Talk to me about Navigator

spookwife

Thanks everyone for all the chatter because there is very little about Navigator on cruise critic and I have booked it for March 2016 - I know so far off, but our daughter is turning 50 and has never cruised before so I am reading everything about Navigator to give her the best of the best. It will be going out of Ft. Lauderdale by then!

We had a great trip on Navigator. I can't say enough about how friendly the crew was!

As for excursions.. it's been a year or so since I went to Falmouth but if you are looking for something cheap to do that's safe there was a "beach day" we booked on board. I want to say it was $30ish per person. Came with the taxi there. You could leave when you wanted. There was a more expensive option that included food, but you could order food there if you wanted it. It was a nice beach with no pandering and good security. Good facilities. We would do it again.

In Cozumel in November we booked the Cozumel Bar Hop independantly. It was nice. The bars/beaches on that side were very nice. There's one or two we may catch a cab and go to next time.

Have fun and take care of her until we get to go again in May.

$55 includes everything at Nachi. Free flowing drinks and a 3 course meal (we did have extra appetizers and that was fine). Chairs under a palapa or by the pool or both. Clean and peaceful with good service. Transportation is extra.

I've done Dunne's River and wasn't a fan. After climbing up and clobbering my shins, we got up there and started singing "Is that all there is? Is that all there is?" Not sure what I was expecting but it did NOT "Exceed my expectations". But people flock to it so maybe I just didn't "get it."

Edited by bighairtexan

We ordered breakfast from the MDR and it was delivered VERY quickly and was hot. Just a FYI my friend wanted pancakes and she did the ordering. THey asked her how many pancakes and she said "3 please." Well in addition to the other items there were 3 PLATES of pancakes! :eek: I wanted eggs benedict so when asked she told them TWO so you guessed it. We had our 3 PLATES of pancakes as well as 2 PLATES of eggs benedict. They brought so many plates it looked Like an army invaded our suite or something.

I guess the lesson, here, albeit a funny way to learn it is 'be careful what you say, you may get more, much more than what you expect'.

We love the Martini Bar on Celebrity, is there something similar on Navigator? Sailing on Jan. 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The R Bar on 4/Promenade is the old Martini Bar. Still has most of the drinks, just different. There is also Vintage which is all wine. Nice here as they have a complimentary cheese, meat fruit plate.

Booked the Nachi Cocum, its $55 pp, all inclusive. Has anyone done the Dunn River Falls climb in Jamaica and can recommend a tour?

We did Nachi last trip and enjoyed it. We did take the taxi both ways which was okay. This time we had a friend with LOTS of Cozumel experience. We had a blast going to his haunts.

Did Dunn River Falls a long time ago. You might want to check out the board for Jamaica and get others input.

Edited by DaNana

We are going in March with 3 other couples. We are all scheduled for the 8:00 dinner, but I think we need to switch to MTD. They want to be able to have the same waiter every night, but I think 8 is just a little late to be eating. With MTD are you able to make reservations for main dinning room at say 7?

We are going in March with 3 other couples. We are all scheduled for the 8:00 dinner, but I think we need to switch to MTD. They want to be able to have the same waiter every night, but I think 8 is just a little late to be eating. With MTD are you able to make reservations for main dinning room at say 7?

From what I understand if you make MTD reservations for 7pm each night you MOST likely will have the same wait staff assigned to your table.

yeap. and it is easy to get the same table/waitstaff every night. half the time we didn't even need to ask.

just understand that with MTD you are not seated on the same floor as the set dining guests. not sure how Nav does it since she has three floors of Main Dining.

yeap. and it is easy to get the same table/waitstaff every night. half the time we didn't even need to ask.

just understand that with MTD you are not seated on the same floor as the set dining guests. not sure how Nav does it since she has three floors of Main Dining.

Probably one of the dining rooms is set aside for MTD -- one side perhaps for reservations already made and the other for those that just walk up and want to be seated.

Just booked last nt for the 2/15 sailing. Our 1st rear facing aft balcony so excited about that aspect!

I assume there is self disembark? If so, has anyone used this and approx what time were you off the ship?

Any idea about the cost for Sabor or is it based on the menu(s) items you order?

Thanks.

Self disembark is on all of the ships, I believe. It works wonderfully for us. Usually off the ship soon very soon after they allow it. It all depends on the number of self disembarks. When we did it very recently from Her Majesty of the Seas the bigger problem was that Customs had very few agents working and that added about 15- 20 minutes onto us getting into our car and off to home.

What we generally do is leave our luggage in our cabin and go to breakfast in WJ. We wait to hear that the departing the ship has begun and go to get our luggage which is all ready to go and then walk off ship. Easy as that.

Edited by Paulette3028

Hi! Does anyone know the MDR nightly dinner menu order for the 7 night Cozumel/Jamaica/Grand Cayman itinerary and what nights are formal night? I know the names of the menus and I've seen the menus I just don't know the correct order! I'm wanting to make specialty dining reservations in advance... Thanks for any feedback!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nights 2 and 6 are the formal nights

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hawkeye 93.....you don't happen to be a 1993 University of IA alumni do you? Your signature caught my attention b/c that's exactly what I am. Just living in Texas now! Needed to live closer to a cruise port!

Yes!! 1993 hawkeye grad but we've been in texas for almost 20 years now. :)

Very new to cruising. Took first one last year. Always was too nervous bc I get extremely motion sick. Got Bonine and had no problems and loved it so we are trying it again this year. Knock on wood I have no issues again this time. :-)

Too funny! We too have been in TX (Houston) now for almost 20 yrs! Came here in 1997 from Waterloo, IA. Next thing you are going to tell me is your sailing on Navigator the same week as us.....2/15?

What was your degree at Iowa? I graduated with a BBA from the College of Bus Admin. Now working in the 401k industry.

I met my husband on a cruise actually in '97. His job allows him to work anywhere as long as he's in a big city. Well, that doesn't really exist in Iowa so I was working for Principal Financial Group and they transferred me to Texas. Funny how life takes us where it does!

Small world and glad you finally found cruising!

Way too funny. I graduated with my BA in psychology and dh graduated with his BBA. Moved to Dallas in 1994 where he eventually got his MBA from SMU. He's in the mortgage industry and worked for Fannie Mae for many years. Now works from home (God help me, sometimes lol) with United Guaranty on their marketing side. We leave a week from today on the Christmas cruise! We have only one kiddo and he's almost 16 so cruising is great bc he can do his own thing and not complain of boredom. He lives in the sports court.

Enjoy ur cruise!!! I may need to send you a private message for help with directions. We are spending the night in Webster before going on into Galveston.