On the Crown: 28 Days in the S. Pacific and it Wasn't Bora Boraing

SailorJack

Ok i am here where is the paper clip ??where is it hiding ..mmmmmm?

OK, I will try to help.

1. Go to CruiseCritic and click on Princess forum

2. Click on the last page of my string...(Bora Boraing).

3. Go to the very bottom of that page and click on "Reply."

4. This will open up the box for you to type your reply.

5. Just above the white box you will see two little rows of icons. The first row has "B" "I" "U". Ignore this line and go to the next one up. It starts with "Fonts". Look to the right of "Fonts" and you will see a happy face next to the big A and then you will see to the right of the happy face the icon of the paper clip.

Hope this helps and you can now post your pictures of Bora Bora.:)

My pictures of Bora Bora are coming, but I would love to see yours.

Edited by SailorJack

Posted 5 came out upside down ...sheesh ...cannot figure this out

I can't help you with that. If there is an apple store near you, you might want to go there. They can help you. We took ours to an apple store for help on several items and they were excellent. And they don't charge a fee!

The shows on the Crown for this trip were actually quite good. We were impressed with the costuming for the different acts as well as by the singing. These shots sere from the show four days out of Maui and the night before we were due in Samoa - so there was a lot of enthusiasm from the audience. I couldn't use flash in the theatre so the shots are a little blurred.

DSC_0311.jpg

DSC_0313.jpg

DSC_0314.jpg

DSC_0316.jpg

Tomorrow - Samoa and Land!

Edited by SailorJack

This is Apia harbor. It is situated at the mouth of a river and was the site of a tragic naval standoff during the Samoan Civil War. Seven military vessels from Imperial Germany, the United States and Great Britain were in this harbor in1889 when a typhoon approached. Neither the Germans, Americans or British were about to leave first (something about losing face) and as a result all but one of the ships were destroyed - with only the British ship escaping. A year later a treaty was signed dividing Samoa into American Samoa and German Samoa. All that said, it is a very beautiful natural harbor and offers a great entrance to Samoa.

DSC_0323.jpg

DSC_0324.jpg

Donsvariouspics1435.jpg

Edited by SailorJack

Loved the pictures of the crossing ceremony - brought back some memories.:) However, on our cruise they threw the passengers into the pool As there were no pictures of that, I assume that didn't happen on Princess?

Whomever wanted to, just jumped into the pool themselves. It was encouraged but not forced. ;)

SailorJack;

Both my wife and I have found your witty reports of your adventures during a cruise to be very entertaining.

Also, your posted photo's are outstanding. So outstanding that now I am looking at the Adroma Web site for a new camera. Because My trusty cigar box camera, with custom thumb trip for shutter and index knob on top to advance the 127 black and white film, does need to be replaced.:D

I know you are just back, but we are looking forward to your next report.

bob

SailorJack;

Both my wife and I have found your witty reports of your adventures during a cruise to be very entertaining.

Also, your posted photo's are outstanding. So outstanding that now I am looking at the Adroma Web site for a new camera. Because My trusty cigar box camera, with custom thumb trip for shutter and index knob on top to advance the 127 black and white film, does need to be replaced.:D

I know you are just back, but we are looking forward to your next report.

bob

Glad you enjoyed the review. While it wasn't exactly a cigar box camera, I was probably one of the last in my family to abandon film and get a digital camera. By the way, I got one of my cameras from Adorama - good deal and good service.

No new trips booked yet, but we are looking at a couple.

Jack

I jumped in the pool on the Crown!

;)

Good for you! I must have missed that! It must have been on another sailing or I definitely would have photographed it!:) I think I have a photo (from another cruise) where a couple of girls were thrown in the pool...I'll see if I can find it.

Jack

Loved the pictures of the crossing ceremony - brought back some memories.:) However, on our cruise they threw the passengers into the pool As there were no pictures of that, I assume that didn't happen on Princess?

I was on a cruise also where they threw the miscreants into the pool! See below.:D

Donsvariouspics1378.jpg

Of course when you do this you have to close the pool to clean it!:eek:

Good for you! I must have missed that! It must have been on another sailing or I definitely would have photographed it!:) I think I have a photo (from another cruise) where a couple of girls were thrown in the pool...I'll see if I can find it.

Jack

No....I was on the same cruise as you were!!

After we kissed the fish, we jumped in ( a lot of us anyway...not everyone)

The men got into the dancing as well...and looked like they were having just as much fun.

DSC_0326.jpg

DSC_0329.jpg

DSC_0338.jpg

DSC_0340.jpg

This guy was great - he was having fun and it looks like he is floating on air!

DSC_0340.jpg

Edited by SailorJack

No....I was on the same cruise as you were!!

After we kissed the fish, we jumped in ( a lot of us anyway...not everyone)

Well, dang! I left when the fish kissing started. I should have stayed around a little longer to get the pictures of people jumping in the pool.:(

After our very entertaining reception to Apia we walked into town for a quick visit before we started our island tour. This first photo is of the buildings along Beach Road.

DSC_0343.jpg

The walk into town takes less than 15 minutes and is very picturesque, with lots of floral plantings and rest stops.

DSC_0347.jpg

There were lots of directional signs to help you along the way. I think this one was a safety sign that basically said that people from the United States should toe the line by walking side by side to avoid the traffic.

DSC_0344.jpg

Looking back at the ship from Beach Road.

DSC_0345.jpg

The building in the background is "Cocktails on the Rocks"- also known as "The Hole in the Wall." I didn't think much of it when I took the picture - I was really focusing on the tree, but when he headed back to the ship it had tables out front and really cold beer! It lies about halfway between town and the pier and it turns out that this is one of the city's favorite watering holes. There is a pizza place next to it and they will deliver pizza right to your table. What more could you ask for!

DSC_0354.jpg

This magnificent structure is the Immaculate Conception of Mary Cathedral. It stands on the foundation of the original church which was built in 1867 and torn down in 2011. The new church was dedicated on May 31, 2014 so it had been opened only 6 months before we visited. Of interest, three meters below the new foundation, lays the grave of the church’s only Cardinal, the late Cardinal Pio Taofinu’u who passed away in 2003.

DSC_0357.jpg

While we were there, they were preparing for the wedding of a very prominent resident of Samoa. As they were obviously very busy in preparing for the ceremony, we turned to leave, but were very graciously invited to come inside and look around. The inside of the church was stunning.

DSC_0360.jpg

This is Government Building - which houses the administrative offices of the government. The structure on the top of the building is a modern version of a traditional Samoan Fale.

DSC_0361.jpg