Going to Labadee for the first time in June, what are the. Must do's?

Loralie

The Dragon's Breath Flightline/Zipline is great! There is the practice zipline, and then the "big one". It is an amazing view and experience. I believe the cost is approx. $95.

The jet skis are a lot of fun, too. Also, the speedboat/zodiac thrill ride is fun, too!

Sorry, also when can I book these or do we just stand in line to do?

Thanks so much.

I would definitely book the zipline in advance. I think it's pretty popular. I would be surprised if there were walk-up spaces available, but you could probably check when you board the first day.

Is there a cost for the zip line and roller coaster? Last time I was on Labadee they did not have these things and it was not built up at all.

Thanks so much.

There's a cost. [emoji389]

You can see it on the shore excursions page of Royal's site, but the zip line is ~ $100 and the coaster is ~$25 for a single ride or ~$35 all day. My daughter loved the zip line and my son and I loved the coaster, which has brakes so you can control your speed (not sure why you'd want to do that though) [emoji12]

You might want to book the zip line onboard or at least the moment you arrive as slots fill up, but for the coaster (and waterslide), I'd book on site, as you might get a discounted rate. Your sea pass card is accepted for everything except for the local merchants. [emoji385]

Sorry, also when can I book these or do we just stand in line to do?

Thanks so much.

You can book on the website pre-cruise, with the Explorations desk on board, or on Labadee.

We have done and enjoyed the zip line, jet skis, and dragons coaster.

We did not like the water slide, for $20 waste of money.

The water structure for the kids is purchased in time slots, and parents love it, really keeps the kids busy and the kids love it.

This summer will be our 6th. time there.

Love it

Safe travels.

We did the zip line and it was worth the money! We also rented a cabana. Another great time it is a little pricey, but we split it between 3 couples which made it more affordable.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

Whenever you can disembark.. Do it!! The past two times I've been to Labadee I have made a point to be one of the first off of the ship. I head straight for Adrenaline Beach to get my umbrella. (Not really an umbrella, I can't come up with what it is exactly but it's more like a half moon canopy.) they are free,essentially but I generally tip well because of how awesome of a deal it is to have that umbrella all day.

1 - Drink labadoozie

2 - Relax and get hot

3 - Cool off in the water

4 - Go back to step 1 and repeat :)

This truly is the best advice. Don't forget the BBQ buffet (that would be Step 5), but be cognizant that the serving lines close at 2pm. Bring a water bottle too.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Not to be the Grinch at the holidays but except for the beach the rest of it is not our cup of tea. I guess if you were with your kids it would be a different story. If you haven't been there before make sure you have water shoes since the main beach has nice size rocks just as you walk into the water. The view from the ship looking down the coast is very picturesque. Because of this we are contemplating getting a kayak and try to find an isolated spot. Finally if it were not for the ribs (hope they still have them) at the buffet, I would probably get back on the ship for a bite. The buffet is a little crazy. A lot of people are grabbing so much food it's like their going to the electric chair!

If you haven't been there before make sure you have water shoes since the main beach has nice size rocks just as you walk into the water.

The beach from where you see the zip line is rocky, however, Columbus Cove is a much nicer beach where rocks are not a problem.

LAB2-vi.jpg

I'm excited to go to Labadee for the first time in June. Im looking to do the zip line. Any advice for a first timer? Any must do's?

Loralie

My son & I have done the kayaking excursion several times and we love it. It's so much fun and you learn some history.

We went to Labadee a few years ago with the Oasis. We didn't do any of the activities as we were not really keen on any of them - just went for a walk past everything. The local vendors were very keen to sell items - not surprising given the devastation that Haiti has experienced.

The beach was lovely and we enjoyed just walking around but it didn't seem like a 'real' port to us - too similar to being on the ship.

At least the port supports the local economy (presumably)

I have to be the one to disagree - zipline in our opinion was a waste of time. A waste of money too, but mostly a waste of time. It took over two hours for a 45 second run. Nice view? Yes. Nice ride? Yes. worth 90.00 and two hours - no!

I spent 170.00 dollars in Vegas to go skydiving - a plane ride, the experience of a life time, etc etc. Zipline at Labadee - 90.00 to mostly stand around waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for a 45 second ride..................:rolleyes: All three of us agreed it was a waste of time and money.