Computer problems with Cruise Critic???

AliceS

Around 3pm Mountain time, when, I suspect, a lot of east coasters start to log in, getting on to CC becomes hit and miss for me. I think it's just traffic related. It makes it nearly impossible to edit my posts when I realize that there are errors in them...but that's ok, other helpful people usually take care of it for me! :)

It's been better for me the past day or so but earlier in the week, hours went by before I was able get to the boards. I tried several different ways of accessing the boards (I.E., Netscape, AOL, etc.) but had the same results.

I experience extreme slowness - or the jam up that makes me lose a response I spent a long time composing. It is getting more and more frustrating to use this board.

And no - I'm not a new user as the post # would suggest - just a new name on a new computer.

I haven't had a problem with my computer freezing, but during the last couple of weeks I have seen problems with the boards being VERY slow or just not functioning at all. I think that the CC boards have gotten so popular that they just don't have the server capacity to work properly during peak hours.

Last week I thought it was getting better but now it is so very slow. I have ben keeping tract of new members coming on CC. In the past two weeks there have been over a 1000 new members. Unbelievable. Every single time I come on CC I go to what I call the Table of Contents board and just above the birthdays there is a welcome new members. I sort of keep tract of the count.

Can CC let us know what is happening with the boards? I love this place but it is getting really frustrating.

Marilyn

I sure wish they would do something about it. The afternoons for me are almost non-existent on this board. And it takes so much time just to find out it's not going to work. I guess we just have too many members for the space alloted to this website.

Well it is only 12:30 here in Beantown and already I have slowed to a slow crawl. Think everyone should go to lunch now and let the Left Coasters have a go.:D Then they need to get off until noonish their time and maybe the East Coasters can get some posting done:)

I’ve had the usual slowness problems. Yesterday, when trying to post my browser would become disabled and I had to shut it down through the Task Manager. The infrastructure isn’t running too well and yes, it is frustrating.

I've had much the same experience but I thought it was Highroller trying to hack me again.

For me, it does seem to be better in the middle of the night when there are less than 20 members signed on. But that makes me think it might be my cable connection which does indeed slow down at peak times when lots of users are online.

Still, I go to other sites and they flash right up on the screen

But that makes me think it might be my cable connection which does indeed slow down at peak times when lots of users are online.

It has nothing to do with your ISP, it's all about the cruisecritic servers not being able to handle the load.

I experience extreme slowness - or the jam up that makes me lose a response I spent a long time composing. It is getting more and more frustrating to use this board.

And no - I'm not a new user as the post # would suggest - just a new name on a new computer.

My main problems with the boards are when they are slightly slow and I lose a post I was making. What I do now is after I type up my post, I select it all and copy it. If the post gets losts, just past it back into the reply window. You no longer have to retype your post.

Glad to hear everybody is having a sloooooow time on the boards. I was thinking it was my cable or ISP, but since everyone is experiencing I feel better, not happy but better.

So I guess the answer is we kick off posters, * LOL* or CC upgrades the equipment. Right? No one wants to leave CC so I guess we will just have to get rid of the posters we do not like - Flamers, people who disagree, those who ask questions with out first doing a search?????

Please before you flame me I am just joking!!!!! I love to read all the post, good bad or ugly. Let keep them coming.

My main problems with the boards are when they are slightly slow and I lose a post I was making. What I do now is after I type up my post, I select it all and copy it. If the post gets losts, just past it back into the reply window. You no longer have to retype your post.

I have been typing my response then copying it into a word document before submitting it so when it freezes up I don't freak out. I am probably wrong but it seems like when I "reply with quote" it freezes up a lot.

IT people: is that possible?

Also, what does "WYSIWYG editor intialized for Internet Explorer in 0.328 seconds" mean? I know about What You See Is What You Get but when I see this message I almost always have problems coming up when on Cruise Critic.

Archived