Back to back cruising .......Do I need to pack to unpack again

blueeyes2403

Hi Guys ....

DH and I are comsidering a back to back cruise ...........can anyone explain what happens when you dock again , Do you have to leave the ship with all your luggage etc?

If you have the same cabin, you let everything where it is. If you have a different cabin your steward will help you move before you get off the ship and are escourted back onboard. You do not take your luggage off the ship.

We have never had to take any of our stuff off the ship when doing a b2b. If you have the same cabin for both legs, you leave everything in your cabin. If you change cabins, you will have to pack. Usually the cabin steward will help move you

I am new to cruising and am trying to fathom the attraction to B2B cruising on the same ship. All the same shows, menus performers, same ports....what am I missing?

Sometimes the ports are different. Sometimes the entertainment changes. Sometimes it is just fun to do all of the activities that you missed and eat all of the food that you didn't on the first leg. Don't knock it until you try it.:cool:

We are doing a B2B for the itinerary. Seven days Cal Coastal (SFO, Santa Barbara, Long Beach, Ensenada, San Diego & SFO) and then a Ten days Mexico (Cabo San Lucas, Loreto, La Paz, Puerto Vallarta & SFO). :D

I am new to cruising and am trying to fathom the attraction to B2B cruising on the same ship. All the same shows, menus performers, same ports....what am I missing?

Hi - welcome to the wonderful world of cruising. :)

If you are sailing on the Royal or the Regal, where the ship can be thought of as a destination, there is no way you can see all of the ship and enjoy all of the dining and entertainment options in just one week. Also, on some Caribbean itineraries the ships alternate between Eastern and Western sailings, so same ship, but different ports.

if you are from Canada like us, you only pay one airfare and get 2 cruises away from the cold winter

Yep. I forgot to mention that part. Pay for only one travel expense instead of two. One airfare, one hotel overnight and then get two cruises. Great deal if you need to travel to the port to do the cruise.

Some people like that sort of thing. If there is only a one-week cruise available during someone's time frame, and the same cruise repeats, then it makes sense to turn a one-week cruise into a two-week one. There are plenty of entertainment options in a week, and it might take two weeks to sample them all. It's possible to order something different off a menu you have seen before. A longer cruise also lets people become more acquainted with the wait staff (if they so choose.) Most ports have multiple attractions and tours available. No one has to do the same things in a port every visit. In other words, a B2B is not a repeat of a cruise if the cruiser changes things up from one to the next.

Ours have all been longer cruises with different ports. For instance, in 2013, we did two b2b cruises. First was three cruises. First from Fort Lauderdale to Buenos Aires. Second BA to Santiago. The third was Santiago to San Francisco.

The second was from Rome to Singapore and Singapore to Sydney.

We did a b2b over the holidays in 2012-2013 for the first time and we stayed in same room and totally enjoyed ourselves.

It was so much fun walking off the ship in Fort Laurderdale and having no luggage to carry around and it gave us a chance to explore the city which we treated the same as a port of call.

The best part was walking past all the people waiting to board the ship because we had 'in transit' cards so we got to go right past everyone and board the ship.

When it comes to the repetition of shows,menus and movies it just gave us more time to relax and know that we could see or try it the following week.

We would book a b2b again in a heart beat.

For some it is because it costs more to get to the port than the cruise costs, so you might as well do it again to make it worth the trip.

We are doing a B2B in Feb (same itinerary, shows, food) but the TWO cruises will cost us less than our travel to get there (really cheap cruises):D

We have never had to take any of our stuff off the ship when doing a b2b. If you have the same cabin for both legs, you leave everything in your cabin. If you change cabins, you will have to pack. Usually the cabin steward will help move you

Agree with Paul 100%. Only thing I would add is that depending on the ports you are visiting (I don't know your itinerary) you may have to leave the ship for a customs inspection, just you not your luggage.

I'll be doing 3 short west coast getaways B2B, for a total of 11 days, all in the same cabin. PLEASE tell me I don't have to go to the lifeboat drill all 3 times!?!

You don't have to! At least in our experiences, and pretty recently, we had the option not to although they would have been quite happy to have us go the second time too ;).

2 mini bar set ups :D and double the enjoyment...maybe better weather for the second visit to the same port.

We did a B2B in different directions from Southampton, though I admit that visiting the same ports would be on the dull side.

Re getting off the ship : As we had already received our new cruise card for the 2nd leg, we didn't have to disembark. There was a gathering for a card scan in one of the public areas. We also booked the same cabin for both legs to avoid a relocation.

I just love cruises I like to relax and do nothing but lay in the sun and go to the beach. Also getting away from the cold for 2 weeks is awesome. Sometimes onboard gets boring but we find things to do. I will say we just got off a cruise in Dec and it already feels like it's been a year good thing out b2b is in 14 days woo woo oh and we try to book b2b that is different ports

Sent from my LGLS990 using Forums mobile app

I'll be doing 3 short west coast getaways B2B, for a total of 11 days, all in the same cabin. PLEASE tell me I don't have to go to the lifeboat drill all 3 times!?!
You should only need to go to the first one. We were exempt from the second one on the Golden in Seattle a couple of years ago.

You should only need to go to the first one. We were exempt from the second one on the Golden in Seattle a couple of years ago.

As recently as November on the Grand. Had to go to the second muster. First time that had ever happened.