buying wine near San Pedro cruise ship pier

kluv2cruz

Is there somewhere within walking distance of the world cruise center San Pedro to buy wine? Or.... did I read that there is a free shuttle from there to??? We're coming from LAX using supershuttle and would like to check our luggage at the ship, then walk to pickup up 2 bottles of wine.

If you have a true Bacchus palate, then Off the Vine has the best selection of wines. If you don't mind walking.... It's probably less than 2 miles from the Cruise Ship Terminal.

Off The Vine

491 W 6th St #103, San Pedro, CA 90731

(310) 831-1551

Otherwise, there is a liquor store just up the street from the Crown Plaza on 7th Street.

Edited by elcydcruiser

Can you tell us how far the Crowne Plaza or more precisely the liquor store is from port? I know I saw it when riding by, but not in relation to port.

Thanks!

It's just about 1 mile (approx. 20 minute walk) from the Terminal to the liquor store on 7th & Mesa St.

Edited by elcydcruiser

Is there somewhere within walking distance of the world cruise center San Pedro to buy wine? Or.... did I read that there is a free shuttle from there to??? We're coming from LAX using supershuttle and would like to check our luggage at the ship, then walk to pickup up 2 bottles of wine.

Why take a shuttle when you can take a town car for $55 and have the driver stop at Total Wine or Bevmo? And you won't have to sit at LAX or drive around the terminal a couple of times.:)

Last time my daughter and family flew in they had the driver stop at the In-N-Out for no extra charge. 4 of them for $65.:)

Good suggestion husky61. A towne car through which company? There are 4 of us so we'll be close to that price using the shuttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Usually 4 people are too many for a town car with luggage. The company we use when there are more than 3, is On Time Transportation, ontime1.com, . 4 People would be $65 in a very nice and large SUV, and they will stop where you would like to purchase wine etc. I might add that the vehicles are immaculate and they meet you right outside baggage claim. No waiting for additional passengers and no trips around the airport looking for additional fares. :)

They get excellent reviews on Yelp. And no, I am not affiliated wih them, just use them for transportation.:)

• 2 weeks later...

I asked the same questions we are on the grand princess jan 17,2015 taking a van from lax hoping driver will stop if not I have found off the vine and scheffler liquor to be within a mile of port so iplan to take a taxis back. u didn't say what cruise u r on maybe on the same if so we can share cab

thanks

clint

The free bus is out of Long Beach.

• 3 years later...