Oasis Dynamic Dinning question

whitshel

I know they are saying that you can make reservations for DD starting in January, do you think this is for all dates on Oasis? Our cruise isn't until January 2016 so just wondering if we can make them 1 year out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know they are saying that you can make reservations for DD starting in January, do you think this is for all dates on Oasis? Our cruise isn't until January 2016 so just wondering if we can make them 1 year out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If its anything like Anthem you will be able to. I made my DD reservations for Anthem this past summer and we sail Christmas 2015.

We will be on the first cruise when DD goes live so it will be interesting. I am not one to make big plans/reservations in advance (after all it's called vacation not work). However, I would be interested to hear peoples thoughts on just waiting and taking my chances on places to eat. We are in a suite so I assume we can always do the Coastal Kitchen or whatever they call that restaurant on 17.

We will be on the first cruise when DD goes live so it will be interesting. I am not one to make big plans/reservations in advance (after all it's called vacation not work). However, I would be interested to hear peoples thoughts on just waiting and taking my chances on places to eat. We are in a suite so I assume we can always do the Coastal Kitchen or whatever they call that restaurant on 17.

You don't "have to" plan ahead,

Everyone has really got the wrong message from it, the point is to be like an ordinary restaurant, with walk ups and reservations optional, however everyone seems to be panicking and booking every possible slot, ruining DD for the good that it could be.

LOL!!! Walking up to one of the restaurants in most cases on a ship with Dynamic Dining does not work. People begin making advance reservations as soon as it opens months before the cruise. The ones that are the most enjoyable quickly fill up and there are waiting lines outside the restaurants. I will be working to avoid ships with Dynamic Dining in the future.

You don't "have to" plan ahead,

Everyone has really got the wrong message from it, the point is to be like an ordinary restaurant, with walk ups and reservations optional, however everyone seems to be panicking and booking every possible slot, ruining DD for the good that it could be.

I totally agree. Having been on the Quantum transatlantic, I was also caught up in the frenzy of feeling I had to make my reservations beforehand. On board I realised I could just go to whichever restaurant I felt like eating in that night. In future I may book 1or 2 that I want for a specific date or time, otherwise I will not bother.

It is a holiday after all.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

LOL!!! Walking up to one of the restaurants in most cases on a ship with Dynamic Dining does not work. People begin making advance reservations as soon as it opens months before the cruise. The ones that are the most enjoyable quickly fill up and there are waiting lines outside the restaurants. I will be working to avoid ships with Dynamic Dining in the future.

But that's not the point of DD, it's not meant for you too book up in advance.

Yes book certain nights, say you are having an occasion onboard, book the restaurant you want that night, or say you want to have formal on a specific night, book Grande.

But for the rest, if people stopped booking upfront it would be how it is supposed to be, DYNAMIC.

People are just taking the concept entirely wrong and rushing to book thinking they would never get in!

I totally agree. Having been on the Quantum transatlantic, I was also caught up in the frenzy of feeling I had to make my reservations beforehand. On board I realised I could just go to whichever restaurant I felt like eating in that night. In future I may book 1or 2 that I want for a specific date or time, otherwise I will not bother.

It is a holiday after all.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Exactly! Walk ups is how Dynamic Dining is meant to be, and it's been taken wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised if the people who haven't read about DD through Cruise Critic are the ones who aren't booking everything and are still managing to get in everywhere they want to go!

these post a little ambiguous to me still. lol ;) w/so much trouble on the RCCL web site I gave up trying to book my dining & coordinate the shows, but I am still worried that times will be all taken as a "walk-in" and we will be stuck w/dinner in the buffet. now, my head/cruising experience knows this is unlikely but can't help but pine :( ............. guess time will tell. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

The people with food allergies like haveing the same server to keep track of my food and make sure i am not sick on my vacation . also having a special needs kids it was nice to have the same server to understand our needs and not have to reexplain them every night. can you get a server to follow you . ?????? very worried mom of 2 with a trip on oasis 2016 paid and not sure what to do know

The people with food allergies like haveing the same server to keep track of my food and make sure i am not sick on my vacation . also having a special needs kids it was nice to have the same server to understand our needs and not have to reexplain them every night. can you get a server to follow you . ?????? very worried mom of 2 with a trip on oasis 2016 paid and not sure what to do know

If its an issue which you're concerned about for medical reasons I would switch to a different ship.

So I'm new to RCCL but not to cruising. When we booked the agent said we were booked for "Dynamic Dinning". Now I don't know what that really means except that we will have options at various restaurants on the Oasis.

So in my head this means we do not have guaranteed seating anywhere correct? Also, the above post states that DD has been delayed till later in the year. Now my cruise isn't till September but how do I even begin to plan dinning options?:confused:

So I'm new to RCCL but not to cruising. When we booked the agent said we were booked for "Dynamic Dinning". Now I don't know what that really means except that we will have options at various restaurants on the Oasis.

So in my head this means we do not have guaranteed seating anywhere correct? Also, the above post states that DD has been delayed till later in the year. Now my cruise isn't till September but how do I even begin to plan dinning options?:confused:

All you can do is wait until Royal gets their act together, just like the rest of us. Keep checking the website and this forum.

I am still not able to get into the dining booking and I thought that it was suppose to be open in January. Has anyone else tried to any booking in January?

Yes, I've also tried it with no luck. I read earlier today that they are hoping to get the dining back online by February.

Edited by clarea

Have an Oct 2015 on the Oasis and I am really, really hoping they drop the DD idea on ship other than the Quantium and Anthem. Love to meet people from all cultures at meal time, but you can't get to know anyone at a single meal. I feel like this is a big mistake. If you like that type dining , NCL and others offer it. At 264 nights and counting, will have 300 by years end, so not a newbie

Have an Oct 2015 on the Oasis and I am really, really hoping they drop the DD idea on ship other than the Quantium and Anthem. Love to meet people from all cultures at meal time, but you can't get to know anyone at a single meal. I feel like this is a big mistake. If you like that type dining , NCL and others offer it. At 264 nights and counting, will have 300 by years end, so not a newbie
I agree. Hope our favorite ship FR stays traditional. We have 4 cruises booked on her.