Iinerary Chang e mail

Boatingmom

Arrival times are set by the port/harbormaster. When a lot of ships are in port at the same times, the order of arrival and dock has to be coordinated. Disembarkation is determined by when Immigration is set to process passengers. This is not necessarily related to arrival time. Chances are Immigration won't be set up an hour earlier. We're talking the government here. :)

Its pretty standard to dock that early - all passengers must be out of their cabins by 8 am so that cleaning can start. There will be info provided to you letting you know where you can have breakfast and where you can wait until you are called to get off.

The earliest groups getting off the ship can start leaving well before 8am too.

If all goes well with immigration and all the processes, everyone is off by 10. That way cleaning can be done and the next cruise can start getting on by noon.

There are lots of threads on cc with folks discussing how early their floight out of FLL can be - those threads have lots of info about disembarkation.

Just don't forget to keep clothes for the day out of the suitcase! :D

On our British Isles cruise on the Ocean Princess this past summer, we also received one of those e-mails. We were leaving our last port an hour early, and getting to Dover an hour earlier than originally scheduled. IIRC, we were now getting to Dover at 2 AM!

This did not change the disembarkation time. We had booked a Princess excursion that took us to the airport (Heathrow) with a tour of Canterbury. The tour starting time of 7:30 did not change because of the earlier arrival in Dover.

Just received notification from our TA that the same change is in effect for our March Regal trip.

Looks like Port Everglades changed the docking order. Weekends are very busy in port and there will be a lot of ships in and a lot of port congestion. My guess is the earlier the better given the number of passengers turning over those days!

Most likely disembarkation times don't change. I suspect the early arrival is so the Coast Guard can perform test on the new ship.

Of course, that's complete speculation on my part. :D

The Coast Guard did their inspections when we returned from the transatlantic voyage on the 3rd of November.

Arrival times are set by the port/harbormaster. When a lot of ships are in port at the same times, the order of arrival and dock has to be coordinated. Disembarkation is determined by when Immigration is set to process passengers. This is not necessarily related to arrival time. Chances are Immigration won't be set up an hour earlier. We're talking the government here. :)

On Alaska cruises, ships dock at Whittier at 4:00 or 5:00am, sometimes earlier, yet official disembarkation does not begin until 7:30 - 8:00am

Edited by cattman

I can understand docking order, however I also got this for the Royal in Dec. The funny thing is that we return from a 10 day on a Friday and I think we are the only ship in port.

We are on the same cruise and there are 3 other ships in port that day plus us. I just had a look last night. 2 Holland America and 2 Princess ships. Maybe they are trying to stagger us.

We are on the same cruise and there are 3 other ships in port that day plus us. I just had a look last night. 2 Holland America and 2 Princess ships. Maybe they are trying to stagger us.

Wow, did not expect that, thought Friday was an off day, thanks.