College Championship Game on the Sensation

MandiesMom

Call 5 years a dynasty all you want, but very few teams are always in contention no matter what. Ohio State is there decade after decade. SEC is not. Enjoy the SEC's short sprint to the top. Any time they peak, Ohio State will still be there getting their chance. Get over it. :p

Alabama has won National titles in the 20's, 40's, 60's, 70's, 90's, 00's, and 10's...

Nah, they're not there decade after decade :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey BuckeyeFrank! TheProdigy was mine first! We can split it and spend it somewhere in C-Bus. Westerville or Polaris area?

I work in the Polaris area!

People just don't get it. The Big 12 and Pac 12 don't play ANY defense at all. Alabama is one of the few teams in the SEC that actually does play some defense. I was at the Va Tech game and it was a horrible loss; however, the current OSU team is not the same team that lost. I think this is the most improved team I've ever seen during the course of a year. I like the Buckeye chances.

Oh wow! LOL! I didn't mean to get a "My team is better than your team" thread going. But, this is why I love college football! :)

For what it's worth, I'm a Die Hard Auburn fan so I won't be sad if Bama loses. Although, it will probably make the rest of my trip miserable if they do.

War Eagle! May the best team win! Looking forward to watching :)

People just don't get it. The Big 12 and Pac 12 don't play ANY defense at all. Alabama is one of the few teams in the SEC that actually does play some defense. I was at the Va Tech game and it was a horrible loss; however, the current OSU team is not the same team that lost. I think this is the most improved team I've ever seen during the course of a year. I like the Buckeye chances.

I agree wholeheartedly. This team had really come a long way since the 2nd week horror. Barrett was ready for Friday night lights but not quite ready for Saturday night lights! If the defense can tackle and cover like the did against the Badgers they legitimately have a chance to move on to the finals.

Alabama has won National titles in the 20's, 40's, 60's, 70's, 90's, 00's, and 10's...

Nah, they're not there decade after decade :-)

Take what I said out of context if you want. I was speaking directly to people who keep saying Ohio State doesn't deserve to be there. By any measure, Alabama has more national championships than anyone outside of the old Princeton/Yale stuff. Like Alabama, Ohio State is one of the teams who are there because they consistently do what that have to do to be there no matter how the landscape changes.

The one thing this playoff system did right is make is so whoever plays for the championship has to play at least 1 good team. No more going undefeated in any conference as an automatic bid to play in the big game.

Yet the Pac12 took 3 of tge defensive awards this year. Bring on the Noles. I will be in Pasadena. Can't wait.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Really? Bama finished 20th in the AP poll that year. They didn't even win the conference that year. That was one of those fairytale self claimed championships.

You mean like the fairy tale one that Mich. St. And Notre Dame shared in 1966?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And if I recall & almost sure but I think urban had to be rushed to the hospital the last time as you call him a pretty good coach with heart problems when he coached the last time against the best coach saban and not soon after he left fl because he wasn't the pretty good coach as you call him no longer in the sec. So maybe he will be in better shape this time. And I will give him credit on what he has done this year with all the injures he has had to deal with. So let's just see how it turns out cause nobody knows that.

And really, Urban's a pretty good coach, even with a "third string" quarterback!

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know if there is a bar on the Sensation (or any place on the ship) that will show the College Championship Game? My husband is an Alabama fan and he is wigging out on me.

Looks like his team won't be playing in that game after all...

This Buckeye fan will be on the Fascination on the 12th. Any idea is that ship will have a place to watch the game? Fingers crossed!

Their sister ships with identical deck plans. Same areas, different names.

• 2 weeks later...
If Ohio State and their 3rd string quarterback beat the SEC champions that have created a dynasty over the past 5 years with the best coach in college football i will wire you $100 dollars to spend on your cruise

Just curious...Did you wire the money yet?