

Sorry for the hijack.

D0311.jpg

D0321.jpg

That is way too cool! Yes he's still doing very well. Feel free to hijack any time. :)

At least you got his name, as we got nothing out of him. We called him the bookworm, because he brought a book with him every where he went. Are you going to tell us the story how you almost went at it with him? :D

Yes Kim! Tell us! :D

We had a pretty big disagreement on how something that was in the news recently was handled. I'm not going to go further into too much detail about that situation or either of our opinions on it, but as Monicia as my witness I practically ripped into him when he made some unfair and uninformed statements. And no, it wasn't politics. That discussion was actually rather civil. :p Don't let this princess fool you. I'm a gemini and can go from 0-100 in 0.03 seconds.

Edited by gapearl

Aww, well I hope your feet weren't hurting too bad. I really wish I could have joined you all, looks like it was a great cruise!! Enjoying this review!!!

Also, I'm doing a B2B on the Breeze next September, and I can't wait for that one. I enjoyed your review of that ship as well. :)

I LOVED the Breeze! I'm thinking of booking her again for 2016. When my feet started hurting, that's when it was time to head to the bar and take a seat. Oprah calls those 10 minute shoes- you stand for 10 minutes then sit down. lol

Dem shoes tho!!! Love them :)

Gracias! :D

You are the daughter I never had. I also have a whole drawer full of makeup and jewelry, a packed closet, and extra hangers. I take lots of shoes AND purses. But my shoes no longer have those high heels. Yours are to die for. If I didn't have Arthritis I'd be wearing them too. If you ever sail in an OS category you'll just die at all the closet space AND a full chest of drawers.

OMG don't tell me that about the OS! Now I want one next cruise! I can only hope that in 30 years I"ll still be rocking my heels like Tina Turner and Cher. :)

I am all caught up on your review. The Jolly Roger looked like a really fun excursion

It was! We had a great time!

Don't let this princess fool you. I'm a gemini and can go from 0-100 in 0.03 seconds.

This is my first of your reviews I've read (so far ;)) and I'm really enjoying your style of writing. The above quote is EXACTLY how I pictured you in my mind. :)

I'd love to travel with you and I think we'd have a ton of fun! :D

I'm going on my first cruise in 9 days!

We had a pretty big disagreement on how something that was in the news recently was handled. I'm not going to go further into too much detail about that situation or either of our opinions on it, but as Monicia as my witness I practically ripped into him when he made some unfair and uninformed statements. And no, it wasn't politics. That discussion was actually rather civil. :p Don't let this princess fool you. I'm a gemini and can go from 0-100 in 0.03 seconds.

You go girl!!! :D he must have loosened up a bit during his second week, because it was like pulling teeth to get him to talk. Twice I asked him how his day in port was, and he said that he just stayed aboard and read. Gave up after that. :eek: Let's never speak of him again.:D

Edited by Jamman54