Transatlantic and 123 Go

ScarlettMLB

My fiance and I are looking to take a transatlantic cruise for our honeymoon in April 2016. Celebrity is our favorite line and we found our perfect trip: the 14 day trip on the Equinox on April 15 (Ft Lauderdale to Barcelona). This is a dream trip for both of us and the biggest reason that we chose the exact date that we did for our wedding is to fit with the honeymoon departure date.

Since it's our honeymoon and a longer trip, we're looking at a S1 (aft corner suite). I was VERY excited to see that Celebrity has a 123 go and that Concierge Class or higher means you can choose all 3: free beverage package, free gratuities and $300 onboard. Then I read the small print: transatlantic excluded.

I can understand why beverage packages and gratuities may not be profitable on a TA, and I also understand that repositioning cruises in general are relatively cheap overall. I did some searching on cruise critic and see that it's pretty common that TAs are excluded from the 123 Go promotion.

I'm just curious if there are EVER promotions (aside from 123 Go), that would include TAs. Or is price really the only thing I have to watch for, aside from perks I may find with a given travel agent? We have 16 months, so there's no rush to book the trip. Currently there's lots of availability for the cabin class we want.

I'm torn between booking now, since we're 100% sure that this is the trip we want and if we book now we get our pick of cabin locations, and waiting to see if something better is offered.

Chances are, you won't get a promo that includes the beverage package. Some TAs will pay your gratuities.

There is little harm in booking now, if the price goes down you can drop your price or cancel and rebook. Booking may tie up inventory which is more limited in an S1 and drive the price up, but there is no way to know that so the only "real" downside is whether you're ok to tie the funds up in the deposit which I believe will be $1800.

The absolute best thing to do is book it, but if you know someone sailing very soon to book it onboard as the deposit is less, and refunded as refundable OBC. Just give the trusted person your info and Captains Club numbers. You'd still be eligible fit price drops.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your helpful responses! I'd love any photos or information you have about S1 on Equinox. Which cabin were you in? From reviews I've read, I don't want the highest deck for S1, because there's a lot of noise there. Is there any other location considerations?

We did an S1 on Reflection last year and absolutely fell in love with the Aft balcony. We booked CC on Solstice earlier this year for our Alaska cruise for the aft balcony. We liked that cabin fine and would do it again, but since this is a special trip and a bit longer, we're going for the larger cabin and larger balcony. Our assumption is that an S1 on Equinox is similar to one on Reflection?

I'll call the travel agent soon, if there's no point in waiting. I didn't want to call until I was ready to book - I have a tendency to get really excited when I'm on the phone and book whether I'm ready or not. ;)

PS I have pictures of an S1 on. Equinox if you're interested.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Look into booking a suite in a higher category. I think there are special perks involving the Zenith and suite lounge plus special dining rooms. It may not be worth it if the cost is more than what the bev pack would be.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Your sky suite WILL include the suite dinning room. A CS (one category up) comes with Michael's Club access, which includes a number of unpunished perks You'll loose your aft view with any other suite.

To answer your specific questions;

We've sailed in 9299 on Eclipse and 9374 on Equinox. Our first voice would be deck 11, avoiding 12 for the reason you stated. Then deck 9, 8, 7, 10, 6deck 10 will have an up stricter view on part of the balcony.

The rooms are all the same and as the know, wonderful.

I actually do not have pictures from Equinox handy but may at home. These are almost an identical mirror image of our Equinox cabin from our Eclipse Cabin.

http://.https://flickr.com/photos/9192941@N03/sets/72157632435789067

Part of your value of a great vacation is the anticipation. All the more so for the special occasion.

Congratulations!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Look into booking a suite in a higher category. I think there are special perks involving the Zenith and suite lounge plus special dining rooms. It may not be worth it if the cost is more than what the bev pack would be.

Happy cruising [emoji305][emoji568][emoji631][emoji560]

Miched is right,Michael's Club would supplement a good part of a beverage package BUT the cost is almost always more than what it would cost you ti just buy the benefits. Plus, when you're at the pool or dinner you'll still have to buy a drink. While it's nice, it's not the Martini or Molecular Bar.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Good thoughts - thanks. My fiance loved Michaels Club when we were on Reflection (before the switch), so we were pretty disappointed when that became upper suites only. It's definitely tempting, but we're trying to balance with doing our honeymoon right and remembering that we have a very expensive party that we're planning immediately before we sail. ;)

Miched is right,Michael's Club would supplement a good part of a beverage package BUT the cost is almost always more than what it would cost you ti just buy the benefits. Plus, when you're at the pool or dinner you'll still have to buy a drink. While it's nice, it's not the Martini or Molecular Bar.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

My fiance and I are looking to take a transatlantic cruise for our honeymoon in April 2016. Celebrity is our favorite line and we found our perfect trip: the 14 day trip on the Equinox on April 15 (Ft Lauderdale to Barcelona). This is a dream trip for both of us and the biggest reason that we chose the exact date that we did for our wedding is to fit with the honeymoon departure date.

Since it's our honeymoon and a longer trip, we're looking at a S1 (aft corner suite). I was VERY excited to see that Celebrity has a 123 go and that Concierge Class or higher means you can choose all 3: free beverage package, free gratuities and $300 onboard. Then I read the small print: transatlantic excluded.

I can understand why beverage packages and gratuities may not be profitable on a TA, and I also understand that repositioning cruises in general are relatively cheap overall. I did some searching on cruise critic and see that it's pretty common that TAs are excluded from the 123 Go promotion.

I'm just curious if there are EVER promotions (aside from 123 Go), that would include TAs. Or is price really the only thing I have to watch for, aside from perks I may find with a given travel agent? We have 16 months, so there's no rush to book the trip. Currently there's lots of availability for the cabin class we want.

I'm torn between booking now, since we're 100% sure that this is the trip we want and if we book now we get our pick of cabin locations, and waiting to see if something better is offered.

We are not long back from a TA on Eclipse and got the drinks package and tips. However I think that was an offer for UK bookings only, but I may be wrong.

We are not long back from a TA on Eclipse and got the drinks package and tips. However I think that was an offer for UK bookings only, but I may be wrong.

It was UK only Jo, finished on Nov 30th.

I think you may have got the tips because you booked on board.

OP,

Offers vary, I booked Reflection in April '14, for Oct 2015 and was only given OBC of $75.

When the UK TransAtlantic offer became available, I rang and was told at 'today's prices' it was +£299, so I left it. 2 weeks later, I added my airfare, so I enquired again. This time, it was +£139, but I was told I would loose our OBC. As that only amounted to £50 ish, I decided the Classic package was the better offer.

I have since been sent a new invoice, adding OBC of $50. All this is in the space of less than a month!

You can only decide by ringing a TA, to find out the current offer.

Edited by upwarduk

Book now, the S1's and other suites will all be gone in short order. I noticed TA's this year to places other than Southampton booked up ealry on, especially the suites, and they were gone early on.

Not sure if a Celebrity Suite is in budget, but it would include Michael's club access, where you can get your free drinks as you wish all day long....and some nice pampering along the way.

Edited by cle-guy

Doesn't a CS include the drink package (starting in April 2015) as well?

No, RS and up.

Generally,

• Sky Suites get suite dining
  • Celebrity suite adds Michael's Club
  • Royal and up add drinks, internet and specialty dining

We have a upcoming TA April 2015 in a S1 corner aft and it went up $2,700 p.p. Is the Captain's Club Offering OBC for a early booking loyalty deal? You can get the deal and transfer to a Travel Agent and get more perks (OBC,Tips etc.) Inventory goes fast on TA's for these kinds of cabins, they are very much in demand for long crossings. Let us know what you decide, good luck.

Thanks again for everyone's input - it's been a big help.

We're going to go ahead and book soon - the TA that we usually use offers free gratuities, so that will be nice. Some OBC would be nice too, but we also understand that we're getting a great deal overall. (When you compare like cabin classes, this 14 day TA is cheaper than the 7 day Alaska cruise we did a few months ago.)

I'm not familiar with an early booking loyalty deal for Captain's Club. We've only sailed Celebrity twice, so we don't have a high status (if we do CC or higher on this sailing, though, it'll bump us to the next level). Is that something that would just be available to higher levels or how would I find out about that?

We have a upcoming TA April 2015 in a S1 corner aft and it went up $2,700 p.p. Is the Captain's Club Offering OBC for a early booking loyalty deal? You can get the deal and transfer to a Travel Agent and get more perks (OBC,Tips etc.) Inventory goes fast on TA's for these kinds of cabins, they are very much in demand for long crossings. Let us know what you decide, good luck.

Very cool! Hopefully we'll get to meet on board! I noticed there's no roll call started yet for this sailing...I guess one of us needs to get that going!

I am booked on that sailing! We booked early so that we could make sure that we had the cabin we wanted. I booked two cabins in A1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Forums mobile app

So my fiance and I read over all the responses and discussed it and decided...to book it! This is the first official part of our wedding that we've officially booked, so I'm especially excited. :)

Deposit for the S1 (deck 11) was $900. We got free gratuities through our TA.

I guess now we spend the next year watching rates to see if it comes down or if any new perks get offered that would entice us to switch reservations....

And just as a random aside - if Celebrity happens to stumble across this post, I do think that the disclaimer is poorly written regarding TA's for the 123 Go. It's ambiguous to where it could be interpreted that only TA's that depart Mar 15 2015, Dec 5 2015, and Mar 13 2016 are excluded - so anything else is included:

"Offer excludes Celebrity Xpedition, Transatlantic, Transpacific, Asia and South America repositioning cruises that depart Mar. 15 and Dec. 5, 2015, and Mar. 13, 2016"

There is an offer for Canadians to get a package on the Silhouette and Reflection April 2015 TA

To get a flight to Miami, transfer to ship , classic drink package and gratitude

All prices are in CAD

Price on the Silhouette for an inside cabin is $2000

Price for just the cabin is $1175

Flight to Mia from Toronto is about $310

Drink package is $910

Tips are $202

Total of discount is $1422

Which means you are paying about $800 for a side cabin

Wish they include the flight back to Toronto in that price

I agree that it's what they meant (since I was told my TA is ineligible). However, I think it's worded poorly. If someone really wanted to press it, I think they would have a case for misleading advertising.

Example: if I said "All men, women, and children that have blond hair get a discount." Would you think that 100% of men and women get a discount and only blond kids got it? Or would you think that only blond people: whether they're men, women, or children got it?

The disclaimer could easily be reworded to say "South American repositioning cruises on X dates, and all repositioning, transatlanta, etc...." By putting the itinerary that has specific dates at the end of the disclaimer it opens it up for misinterpretation.

I think it's the South American repositioning on those dates that are excluded.