Laundry Services on Millennium

hamrag

I know all cruise ships offer a laundry service. Can anyone advise please if Millennium has self-service laundry facilities?

Thanks in anticipation.

Just to cover all the bases, no self service laundry facilities on any Celebrity Ship.

Irons and Steamers are forbidden and will be confiscated to be returned at the end of the cruise. They will not loan you an iron and there is no ironing room.

Here's a link to the prices for the laundry service.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/frequently-asked-questions#2

Just to chime in. Disney ships have self service laundry and ironing boards. Also silver sea and crystal had them at least a few years ago. Those were free. Disney charges 2 per load paid for with your room key.

And I can take two Celebrity cruises for one Disney cruise....

Wouldn't use it at any price, tried once but they do not take the care most folks would take with their personal laundry. Thanks anyway.

We've used the laundry service dozens of times over several cruises and never have had a problem. They are just as effective as my local dry cleaners, and prices are very close as well. I would not hesitate to use the services again, and plan to do so on our next cruise.

No complaints here. I would much rather spend another $100 having my laundry done for me than spend some of my precious and too infrequent vacation time doing such a mundane chore. Just like I don't cook, do dishes and clean my stateroom on a cruise, I also don't do laundry.

And I can take two Celebrity cruises for one Disney cruise....

And three Celebrity cruises for one Crystal or Silversea cruise. ;)

Still don't know what that poster's point is. We're talking about Celebrity, not other cruise lines. :confused:

Edited by fortinweb

I agree Fortinweb....I have never had a problem with the laundry service and also don't feel that it is expensive.

We were on the Solstice for 23 days in Australia and New Zealand last year, I was just amazed at the people who spent thousand of dollars on the cruise, but wouldn't spend a little money to have a couple of bags of laundry done....and I have spent an afternoon in a ships laundromat , not what I will ever do again ....each to his own I guess

We have used the laundry services too. I do have a couple of minor issues - they use hot water to wash everything, so if you have somehting that is subjest to shrinkage, it could be a problem. I sent a in a new shirt that was part cotton, and it did shrink.

The other issue is the paper laundry bags they use. They do tear very easliy, so be carefule when loading.

Other than that, the clothes come back nicely folded and clean.

Dave

• 1 month later...
Just to cover all the bases, no self service laundry facilities on any Celebrity Ship.

Irons and Steamers are forbidden and will be confiscated to be returned at the end of the cruise. They will not loan you an iron and there is no ironing room.

Here's a link to the prices for the laundry service.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/frequently-asked-questions#2

So why can't anyone post the price for laundry service. I find nominal Fee, Resonable rate. We just want to know if we should do our laundry before getting on the ship or can we just have them done on board and enjoy our time in alaska

I have had some issues with shrinkage too, before I knew they wash everything in hot water. I also had our cabin # written on the label of a top and it bled on the back of the top. Fortunately when I got home, I was able to remove the dark blue color with alcohol.

However, I still love the laundry service and like others, do love coming home with clean laundry.

So why can't anyone post the price for laundry service. I find nominal Fee, Resonable rate. We just want to know if we should do our laundry before getting on the ship or can we just have them done on board and enjoy our time in alaska

This is where the FAQ on the Celebrity website comes in very handy. All your questions answered in one spot, including laundry services and pricing. :rolleyes:

And some people think I'm not very helpful on these boards. :confused: :eek: :D

Q: Are there laundry facilities on board?

A: There is a full laundry and dry-cleaning service available on board for reasonable rates. Regular service, picked up before 9AM, is returned next day. For same day service, picked up before 9AM and returned same day, add 50% express service surcharge.

Laundry Services

Item Price

Jacket $5.95

Pants $4.95

Long Sleeved Shirt $4.95

Short Sleeved Shirt $3.95

Sweater $4.95

Shorts $3.95

Dress $7.95

Skirt $4.95

Pajamas $3.95

Handkerchief $1.95

T-shirt $2.95

Undergarments $1.95

Swimsuit $2.95

Socks, pair $1.95

Dry-Cleaning

Item Price

Suit $12.95

Jacket $7.95

Pants $5.95

Long Sleeved Shirt $5.95

Short Sleeved

Shirt $4.95

Sweater $6.95

Shorts $4.95

Dress $12.95

Skirt $5.95

Necktie/Tie $3.95

Pressing Only

Item Price

Suit $5.95

Jacket $4.95

Pants $3.95

Long Sleeved Shirt $3.95

Short Sleeved Shirt $2.95

Sweater $3.95

Shorts $2.95

Dress $5.95

Skirt $3.95

Wouldn't use it at any price, tried once but they do not take the care most folks would take with their personal laundry. Thanks anyway.

The only thing I'll send out is DH's underwear, socks and t-shirts - knowing the white things will come back a gray. Last cruise so many of my things were ruined. :( I usually hang dry my items avoiding the dryer all together and any thing in the dryer goes in on a low heat setting. Items from the ship are folded but if they wait too long they are folded and wrinkled - shrunk beyond wearing. I've good experience with dry cleaning DH's tux shirts - so would be able to recommend that.

I don't understand your post, the post of mine you quoted had a link to the laundry prices???????????????????

We have used the laundry services too. I do have a couple of minor issues - they use hot water to wash everything, so if you have somehting that is subjest to shrinkage, it could be a problem. I sent a in a new shirt that was part cotton, and it did shrink.

The other issue is the paper laundry bags they use. They do tear very easliy, so be carefule when loading.

Other than that, the clothes come back nicely folded and clean.

Dave

Bring clear packing tape to reinforce bag. :p