A Limit On Number of Bags Per Couple??

I just recently received my docs for out upcoming Voyager cruise this September. They only have 4 luggage tags in the back of the Cruise Documents, last year when we went on the Grandeur we had twice as many luggage tags, plus a couple of blank ones.

So I was wondering if this is a new RCL policy only 4 luggage tags per couple now?? I called RCL and they said you can pick up more at the pier, but if you are limited to 4 pieces of luggage each then why would they let you get more at the pier.

Just wondering if someone could clear this up for me, are you allowed MORE than 4 pieces of luggage per couple and does this include your garment bag and carryon??

Thanks for your help

Gail

Comet Cruiser

RCCL will allow you as many bags as you want to bring on board. They print just 4, or 2 for each passenger, as most have to travel by air to the port destination. The local RCCL agent will always have blank tags at the airport baggage area, if needed. You really only need tags for bags that will be given to the steveadores to load onboard. Hope this answers your question.

Rick

I don't think there is a limit on the number of bags.

My last cruise contract states:

Each adult passenger is permitted to carry up to two hundred pounds (200 lbs.) of luggage aboard the vessel.

It then reminds you not to bring live animals, weapons, fire arms, explosives or other similar property without written permission from Carrier.

Since most require air and they only allow two pieces of 50 lbs each. As above just ask for more when you get there or see the agent for any other things you bring. I always tell my TA I need 5 for my wheelchairs and canes. I have had to fill out the tag when I got there. The stevadors are very helpful here. They have alist of pax and will ensure that you get a blank tag to fill in.

We have never had any problem with placing our luggage under the bed on Voyager or other Class RCCL Ships. We bring (2 )29inch and (2) 25 inch bags plus a few other carry ons and all fit well.Jewel is a Radiance Class ship and have been on Brillance same class and no problem. Have a great cruise.

I don't think there is a limit on the number of bags.

My last cruise contract states:

Each adult passenger is permitted to carry up to two hundred pounds (200 lbs.) of luggage aboard the vessel.

It then reminds you not to bring live animals, weapons, fire arms, explosives or other similar property without written permission from Carrier.

200 pounds! Wow!

Well, now where are you supposed to put your goats???:D :eek:

You can bring as many bags as you want. My recommendation would be to bring only half of what you think you will need. Luggage takes up a lot of space in the rooms and it is a pain to deal with a lot of luggage with transfers and such.

Since most require air and they only allow two pieces of 50 lbs each. As above just ask for more when you get there or see the agent for any other things you bring. I always tell my TA I need 5 for my wheelchairs and canes. I have had to fill out the tag when I got there. The stevadors are very helpful here. They have alist of pax and will ensure that you get a blank tag to fill in.

If you are going to need additional tags, bring preprinted labels, like address labels, so you don't have to spend as much time filling out labels when you get to the pier.

I had read about the 200 lbs per person also, and was very excited, as I live in my port of departure. I daydreamed about the movie Titanic and all the artwork that went with her, lol! Then much to my surprise, I received my four measly luggage tags, lol, and asked my husband (who was reading the book at the time) if there was a phone number where I could call for more, lol!

My bright idea was to lug and carry on everything I wanted that would not fit in the four biggest suitcases we had, lol! Surely they would let me on even if no hands or feet were free, lol! Anyway, you can carry on as much as you can carry on!!!! Not only did we check in the four bags but my husband carried on a tripod, his camera case and a briefcase. I schlepped on with my overnight bag, PC, and my purse. I also packed in my check-in bag an expandable athletic (tote) bag with shoulder straps for souvenirs and carried that home, lol!

You may top that if you wish!

Archived