Explore4 and chocolate shop on Westerdam

DaveOKC

Dave, try looking at Crew News' website (http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/). I believe (hope) he has the menus for the Chocolate Seduction on the Westerdam. I tried to check for it but, for some reason, the website won't load for me. Hopefully, it will work for you.

As far as I know, if the beverage is under $7, it should be covered by the SBP.

Dave, try looking at Crew News' website (http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/). I believe (hope) he has the menus for the Chocolate Seduction on the Westerdam. I tried to check for it but, for some reason, the website won't load for me. Hopefully, it will work for you.

As far as I know, if the beverage is under $7, it should be covered by the SBP.

I got it to work! However, while it lists a number of drinks (including fruit smoothies) it does not mention milkshakes! I know they have them.

I'm glad you were able to access the website and the menu. I don't recall seeing milkshakes when I was on the Westerdam in early October. Frankly, I was checking out the chocolates, not the beverages! I do recall that Chocolate Seduction had very limited hours on our cruise. As that was my only cruise on the Westerdam, so far, I don't know if that's the norm or not. Sorry that I can't help you more.

Yes chocolate seduction is only on the westerdam. I did try to use a second drink for 1.00 promo coupon on Black Friday at chocolate seduction and even though it stated valid at any lounge or bar they couldn't honor it because they didn't have a promo key on their register. I let HAL know on my online satisfaction that it was very disappointing.

If anyone knows if the SBP does apply to chocolate seduction I would appreciate it because I would buy it based on those amazing chocolate cocktails if I sailed on the westerdam again.

Carla

How in the heck did I miss this when we were on the Westerdam in September/October of this year?:mad:

It's on Deck 2 on the way to the show lounge. I had to really look for it after asking Roger for directions. It doesn't show on the deck plans. It's tucked away in an alcove with some cafe tables/chairs.

If anyone knows if the SBP does apply to chocolate seduction I would appreciate it because I would buy it based on those amazing chocolate cocktails if I sailed on the westerdam again.

Carla

According to the "rules" of the SBP, any drink under $7 is covered by the card. All of the beverages on the menu are under $7 so you should be covered. You could always wait until you are onboard and ask first before purchasing the package.

It's on Deck 2 on the way to the show lounge. I had to really look for it after asking Roger for directions. It doesn't show on the deck plans. It's tucked away in an alcove with some cafe tables/chairs.

Here is my PDF file of On Board Images on the Westerdam. See Page 12 for the Chocolate Seduction. This file was updated based on our July 2014 cruise.

Is Holland just piloting the Chocolate Seduction on the Westerdam? Does anyone know if they may move to have it on all ships like they rolled out the Hamburger Dive In?

The Dive-In was a name and menu change only. No new plumbing or electrical was required so the cost of the upgrade was minimal.

IMHO it would require cutting the floor space of the Shops to add a Chocolate Seduction to any other ship. With its limited hours, the income from the addition of a Chocolate Seduction, in a similar location, to other ships would cause a reduction of revenue. So don't hold your breath.

I think it would be a nice addition to the Explorations Cafe to combine both coffee and chocolate specialties.

When was the Chocolate Seduction initiated? We were on the Westerdam in early-August 2013 and did not see CS or any promotion for it.

Rod

Likely you missed it (easy to do as its quite hidden) - we were on her in Sept of 2013 and it was there.

DaveOKC

I have a feeling it doesn't do that well for some reasons that aren't the fault of the staff. For example my first hint of low volume was when ordered one of the three chocolate Martinis and the lady who served me had to refer to her sheets to make it. It was delicious I loved it and I wanted more. But...

1. It's not in a great spot.

2. Hours are short and inconvenient ...it was closed by 6 pm daily on our November cruise.

3. The chocolate products in the always locked display case have no price information on them to make you think they even want to sell them.

3. No promotions ever that I saw and the one I thought I could use I couldn't.

4. Hours are listed in the daily program but they don't mention anything about what CS really is.

5. It's competing with the explorations cafe for those morning and daytime hot drinks but doesn't serve coffee based beverages.

6. And once again it's in a strange spot without the proverbial dot on the ship map. The three Cardinal rules of business.. Location location location.

Based on the lack of action I saw I can't see HAL thinking about rolling it out anywhere else and it's sad because the concept is great as are the products (I bought the malt balls to take home... Decadent!)

Also it's not close to any other bars or venues really and walking with a full martini glass for any distance is not that fun :)

Just my two cents.

Carla