Cheers or individual drinks

azcruzers

So, if I have the Cheers package and I want a drink that cost $8.75 before 15% gratuity, it would be included, correct? It is any drink $10 or less before adding the 15% gratuity? You only pay gratuity once when you purchase the package (unless you want to tip extra, of course), correct? Also, are drinks of the day included in the package?

yes to all

In the last, I've only cruised out of Texs which meant that we couldn't purchase the Cheers program until the first Sea Day. This time we will be sailing out of New Orleans on a 7 day cruise. So to confirm that my math is right:

7 days * 2 cruisers over 21 in the cabin * $49.95/day = $699.30 + 15% tip (104.90) = $804.20! Is that correct?

Holy moly!!! I can't imagine spending more for alcohol during the cruise then I spent for the entire cruise! You can buy 7 litres of alcohol Plus soda/juice cards for 2 adults for less than that from the bon voyage shop. Since 1 litre of alcohol is usually more than I can consume during the cruise my total alcohol and drink cost per cruise is usually about $125 or less.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

In the last, I've only cruised out of Texs which meant that we couldn't purchase the Cheers program until the first Sea Day. This time we will be sailing out of New Orleans on a 7 day cruise. So to confirm that my math is right:

7 days * 2 cruisers over 21 in the cabin * $49.95/day = $699.30 + 15% tip (104.90) = $804.20! Is that correct?

Yes sir, that is what we paid on the Dream back on our October cruise. The price went back up the DAY we boarded. There were a LOT of unhappy people that day. Guest services was a long wait.

That is so frustrating... I just asked my CVP about that 2 weeks ago and he told me the wrong information. Thanks.

The frustration is stepping on board with a price in mind to pay and learn that they just went back to the $49 a day price. We, along with a lot of other, were not very happy. Needless to say, we still bought it. LOL

Using the math for ONLY one person The Cheers Package on a 7 day $49.95 + 15% Gratuity = $57.44/day or $402.09!!! I bought the Bottomless Bubbles Package For $6/day + 15% Gratuity = $6.90/day or $48.30. Pre cruise Fun Shops Purchase of 2 litres Bottle of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum was $85 Flat + 6% Tax= $180.20 for a total of $228.60. 2 Liters - about 60 ounces which would yield 30 2 ounce shots. $228.60 / 60 = $3.81 / drink ( Oh yes I carried a refillable flask with me to put the rum in my cokes when I wasn't in my room) Note you do this DISCEETLY. I'm NOT a big Umbrella drink or specialty martini guy so this worked for me. Obviously you could do this with vodka bourbon or other spirits. Savings of $174.00/person $348.00 total.

Edited by iahawkize

Using the math for ONLY one person The Cheers Package on a 7 day $49.95 + 15% Gratuity = $57.44/day or $402.09!!! I bought the Bottomless Bubbles Package For $6/day + 15% Gratuity = $6.90/day or $48.30. Pre cruise Fun Shops Purchase of 2 litres Bottle of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum was $85 Flat + 6% Tax= $180.20 for a total of $228.60. 2 Liters - about 60 ounces which would yield 30 2 ounce shots. $228.60 / 60 = $3.81 / drink ( Oh yes I carried a refillable flask with me to put the rum in my cokes when I wasn't in my room) Note you do this DISCEETLY. I'm NOT a big Umbrella drink or specialty martini guy so this worked for me. Obviously you could do this with vodka bourbon or other spirits. Savings of $174.00/person $348.00 total.

I didn't even do it discreetly. Last cruise I bought a liter of vodka and I carried a glass full of it around in my carnival Tervis mug and just spiked my drink at will. When I was down to only an ounce or two one of the bartenders asked me if I'd like him to just put my juice in the Tervis mug and I told him okay but don't pour the contents out and he said Oh I wouldn't throw out your vodka. So he knew I was spiking the drink. And there were a few bartenders that I openly told that I had a bottle of Bon Voyage vodka in my room that I was drinking. If it's against the rules they don't act like it.

For those that have previously used the Cheers program, are they strict on the 15 a day limit? I know I wouldn't reach it and that my husband can bum off my 15 if need be, but he is one that can drink all day and still be coherent and fine. So will they automatically stop at 15 or just stop once they see it is obvious you can't handle anymore for the day?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

For those that have previously used the Cheers program, are they strict on the 15 a day limit? I know I wouldn't reach it and that my husband can bum off my 15 if need be, but he is one that can drink all day and still be coherent and fine. So will they automatically stop at 15 or just stop once they see it is obvious you can't handle anymore for the day?

Early on, it was just a guideline, but there was a memo that went out that makes it a hard cut off at 15 drinks. You can buy drinks prior to hitting 15 on the program to consume more or your DH can get drinks illegally from you if your limit is 8 and he can handle 22 drinks.......

Early on, it was just a guideline, but there was a memo that went out that makes it a hard cut off at 15 drinks. You can buy drinks prior to hitting 15 on the program to consume more or your DH can get drinks illegally from you if your limit is 8 and he can handle 22 drinks.......

Thank you! I will keep that in mind! No matter what we are still going to get the Cheers on our upcoming cruise because it is such a bargain when you average it out over a 7 day (well 6 day since we cruise of Galveston) cruise!

I have to agree with these numbers! It much more convenient and cost effective to use the Fun Shops bottle purchase than to use the Cheers program. Even though the Fun Shops prices are what most would call gouging...the Cheers program is also gouging when you price it out for a 1 or 1-1/2 oz. drink in a small glass, $5.75 plus grat...$7 essentially for basic drinks.

You don't even have to get the BotBubbles program, since you can bring sodas onboard at embarkation and at Nassau, there is a little mkt one block left of the straw mkt. ...(every ship goes to Nassau at some time during an E.Carr. cruise:rolleyes:)

At any rate, with Cheers, if you want a nightcap or early morning Bloody, you have to trek to an open bar....then return to your cabin with a drink with melted ice, and not very appealing....:)

One other note, to avoid the local sales tax, order from room service late in the day on embarkation or anytime time other during the cruise....:)

Edited by jwjax

Another piggy back of this question. My mother in law will have her own sign and sail account linked to her own credit card. She doesn't drink. I on the other hand drink my fair share. Since we have separate accounts will they allow me to purchase cheers even though we are sharing a cabin?

Another piggy back of this question. My mother in law will have her own sign and sail account linked to her own credit card. She doesn't drink. I on the other hand drink my fair share. Since we have separate accounts will they allow me to purchase cheers even though we are sharing a cabin?

No everyone in the cabin 21 or older must purchase

Thank you! I will keep that in mind! No matter what we are still going to get the Cheers on our upcoming cruise because it is such a bargain when you average it out over a 7 day (well 6 day since we cruise of Galveston) cruise!

$402 per person is a bargain? I certainly have had onboard charges that were that high but they weren't all for alcohol! I usually only reach that kind of a total after booking tours, spa treatments, shopping in the stores, and for my gratuities! If I spent that much just for alcohol my feelings sign charges would approach $1000 per person!

• 2 weeks later...

On the Liberty not only did they enforce the limit, they would not let someone buy another drink at full price after he had hit his 15 drink limit. We met someone who had the package and discontinued it after a few days because that happened to him.

I found it very interesting that Carnival limited his total intake when he had the package but when he discontinued it they would sell him as much as he wanted if he was paying the price per drink.

Does anyone know where Strawberry Daquiri's or Miami Vice drinks fall under the spreadsheet? I believe we normally pay $9 something, but not sure. Trying to figure out if Cheers will be worth it for us. Thanks.

Daiquiri's are an "Icy Invention" @ $7.50/ea + 15% gratuity. $8.63.