Fashion police

westward

I had to read that twice because I thought you were referring to the First Lady of the United States. :eek:

I fairly consistantly sport a muffin top. Not because my jeans are too small. I wear a belt and if I go up in size they fall off--as it is, I'm constantly pulling them up. I have a thick middle and most pants are low to mid rise. I haven't found any (reasonably priced) that rise to my waist. Jeans just aren't designed for my body shape. In dresses, I just look fat, no muffin top.

OMG I am exactly the same.. I wear a size 12 jean (tall) and a 1 or even 2 X top. Any bigger bottoms, just hang off my butt, and I can pull them straight down without unzipping them. I really have a no butt problem. lol I will always have a muffin top. Pretty good sized muffins on top of muffin top also. Wish there was something I could do, but I just have to live with it. You are not alone.

"a dumpy tee shirt, ill cut shorts & clunky white sneakers are what screams "American from a flyover state" to me... & we get a ton of those where I live." :)

Did I actually just read that right?

That's where I bit my tongue also

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well each to their own but I find the 'cruise uniform' of ladies white pants and navy and white striped top quite funny. My hubby does a tally at the end of each day of the number of cruise uniforms he's seen lol...

Well, you can laugh at me because I actually like that classic nautical look. I also often pair the striped shirt with navy capris instead of white. Beige kackis look good too (to me.) Well, have a good laugh if you see me. Just curious, what do you wear?

"a dumpy tee shirt, ill cut shorts & clunky white sneakers are what screams "American from a flyover state" to me... & we get a ton of those where I live." :)

Did I actually just read that right?

That's where I bit my tongue also

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, that was my post, it was originally in response to quite a few posts that were about tourists that were removed by the mods... & now, it's lost it's context & sounds quite horrid... actually was probably horrid to begin with.

I apologize to anyone that I offended. :)

To me, capris make a statement, "I cannot find slacks that are the correct length for my legs and I can't be bothered with alterations. (or there's a flood coming and I will be the only one with dry cuffs.)"

Now see, to ME, capris make the statement, "It's too dang hot to wear slacks." :D

I wear capris because I have fat legs and you do not want to see me in shorts. Yes, long pants are too hot, shorts are unflattering, and capris that come to just below the knee are just right. Gosh, I feel like Goldilocks right now.:D

If I can't find a pair of capris I like, I purchase a pair of well fitting pants and hem them to the correct length. Easy, peasy.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

My embarkation outfit is usually something "nautical". Why not? Very fashionable right now and sets the mood. :cool:

Hi:)......personally, I think Nautical is pretty much a classic and yes,

it does set the mood:D

If there are women (and men) who don't like that look? Well, they

don't have to wear it:eek:..........

You know what? I've reached the stage in my life where I don't care what others think of me. I am on vacation, I am comfortable, I am covered up (not showing parts that shouldn't be seen), and I am happy, and I just don't care. Life is too short.

You know what? I've reached the stage in my life where I don't care what others think of me. I am on vacation, I am comfortable, I am covered up (not showing parts that shouldn't be seen), and I am happy, and I just don't care. Life is too short.

Couldn't agree more. Enjoy yourself. Wear what you comfortable in as long as it covers what it should. Life is short! ENJOY.

It's strange how things work, but at times, something happens to bring everything into perspective. A friend of mine (from CC) has just found out that her husband has only weeks to live, and here I am, wondering what the heck should I wear on my vacation. Really? Her life is about to change forever, and I'm obsessing over whether my fat arms and legs are going to offend anyone in the dining room.??? I'm officially over it. Thank you for letting me vent!

Ger-77, yes something like that does make us dithering about fashion choices for a cruise sound rather shallow.

But, it doesn't mean that clothing choices, or any other choices come to that, are not important; they are just not as important.

Wear what you are comfortable wearing and don't worry about what others think.

I prefer sleeveless or strapless with my jiggley arms, I think it de- emphasises them. My sister swears by above the elbow sleeves. Neither are right or wrong; it is personal preference.

At 61 I wear a bikini and don't care what anyone thinks.

Cheers, h.

Sent from the nether world using magic

The worst I saw was the man who wore very short "jorts" - or jean shorts - the ENTIRE cruise. And of course I saw him every single day! He also had a mullet, and wore button front shirts tucked into his shorts. The one thing I will say, he made my husband and I smile every time we saw him!

But yes, I agree with the theme this post is headed - be happy and who cares what you wear. However, I try to look presentable and not offensive and teach my children to care how they look as well. I think that you should be aware of things like too short shorts, exposed bras, tight clothing etc. But in the end, it's not my business and you are free to wear what you want (to a point, keep it PG-13!)

The worst I saw was the man who wore very short "jorts" - or jean shorts - the ENTIRE cruise. And of course I saw him every single day! He also had a mullet, and wore button front shirts tucked into his shorts. The one thing I will say, he made my husband and I smile every time we saw him!

But yes, I agree with the theme this post is headed - be happy and who cares what you wear. However, I try to look presentable and not offensive and teach my children to care how they look as well. I think that you should be aware of things like too short shorts, exposed bras, tight clothing etc. But in the end, it's not my business and you are free to wear what you want (to a point, keep it PG-13!)

Nicely said.

The worst I saw was the man who wore very short "jorts" - or jean shorts - the ENTIRE cruise. And of course I saw him every single day! He also had a mullet, and wore button front shirts tucked into his shorts. The one thing I will say, he made my husband and I smile every time we saw him! ...

Let me guess: he was traveling with his, ahem, "cousin." Did the button front shirts have the sleeves ripped off?? ;) That stereotype just lept into my brain when I read this and made me laugh!

Some people's attire will give me an internal chuckle and put a smile on my face. But, I don't obsess over what my fellow travelers are wearing - jorts on the deck or ball gowns (or prom dresses) on a 4 day cruise, it's their choice, as is mine.

I agree with your comment however I am one of those Capri people with sneakers. I found after 2 knee replacements the sneaks give me good traction.....and I like Capri what can u say

I am in the same club. Long pants get too hot, I am too squat for shorts to be comfy, and I have terrible foot pain so "streamlined" footwear is out of the question. I call my loose capris "hobbit pants", because my first pair was brown, and I am pretty short. :rolleyes:

Lol I totally just bought a blue and white stripped tee, an orange and white stripped tee plus white Capri's on clearance at my local grocery store (joe fresh @Zehr's) was so happy under $20 all in and will finally look nautical. Lol *rethinks packing dumb stripped shirts* ....but am still is on look out for a cool anchor necklace to complete the uniform ;)

Stripes are very in fashion right now. Capris are also very in style. Several style blogs say that on a cruise ship is one of the few places you can pull off the nautical look. Most of the comments on this thread have been very old fashioned and out of fashion.