Carnival Conqeust, Paradise, or elation in feb. Help?!?!

ccleveland

I am looking at doing a feb cruise for me and my wife and would like some input. I have narrowed it down to the following:

1) 5 day cruise from tampa on paradise that goes to cozmel and grand cayman islands. Price starts around $200

2) 5 day cruise from new orleans on elation and it goes to cozeml and progresso. Price starts around $230

3) 6 day cruise from fort lauderdale on the conquest goes to key west, cozmel and grand caymans. Price starts around $279.

Please give me some advice and tell me which one you would do if you were me and why. Im only taking this trip for me and my wife just to get out of town and relax. We are not really looking for any excursions unless there $40 or something like that haha. Keep in mind that I'm coming from north atlanta so going to fort lauderdale means traveling 9.5 to 10 hours :(

Just the facts....

Paradise built 1998 refurb 2012 70,000 tons

Elation .....built 1998 refurb 2011 70,000 tons

Conquest built 2002 refurb 2012 110,000 tons

You have already been on two of Carnival's 3 largest ships. I would recommend that you go on the Conquest even though you dread the long drive to Ft Lauderdale. The Conquest is 110,000 tons and has many of the 2.0 upgrades that you already experienced on your two prior Carnival cruises. The Paradise and Elation both have Serenity areas, but none of the 2.0 upgrades that you experienced before.

Personally, I would only go on a Fantasy class ship if it was given to me for free. I have evolved beyond that type of ship. Good luck with your decision.

So I just got the "ok" to take off work for the Feb 1 cruise from the Conquest but i just don't know about the almost 10 drive.

Does the paradise have the theater where they put shows on?

The conquest goes to key west and I heard that's a really beautiful place?

So I just got the "ok" to take off work for the Feb 1 cruise from the Conquest but i just don't know about the almost 10 drive.

Does the paradise have the theater where they put shows on?

The conquest goes to key west and I heard that's a really beautiful place?

The Paradise has the fewest features in the fleet. My wife and I have sailed each class and will no longer sail on the Fantasy class ships (Paradise and Elation) because they lack many of the features we enjoy (Guy Burger, Blue Iguana, Steakhouse, Alchemy Bar, EA Sports Bar, ext.). The Conquest has these options and I would drive twice as far to bypass the other ships to sail on her if those were my only options.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It cost a little more but another option you could consider is the Sunshine sailing Saturday January 31st from Port Canaveral. 7 day western itinerary and the ship had every feature you could want. That would give you a shorter drive and more features.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would choose the Conquest because you get an extra port and an extra day at sea. I know it's more expensive than the other two options, but only $100 more total than Elation. Plus there's quite a bit to do in each port. In Key West, you can just hop off and walk around downtown without spending any money for an excursion. In Cozumel and Key West, there are also low-cost excursion options especially if you look at booking outside of Carnival. If it were me and I had the means and time to do it, I would go for the Conquest without hesitation.

Edited by iheartmarshall

Thanks for the helpful hints! I really want to do the conquest but I taped to the wife last night and looks like she doesn't want to have to close her salon shop for that long. Might have to go for a 4 to 5 day cruise :( and that means paradise or bahamas.

I guess paradise will be my best option because it's refurbished in 2012

I am looking at doing a feb cruise for me and my wife and would like some input. I have narrowed it down to the following:

1) 5 day cruise from tampa on paradise that goes to cozmel and grand cayman islands. Price starts around $200

2) 5 day cruise from new orleans on elation and it goes to cozeml and progresso. Price starts around $230

3) 6 day cruise from fort lauderdale on the conquest goes to key west, cozmel and grand caymans. Price starts around $279.

Please give me some advice and tell me which one you would do if you were me and why. Im only taking this trip for me and my wife just to get out of town and relax. We are not really looking for any excursions unless there $40 or something like that haha. Keep in mind that I'm coming from north atlanta so going to fort lauderdale means traveling 9.5 to 10 hours :(

They all sound great to me; but my first choice would be the Conquest because it is one more day, and it goes to Key West; one of my favorite places. But I see from your previous post to this, that it may be too long for you to be away....sooooo my next choice, while I love the Tampa area and would love to take a cruise on the Paradise; I would pick the Elation from New Orleans, just because of New Orleans. It is another one of my favorite places. I think they are all great choices though, so maybe choose by which is easier for you to get to.

Have you considered Fascination out of Jacksonville? That would be the shortest drive.

I haven't been on Fascination but I've been on Paradise once and going again in 2 days (woo hoo!). Paradise is nice if you want relaxing because of all the time at sea. And Cozumel is a great port.

If you're looking at cost as the determining factor, then your best bets on a cost basis would be either the 2/1 Sensation @ 159 pp or 495 after taxes for 4 days out of Pt Canaveral or the 2/9 Fascination @ 209 pp or 601 after taxes for 5 days out of Jacksonville. The Fascination sailing is also less of a drive and includes a stop at Little Stirrup Cay.

(keep in mind that my wife thinks were going to helen, GA or gatlinburg TN.. shh its a cruise surprise lol) me and my wife talked tonight and she wants to try and leave on 1/31 afternoon or morning of 2/1 and come back wednesday 2/4. So with that said i need to try and find a cruise around those dates. Maybe if the cruises starts on 2/2 and does 4 days thats ok to... I just can't do the conquest anymore.

Im sticking with a 4 day caribbean if thats even out there or i will just go with a 4 day bahamas. I totally will take a cruise over going to gatlinburg TN, helen GA, or to the beach in florida because the cruise includes sleeping and food and fun! haha :)

(keep in mind that my wife thinks were going to helen, GA or gatlinburg TN.. shh its a cruise surprise lol) me and my wife talked tonight and she wants to try and leave on 1/31 afternoon or morning of 2/1 and come back wednesday 2/4. So with that said i need to try and find a cruise around those dates. Maybe if the cruises starts on 2/2 and does 4 days thats ok to... I just can't do the conquest anymore.

Im sticking with a 4 day caribbean if thats even out there or i will just go with a 4 day bahamas. I totally will take a cruise over going to gatlinburg TN, helen GA, or to the beach in florida because the cruise includes sleeping and food and fun! haha :)

The only 4 day caribbean option is the 2/2/15 Ecstasy for 179 out of Miami. The 4 day Bahamas options are 2/1/15 Sensation out of Pt Canaveral for 159, the RCI Enchantment of the Seas on 2/2/15 for 217 out of Pt Canaveral going to CocoCay instead of Freeport or the Norwegian Sky on 2/2/15 for 179 out of Miami and visiting 3 ports. The RCI ship is the largest and highest rated out of the 4 options, so that's the primary reason why it's probably the most expensive as well.

Because of the date parameters you have now listed, these are your only options. Good luck.

Edited by SNJCruisers

Ya if I told her then she might be more willing to go on a cruise and maybe a longer one to haha

For now it's either paradise on 2/2, elation can't remember date but beginning of Feb or even a fascination bahamas cruise since my wife has never been to bahamas. Everyone has to go to Nassau or freeport once in there life. My main thing is just to be on the boat with show and food and desserts lol

According to post 17, you had stated that you wanted a 4 day cruise leaving on February 1 or 2. I followed up with your only choices in post 18. If you are now adding a 5 day option then you could pick either the 5 day paradise or 5 day elation which are both on February 2. The fascination is not until February 5.

We are sailing the Carnival Pride Feb. 1 from Tampa. Refurb November 2014 added 2.0(Guys, etc). Sailing to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, and Grand Cayman. We are from Georgia too and prefer drive to Tampa over Miami.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the Paradise in September, 2013. It was our first cruise and we knew nothing about cruising and had nothing to compare it to. So, to us, it was Heaven. Balcony room. We had no complaints at all. The staff were super nice. But if you have been on the "fancier" ships, you may be disappointed with what sounds like what may be a "downgrade".

If you do go to Cozumel - we loved it. We went to Nachi Cocum

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/eng/rates.cfm

and did the all day inclusive. Only $55.00 each and that includes unlimited drinks and a four course Mexican meal. We also did a snorkel excursion there - the water and fish are gorgeous and the guy who gets in the water with you is the absolute best - he took his time with us, didn't rush at all (we were out for two hours) and he constantly dove down to get conch shells, stir up a stingray etc.