On the Crown: 28 Days in the S. Pacific and it Wasn't Bora Boraing

SailorJack

Yes I loved that sacred mountain ...it kept changing its look ...wow

The second time we did an excursion in Bora Bora I was with a group of people who had been with me with another guide .We had a private picnic on his motu ..we thought we were in heaven .then we did this other tour with a man named Evan ...his motu was even nicet ...all the group said they did not think the first tour could be topped but this motu was beyond belief gorgeous ...crystal clear turquoise water ...munching freshly picked fruit from Evans garden ...a glorious day

If you liked Moorea you must go to Tahaa ...the island next to Raitea to do a drift snorkel ...wow....wow....wow ...like in a fast pace movie ..unbelivable coral and fish as the current pulls you along ...this was the highlight of my trip ...it was beyond gorgeous

Im waiting for Robb to send me his video as he was right in front of me filming it all ...words cannot describe its beauty

Eric too had an amazing motu ...deeelicious lunch

Wail i wanna go back ..boohoo boohoo im in cold ice and snow ...i want sand and sea ......

God willing will return some day soon

Michele

We are doing a TP with Celebrity (Sydney to Vancouver) but the only 2 stops in The South Pacific are Papatatee and Moorea. We are in Papatatee until 11 pm and from what I am researching there doesn't look to be too much to do as far as snorkeling/beaches. Is it possible to find tours that would go to Bora Bora for the day or other suggestions?

We are doing a TP with Celebrity (Sydney to Vancouver) but the only 2 stops in The South Pacific are Papatatee and Moorea. We are in Papatatee until 11 pm and from what I am researching there doesn't look to be too much to do as far as snorkeling/beaches. Is it possible to find tours that would go to Bora Bora for the day or other suggestions?

You could go to Moorea by ferry but Im not sure how late it runs

Tahiti tours are very nice ...take one ..there are a few beaches we saw

You are right about the poor snorkeling in Papeete. I am not aware of any reliable ferry service out to Bora Bora. You may want to check with a travel agent familiar with Tahiti, but I would not hold out much hope.

Michele is right when she said that there are some nice land tours to take. Many people on our roll call took some of the Princess tours and some people organized a special tour that sounded really nice. The description of that tour:

"4WD Excursions - 130 kms including 60 kms of track, a full or half day in the heart of Tahiti island, the visit of the crater will bring you back in the past. Water collecting, several waterfalls where you can swim, archeologic spots, tropical flora, basaltic rocks, river ford, several stops will be done and the polynesian guides will be happy to talk about their island and tell you stories about Tahitian legends. Breathless experience guaranteed."

You also might look into a day pass at one of the resorts and spend the day at the beach - you will need to take a taxi. You can also check the Shutterfly page on your roll call for other ideas. Also, make sure you eat dinner at one of the food trucks (Roulottes) that are parked next to the pier area. It was a great experience.

That said - you are really, really going to enjoy Moorea. I will be posting my pictures of Moorea and you will be amazed at how clear the water is there.

I am not computer savvy ...did not find a paper clip ..please. Post exact step by step to post pic ...i will show you gorgeous Bora bora

When you type your reply post (before you hit submit reply) look at the top of the message box for the small paperclip icon. When you click on the little arrow next to it, it will allow you to click on browse so you can choose your photos to pick one from your ipad.

Loved looking at the pictures throught the thread. Thanks for taking the time to post them.....:):):)

Bob

Glad you enjoy them. I see from your signature that you are going to be taking a trip from Vancouver to Hawaii - we looked at that one last year. Vancouver is my home town and we were going to tie the trip in with a visit with friends and family. Timing did not work so we took this one this year instead.

Have a great trip!

Upon further inspection we are stopping in Bora Bora. The overland tour in Tahiti sounds nice. Thanks for your input. I am really enjoying your pictorial travelogue.

Now that you ARE stopping in Bora Bora, here's a link you can check out: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1697667&highlight=snorkel+bora

That sub-forum, covering the Pacific Islands is a good place to get even more information on what to do.

Hey Sailor Jack

Thinking return visit for next year ..Feb ...French Polynesia and Fiji ..ahhhhhhh

Wanna come ?very tempted by btb to New Zealand ...now ifonly I could hit the jackpot or lottery .....mmmmmmm

Never been to Fiji, but I am certainly up for another trip to French Polynesia!:) Also, never done a back to back. But some of the islands you talked about certainly are tempting.

Checked could not find paperclip

Michele, I can't help here. I created a Photobucket account ( its free) and I upload my pictures to that account. From there I download the pictures to the forum. It is relatively easy and you may want to try that approach. Or perhaps Colo Cruiser can walk you through the paperclip approach.

There is also a free app out there called Photoshop Express that lets you post pictures but I have never tried it.

Jack

Edited by SailorJack

This is "THE FISH" - more on it in just a second!

DSC_0261.jpg

The second to last part of the ceremony involved major surgery on a criminal passenger. Here the court holds up sheets to protect the patient's privacy while the doctor removes parts of the patient. You can see the patient's innards (spaghetti) being tossed out of the operating area.

DSC_0289.jpg

The operation was a success, but unfortunately the patient died - and left quite a mess while doing so!

DSC_0292.jpg

For the last part of the ceremony, first time crossers had to "Kiss the Fish!"

DSC_0294.jpg

I still do not get a paper clip ...what am I missing?

Don't want to hijack this thread with this,

When you hit reply look at the top of the box you type your reply in, there are a bunch of characters for commands, letter type/bold/etc.

Right in the middle at the top of the box is the tiny paperclip....

I tried to doing a grab with snippoing tool but its no luck.

Don't know what else to tell you.

Don't want to hijack this thread with this,

When you hit reply look at the top of the box you type your reply in, there are a bunch of characters for commands, letter type/bold/etc.

Right in the middle at the top of the box is the tiny paperclip....

I tried to doing a grab with snippoing tool but its no luck.

Don't know what else to tell you.

Thanks Colo Cruiser...I finally found it myself. Michele, just make sure you are in "reply" mode and you will see the paper clip. I have never posted a picture from my iPad so it took me some time to find it, but it is there.