On the Equinox now - Beverage Package Classic

Sandy1975

Everyone seems to have their own list.

As repeat Celebrity cruisers know, the only thing that's consistent about celebrity is their inconsistency. They just can't seem to get HQ, their web and all their ships on the same page....and there is really no way to know what list is correct. I guess whatever they do on the ship is, by definition, right for that cruise

Sandy....you could print out that page in the internet room...there's no cost...it's a free web site (celebritycruises.com). I (and I bet a few others) would love to know what the bartenders/food and beverage manager says if you showed them the, we presume official, "Celebrity web" list".

I'll do that! Lol

Cell is dying so will post more when I get back on the ship

Back posting a bit more. We took an excursion with Celebrity to St John. We are doing the self explore one. Trunk Bay is beautiful. It is not very crowded. Snorkeling is not the best right now as the waters are a bit choppy. I was still able to see a few fish and coral and that was nice.

Off topic but is there only 1 return time? We were thinking about this one too but wanted to get back and shop a bit too. If so do you remember the time you returned to the ship?

Thanks

Hi BOBBYR30,

The list in this topic is the one that is linked to Celebrity's Website... It may not be the complete list (just a Representation... Which is what lists linked to the Website have been in the past. Certainly this list which is really recent is missing a lot of Name Brands entirely... Hence all the Questions)

The last CELEBRITY OFFICIAL BEVERAGE PKG List was psted here by CC Member CELEBRITY CRUISES - Official Rep on May 28, 2014 after the last OFFICIAL Revision to the Bevvy Pkgs

You can find that Announcement, and attached Classic & Premium Lists here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048745

As per that Official List, Captain's Morgan Rum appears on both the Classic & Premium Pkgs

Cheers!

Ps... I and SARAFINADH did the last lengthy review / analysis of Celebrity's Bevvy Pkgs in 2012, it is my plan to do another one and pst my findings here on CC early in 2015 (after I cruise next month)

Sloop,

Also cruising in December on the Reflection. Could help out and take pics/notes for you if you'd like- just to help give more data points?

Sloop,

Also cruising in December on the Reflection. Could help out and take pics/notes for you if you'd like- just to help give more data points?

Hi SPERKINS921,

Hey, the more the merrier.

Last time I did this I ended up typing in the Celebrity Wine List / Wine Book in the MDR (which was a lot of work)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1566983

I am hoping not to ave to do that this round :D

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I also like Rodney strong merlot but apparently they are running out of it.

On Reflection last week we were told by a couple of sommeliers they were out of it and it was not going to be restocked. They had replaced it with La Chance (?), apparently this is what they plan to carry going forward. Of course you can take all of that information with a grain of salt.

Glad you are enjoying the S class! And the drinks! Can I ask please is Port included in classic package?

I believe there was 1 port included, however, our sommelier would pair a glass with our dessert after day 4. Im assuming it was included since I never got charged extra.

We are back from a fantastic cruise. I will post in more detail when I get back home but I wanted to correct something. After someone posted about Crown Royal and Bombay been included, I asked again and according to this other bartender, it was part of package and that I was given wrong info. So sorry for the confusion. Like someone said, regardless of what lists you see or other people experiences, you really need to ask before making the decision to upgrade.

Sandy,

Do you remember what hard cider was on board? We get on Saturday, have been having Honey Jack (as in Daniels) and hard cider a lot lately- hoping both are on board.

I love hard cider! They had woodchuck pear and Angry Orchard (both premium package). They had strongbow too but I believe they run out because when I asked to get one they said they didn't have it anymore. That was in the classic. Maybe it will be replenished for your trip.

Glad you are enjoying the S class! And the drinks! Can I ask please is Port included in classic package?

Definitely! I had one most nights with the cheese board which I asked for after the dessert in Blu, on the Equinox last month. Apart from the last night, it was served in rather small glasses. I could have asked for a second glass, of course, but after the several glasses of red with the meal, didn't feel the need! A quite decent late bottled vintage, according to the wine list.

Stuart

Any news on the wines by the glass in the Premium Package ?

I have pics from gastro pub n main dining room. Other locations had the same list as main dining room. Im not home yet and pics are in my digital camera so I will type them out here in 2 posts.

Gastro pub:

Sparklers:

Cava Codorniu, Anna de Codornin, Catalonia :$9

Domaine Chanson Classic:$11

Rose Spumante Fantinel:$9

White:

Sauvignon Blanc, Wairan River:$9

Gruner Veltliner, Anton Bauer: $11

Pinot Gris, J Vineyards:$11

Albarino Raimat, Castell de Raimat, $8.5

Chardonnay, Benzinger Family Vineyards:$8.5

Red/Rose:

Rose, Whispering Angel, Chateaux d' Esclans:$12

Tempranillo , CVNE, Tempranillo:$8.5

Syrah /Carignan, Gerard Bertrand :$9

Toscana Rosso, Lagone aia vecchia:$9.5

Any news on the wines by the glass in the Premium Package ?

Dining Room Wines - Continues from previous post.

Champagne n Sparklers:

Fantinel Proseco Extra Dry:$9

The rest of the list is same as the one at gastrobar

White:

J & H Selbach Riesling: $9

Bollini Pinot Giorgio: $9

Clifford Bay Sauvignon Blanc: $10.5

Jean-Luc Colombo Viogner: $8

Ken Forrester, Chenin Blanc:$9.5

Celebrity Cruises Chardonnay: $10.5

Rest of selection available in Premium is same ones as the ones in gastrobar.

Blush / Rose :

Beringer White Zinfandel: $7

Torres Ostado Catalunya Sangre del Toro de Casta: $7

Jean-Luc Colombo, Rose , Cape Blue:$9

Red Wines:

Kendall Jackson, Pinot Noir: $10.5

Cune, Tempranillo, Crianza Rioja:$ 8.5

Nozzole Chianti Classico, Villa di Nozzole Tuscany: $10.5

Clos la Chance Merlot :$9

Montgrass Carmenere, Reserva :$9

Celebrity Cruises Cabernet Sauvignon Cellar Masters: $10.5

Bodega Catena Zapata , Malbec :$10.5

Ross Estate Shiraz , Lights Out : $9

Yangarra Estate, Grenache , Old Vines: $12.5

Chateaux Castera, Medoc, Cru Superieur, Bordeaux: $12.5

Wente Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon: $9

There were several wines that were also available but were over $13.

Edited by Sandy1975

sandy...did you ever get a chance to show them the classic/premium list that's on the celebrity web site to get their reaction?

No because the website has the list that I believe the first bar I asked questions to told me. I think that is where the confusion is at. They were honoring the old list.

This is what I downloaded on my phone from the celebrity website

Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs-1.pdf

No because the website has the list that I believe the first bar I asked questions to told me. I think that is where the confusion is at. They were honoring the old list.

This is what I downloaded on my phone from the celebrity website

Here is the link I used to download the pdf I attached in the prior post.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/onboard-beverage-packages?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages_overview#onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab/onboard/asrPanel%3Fpagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic&ComponentTypeId=30&categoryId=&currencyCode=USD