35 Hour Sale

camper49

Just sent an email to our TA, hoping to jump from our oceanview early saver room to a guarantee balcony, and we would still get $300 obc. Hoping carnival let's her do it, can't argue with a balcony and enough obc to cover gratuities and a steakhouse dinner (with some leftover)! We are willing to accept that figure as our final price drop if it means we get a balcony to enjoy.

Just got off phone with Carnival. We booked 3 cabins during the Halloween sale for Jan 2015 cruise. Thought couldn't hurt to see if we could get the 35 hour sale price, saving $162 per cabin. We are more than 60 days (payoff day) from cruise.

We got the 35 hour sale rate!!!! 5 day cruise, OV gty, 169 per person!!! And rather than OBC, refunds are going back to the card we booked with!!!

Glad to see your post this morning, camper49!!!

Wow! What cruise is that?

If we booked an obstructed view balcony and then changed to a guarantee balcony, would that be guaranteed anywhere on the ship or another obstructed view balcony. I'm thinking that this would be a big improvement since there are more balconies that are not obstructed.

I would just call Carnival and ask. I would also try a second call if it is refused the first time. That was my experience today.

But did you retain the SPA balcony?

We have a spa balcony and the 35 hour sail would save us only about $508 on "a" balcony but I'm sure it does not gurantee a Spa balcony.

I guess I could call and see if we could lock it in at that price, but I don't want to give up the spa balcony or benefit.

I would love to take advantage of this sale, but we have a 3 year old and would need a room where the 3rd bed is a sofa bed, not an upper. I guess a GTY room just isn't for us.

Maybe the room steward would bring a trundle in for you...?

When we originally booked our cruise it was $1089 per person for a balcony cabin.

Saw the 35 hour sale and now we are at $550 per person - not worried about the guarantee, to save that much money it is worth it!!!

We will be on the Conquest in 80 days!!!

We did not book ES but since we are still before final payment, we could switch and get the lower rate!!

When we originally booked our cruise it was $1089 per person for a balcony cabin.

Saw the 35 hour sale and now we are at $550 per person - not worried about the guarantee, to save that much money it is worth it!!!

We will be on the Conquest in 80 days!!!

We did not book ES but since we are still before final payment, we could switch and get the lower rate!!

Wow! Awesome deal!:)

Yet another sale ....of course it's a Gty cabin one...I can give up ES and jump into the Gty pool and get $300 OBC...tempting for sure!

I so wish we could take advantage. We have 4 cabins booked and it would save us over $1000 overall! But our kids (11 & 9) are in an inside cabin across the hall from our balcony. The gty would not work for us. I'm bummed.......That money saved would be nice!!

Cruisernic. Us too. Our party had 4 OV cabins in a row, two of which are connecting to house two youngsters and parents. They cannot guarantee connecting cabins which we understand. So two cabins are relocating to gty status for a saving of over300.00 per cabin. We will treat the ones who lost out to something! Have our fingers crossed for a balcony as we had highest rated OV . Who knows, we may get lucky again.

Just checked my Carnival acct and the OBC is there already and they have already assigned our balcony room. Went from a French door obstructed view to a balcony on Panorama Deck, room 8125. Closer to the front than I would like to be, but I won't complain!!

So glad I was able to take advantage of the 35 hour sale!;)

I gave up my obstructive balcony for a guaranteed balcony and got $493 in OBC on the Pride! After sleeping on it all night I decided what do I have to loose? I already am on the lowest balcony, it can either stay the same or get better! Just hope I didn't make a mistake because I gave up the bowling alley :confused:

I so wish we could take advantage. We have 4 cabins booked and it would save us over $1000 overall! But our kids (11 & 9) are in an inside cabin across the hall from our balcony. The gty would not work for us. I'm bummed.......That money saved would be nice!!

We gave up our three spa interior cabins on the Dream for our upcoming Christmas cruise to take advantage of this sale. We did have to switch our 15 yo twins from their own room to one with me, one with DH since it is a gty room and they cannot be that far from us in their own room. It didn't matter with our 18/20 yo sons, they could be placed anywhere on the ship.

We took a chance in order to save $2100!!!! on our three rooms. Called this morning to switch from ES to 35 hr sale and within a few hrs found out we were all booked within a few rooms of one another. THANKS, CARNIVAL!

I had picked the perfect Balcony room and swore I would not change and go for the guarantee balcony. well I changed my mine when the difference hit $860 for the 2 of us. The location did not seem to matter quiet so much! That's a lot of $$ !!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow! What cruise is that?

We're on the Elation out of New Orleans! We were on the last cruise before it dry docked in September, and it sounds like all they did in dry dock was put some new carpet in some places and did some painting and maintenance.

But as I say.... life is always good on a cruise!! Especially with a such a low price!!

We just made our 4 day on the Imagination (booked during the Halloween sale), into a 7 day, by booking the 3 day directly afterward! Total for 7 days in guaranteed OV room is less than the 4 day on the Imagination we have booked in September! I'm over the moon, especially because we can purchase cheers for just one leg of it. :)

We'll end up in different rooms for the 2 different legs, I'm sure, but worth it! Plus, adventure!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by JillySue

I just found this deal and thought I'd missed out but looks like they extended it another 24 hours until midnight tomorrow. Not sure if I'll be able to pull together a cruise in that short notice but the prices are definitely lower than anything I've ever booked over about a dozen cruises.

If I'm not able to book something, how often do they run these kinds of sales? I'll definitely keep my eyes open for it next time!

We're on the Elation out of New Orleans! We were on the last cruise before it dry docked in September, and it sounds like all they did in dry dock was put some new carpet in some places and did some painting and maintenance.

But as I say.... life is always good on a cruise!! Especially with a such a low price!!

Cool! Have a great time!