Princess Captains Cirrcle Platinum Benefits

Travel Hunter

Hmm, on our B2B on the Ruby in March we could get any of the special drinks on any day for $5. On our October B2B on the Golden we were told only the featured drink of the day would be $5. I now wonder if it depends on which server or bartender that you deal with that makes the difference. :confused:

Ha!

In February while onboard the Ruby we could ONLY get the daily featured drink for $5 while two weeks ago on the same ship it was ANY drink.

Talk about consistency.

Mike:)

How does one become Elite and have very little idea of what Princess offers to elite passengers?

The Captain's Circle is the Princess loyalty or repeat passenger program. Elite is the higherst level in the program. To reach Elite you must have either 15 cruise Credits or 150 days on Princess. You get one cruise credit for each cruise plus an extra each time you sail solo and another each time you are in a suite.

Benefits include an internet credit, minibar setup in your cabin, free laundry and priority tendering.

How does one become Elite and have very little idea of what Princess offers to elite passengers?

Some people just aren't interested. My mom is Platinum (on her way to Elite), and never knew there was a separate embarkation line for Platinum and above until I mentioned it. She just isn't concerned about such things. She probably got the brochure when she became Platinum and never read it. Perhaps the OP is the same way.

Edited by Ryndam2002

Here is what I found on CC. You only get one mini bar setup per cabin not per Elite passenger in cabin.

The mini-bar set-up consists of the following items (subject to change and availability):

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Cognac - Courvoisier V.S.O.P.

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Gin – Beefeater

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Vodka – Skyy

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Whiskey - Canadian Club

- Two (2) Cans Beer - Dos Equis XX (Toohey's New will replace Dos Equis XX on Dawn Princess and Sun Princess)

- Two (2) Cans Tonic Water

- Two (2) Cans Coke

- Two (2) Cans Sprite

- 2 Small Waters

- 2 Perriers

You can also exchange the complete mini bar setup for two coffee cards. Yes you can exchange your complete mini bar setup for one smaller bottle of wine.

When you arrive in your stateroom there will be a card with the location and what is offered every night that they have the pre dinner lounge . Drinks are around $5.00 but since I don't drink I'm just going from memory.

They do have laundry but not a dry cleaning any more. They call it something else. Don't expect it back next day. Also depends on number of Elites on board. Not sure why you would want it done every day.

Thanks for that information. I understand now how Princess arranges the pre dinner lounge, by providing a daily invitation. Having the wash done everyday is a convenience if we work out daily. Less to pack Thanks the information was very helpful

Wash is done daily. It is normally returned the late the day after it is turned in. You can pay to have same day service.

No dry cleaning.

The Platinum/Elite/Suite lounge is from 5 to 7 each evening. You will get a card listing the time and place, the appetizer of the day and the drink special. I think it is one drink each evening that is $5. All other drinks are at normal prices.

Thanks for this info, my upcoming cruise has us seated for dining every day at 6:00 PM. I will have to work that into our plans. Thanks again

I am also Elite on Celebrity, the drinks are free and there is no limit.

Elites qualify for amino-bar set-up in their stateroom

The elite/platinum lounge is a nightly function For elites and platinums held in a certain venue between the hours of 5-7 every night. In the lounge you will find hors d'oeurves and you will also be entitled to free sodas or reduced-price cocktails. Not sure if only the featured drink is at a reduced price or all alcoholic drinks, But there was no charge for my Soda in August.

Thanks between the free mini bar in the cabin and 5 to 7 cocktail hour thats a lot of alcohol. Elite passengers must be floating in more ways than one

The published hours were 500 to 700 for the first leg but I don't know if they observed that or not because we were gone before 700.

One thing I found strange was I could order ANY cocktail during that period for $5 when in February on the Ruby we were only able to get the featured drink for $5.

When we come back from our cruise I will let you know what the policy is on the Crown Princess

Hmm, on our B2B on the Ruby in March we could get any of the special drinks on any day for $5. On our October B2B on the Golden we were told only the featured drink of the day would be $5. I now wonder if it depends on which server or bartender that you deal with that makes the difference. :confused:

I hope its anything on my cruise

I would think its a lot better experience being able to have any drink as opposed to having the drink of the day.

Glad you asked.

We traveled for many years and some lengthy cruises on P&O cruise lines out of Australia and England.

We traveled once on Princess many years ago and didn't know about the association with P&O. It turns out that the cruises we took on P&O count towards captain circle awards/levels on Princess. Accordingly, we are elite on P&O and Princess.

So this is the first cruise we will be taking with Princess with Elite benefits. Thanks to all the great information about the program we think we will be taking a lot more. Princess has some great venues.

My friend and I are both Platinum. We did receive a voucher for a free drink to be used at any bar at any time during the cruise. We were just on the Golden. I enjoyed my free Pina Colada at the aft pool while we were docked in Ensenada.:):):) I believe this is in lieu of the free drinks that used to be at the Captain's Cocktail party.

I hope they still have the captains cocktail party, but a free drink by the pool might be good to

Ha!

In February while onboard the Ruby we could ONLY get the daily featured drink for $5 while two weeks ago on the same ship it was ANY drink.

Talk about consistency.

Must be a function of the crew that's on board or perhaps a new policy?

Seems Princess has all these great Elite benefits they should be consistent to avoid disappointment.

The Captain's Circle is the Princess loyalty or repeat passenger program. Elite is the higherst level in the program. To reach Elite you must have either 15 cruise Credits or 150 days on Princess. You get one cruise credit for each cruise plus an extra each time you sail solo and another each time you are in a suite.

Benefits include an internet credit, minibar setup in your cabin, free laundry and priority tendering.

What I didn't know was you also get credits for past sailings on P&O cruises, dating all the way back to the 1980's

Some people just aren't interested. My mom is Platinum (on her way to Elite), and never knew there was a separate embarkation line for Platinum and above until I mentioned it. She just isn't concerned about such things. She probably got the brochure when she became Platinum and never read it. Perhaps the OP is the same way.

We enjoy the elite benefits on Celebrity cruise lines, in fact it makes the entire cruise better. I provided another post to explain how I recently moved to the elite level on Princess because we had sailed for a lot of nights on P&O cruises.

That's a funny story about your Mom she sounds nice, hope she is on our cruise. I have been on too many where some passengers are stepping on each other to get the last stale canapes

I hope its anything on my cruise

I would think its a lot better experience being able to have any drink as opposed to having the drink of the day.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but, it isn't any drink as in anything you want. It was any one of the 7 or so different drinks of the day that are featured for the Platinum/Elite lounge happy hour. You are limited to those drink choices even if they aren't limiting it to the one special drink for that specific day. Hope that makes sense. :cool:

Edited by ar1950

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but, it isn't any drink as in anything you want. It was any one of the 7 or so different drinks of the day that are featured for the Platinum/Elite lounge happy hour. You are limited to those drink choices even if they aren't limiting it to the one special drink for that specific day. Hope that makes sense. :cool:

That wasn't the case during our 10/22-11/3 Ruby cruise as I was able to get a Bombay Sapphire and tonic for $5. It was the first time I had experienced that but after the first day I ordered that for the remainder of the cruise.

That wasn't the case during our 10/22-11/3 Ruby cruise as I was able to get a Bombay Sapphire and tonic for $5. It was the first time I had experienced that but after the first day I ordered that for the remainder of the cruise.

Wow, now that is interesting! We will see what happens on our upcoming Regal cruise in a couple of weeks......:cool:

Remember, the only thing Princess is consistent about is being inconsistent.

You've got that right Paul.

Back in February, same ship, we could only get the featured drink for $5. Not any of the other featured drinks prior or post but just the featured drink.

That's why my mind was blown a couple of weeks ago when I said to myself, "I don't really want a "Chairman of the Board" and the waiter said, "Oh you can have any drink for $5". Who was I to argue? And it was not dependent on the waitperson as we had a different one every evening.

Glad you asked.

We traveled for many years and some lengthy cruises on P&O cruise lines out of Australia and England.

We traveled once on Princess many years ago and didn't know about the association with P&O. It turns out that the cruises we took on P&O count towards captain circle awards/levels on Princess. Accordingly, we are elite on P&O and Princess.

So this is the first cruise we will be taking with Princess with Elite benefits. Thanks to all the great information about the program we think we will be taking a lot more. Princess has some great venues.

Ahhh, this makes so much more sense now! Thank you for clarifying.

Elites qualify for amino-bar set-up in their stateroom

The elite/platinum lounge is a nightly function For elites and platinums held in a certain venue between the hours of 5-7 every night. In the lounge you will find hors d'oeurves and you will also be entitled to free sodas or reduced-price cocktails. Not sure if only the featured drink is at a reduced price or all alcoholic drinks, But there was no charge for my Soda in August.

Never knew about free sodas at the lounge, they do not mention it on the card you get.

In 13 Princess cruises, I've never seen anything but the featured drink for $5. Everything else is normal price.

The fact that one person was not charged does not man they are always free. Could have been either a mistake by a server or another inconsistency

Agree. My partner who does not drink has never gotten a free soda during the PSE lounge.